How much harder for old people & sick people to find jobs in America? (higher healthcare costs)

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In America, health insurance is usually provided by the employer. Policies also have cover the employees' spouses and kids.

So, old people and sick people cost their employers like 10 times as much as younger, healthier employees in America. People with families are also bad for the employer.

How much harder is it for old people, sick people, and people that look like they might have families to find jobs?

In America, health insurance is usually provided by the employer. Policies also have cover the employees' spouses and kids.

So, old people and sick people cost their employers like 10 times as much as younger, healthier employees in America. People with families are also bad for the employer.

How much harder is it for old people, sick people, and people that look like they might have families to find jobs?

Well in Hawaii it isn't a problem, because they have an age discrimination law.

I was floored by what I paid for car insurance when I was 20 years old in Hawaii. It was like 70$ a month, compared to 300$ month in Washington state.(year 2000)

Funny how the social justice warriors never talk about one of the most prevalent and acceptable forms of descrimination.

Well in Hawaii it isn't a problem, because they have an age discrimination law.

I was floored by what I paid for car insurance when I was 20 years old in Hawaii. It was like 70$ a month, compared to 300$ month in Washington state.(year 2000)

Funny how the social justice warriors never talk about one of the most prevalent and acceptable forms of descrimination.
Oh no an entire $200 lol. Try costing your employer like $10,000 more a month for health insurance if you have pre-existing health problems and a family.

How is it not a problem in Hawaii? It's illegal to discriminate in every state. That does't mean that it doesn't happen all the time.

Oh no an entire $200 lol. Try costing your employer like $10,000 more a month for health insurance if you have pre-existing health problems and a family.

How is it not a problem in Hawaii? It's illegal to discriminate in every state. That does't mean that it doesn't happen all the time.

It isn't illegal to discriminate for age. This law means insurers cant charge more for an elderly persons insurance, just as the car insurance company couldn't discriminate against me for my age.

It was 2000. I was a private in the army making 1000$ a month. Saving 230$ was almost a quarter of my wages.

I have no sympathy for old people (baby boomers) who can't find jobs. They had their chance and they fucked up big time. They grew up during the country's best years, both economic and politically, only to turn around and squander our nation's wealth and cause a decline in every way imaginable. And through it all, these old fucks couldn't scrape together a fucking retirement to save us from supporting their leaching entitled asses as they slowly die, bleeding us dry with every breath they take. Fuck old people (baby boomers), they enjoyed America's best years and shit out its worst for us.

I have no sympathy for old people (baby boomers) who can't find jobs. They had their chance and they fucked up big time. They grew up during the country's best years, both economic and politically, only to turn around and squander our nation's wealth and cause a decline in every way imaginable. And through it all, these old fucks couldn't scrape together a fucking retirement to save us from supporting their leaching entitled asses as they slowly die, bleeding us dry with every breath they take. Fuck old people (baby boomers), they enjoyed America's best years and shit out its worst for us.
Derp you can literally take a 3 month course without even a high school degree and get a cushy 6 figure office job. You can start your own business for free. You can get remote work and work travelling the globe. We have more opportunity than ever.

But yeah we got it real hard

20130911-lens-vietnam-slide-Y4C4-superJumbo.jpg

Employers don't buy each policy individually, it's pooled in a group policy. Depending on the job, there are myriad other reasons employers would prefer a younger hire before even considering the cost of their medical benefits.

Maybe with a small business. 10-15 people. Possible I suppose.

Larger companies not so much.

I don't think it's widely done. Get yourself sued.

Isn't the mandate in the US that business provides HC when their employee base is 50+ people? That seems more conducive to the retail and goods services that old people get into in their later employment years (walmart, grocery outlets, etc)

Derp you can literally take a 3 month course without even a high school degree and get a cushy 6 figure office job. You can start your own business for free. You can get remote work and work travelling the globe. We have more opportunity than ever.

20130911-lens-vietnam-slide-Y4C4-superJumbo.jpg

Looks like the Koch bros caught another little rube fishy.

What a miserable person

Need some details on that 3-month course. Sounds made up.

A number of retired babyboomers I know retired, got bored, then found a new job quickly.

Sure, not the same salaries or perks, but everyone seeking a job in their 60s that I know found one.

My work just hired a 450 pound man. Do clearly they didn't discriminate for all the extra health care costs and work days he will miss due to his issues

My work just hired a 450 pound man. Do clearly they didn't discriminate for all the extra health care costs and work days he will miss due to his issues

Next step would be: "I didn't offer the applicant the job because I smelled cigarette smoke on him. We can't afford the future costs."

We live in a society predicated on excess consumerism. Is it any wonder that America is a fat assed country? People shoveling more and more food into their cavernous maws, taking a break to change the channel or surf some reddit shit, before reengaging their mindless expansive consumerism. Big as a fucking couch and still shoveling it in.

We see the fundamental flaw in a capitalist consumer based economy as well as a problem with human thinking and identity development in that framework.

Getting health insurance through employment sounds like a royal pain in the ass to all involved.

Getting health insurance through employment sounds like a royal pain in the ass to all involved.
Right now, Obamacare exchange (for individuals, not health insurance from your employer) programs can't price-discriminate based on pre-existing health conditions.

Imagine what it was like pre-Obamacare when you got sick, got laid off, lost your health insurance because you lost your job, and then you couldn't buy health insurance because you had a pre-existing condition.

Last edited:

You seem like a very angry and hateful person.

Of course, you're also completely right. By far the worst generation in American history. Their parents won WWII, gave us the social security and labor rights, and fought for civil rights.

So they follow it up by squandering the greatest economy in human history, giving money and power back to the rich, electing celebrity presidents, remaining uninformed in the age of the internet, driving their kids and country into debt, refusing to allow single payer healthcare while holding onto their own single payer healthcare like a fucking diamond, refusing to believe climate science because it would force them to tone down their lifestyles, and not even saving a fucking penny during their free fucking ride, so we're going to be paying for them in their old age.

It rustles me so fucking much too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back