How much dough u spend to get taxes done

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Wife and I itemize and it was 280 last year which I thought was a ripoff. Takes about an hours work. This year I’m shopping around. They usually don’t like to give prices up front those shifty bastards. I feel like they just make it up depending on if you get a good refund or not.

I use turbo tax. A friend of mine pays something like 10,000 for an accountant to do his taxes, its nuts.

$0. I go to my dads and fill out paper forms. I do one itemized to see if it's worth it. The last couple of years the standard deduction has been a little more. I'm single, own a house and bought a new car last year but I don't think I'll beat the standard deduction. It takes me about 1 hour 30 mins but that's because I forget and have to look at the pamphlet each year to make sure I understand what they are asking. I look at it as getting paid $1400 an hour between federal and state returns.

I itemize and have a farm which requires a better understanding of tax laws than I have. It's dependent on how much I get back, but last year I paid $200. Takes her about a half hour, but would take me hours of pulling my hair out. Usually get $8k-$9k back, so it's well worth it for me.

The past several years I’ve been paying ~$50 a year through turbo tax or HR Block essentially for the convenience. Mine are extremely easy.

Next year I might hire an accountant though. Mine will be a little trickier because I have to pay for some dental work out of pocket and I definitely want to recover income taxes on the money I’m spending on that.

My personal taxes I do myself for free with forms you can grab at the post office.

I itemize and have a farm which requires a better understanding of tax laws than I have. It's dependent on how much I get back, but last year I paid $200. Takes her about a half hour, but would take me hours of pulling my hair out. Usually get $8k-$9k back, so it's well worth it for me.

200 sounds reasonable. And it’s kid of ridiculous to charge more because I paid more than I needed to when doing same amount of work.

Zero. I’m good at following instructions, so I do my family’s taxes.

I pay $29.95 through taxact. Unless you have income from rentals, farm, etc. or other complications, most should be able to get it done that cheap. At this point, they've developed the programs so that you are just answering basic questions.

The past several years I’ve been paying ~$50 a year through turbo tax or HR Block essentially for the convenience. Mine are extremely easy.

Next year I might hire an accountant though. Mine will be a little trickier because I have to pay for some dental work out of pocket and I definitely want to recover income taxes on the money I’m spending on that.

That will not make your taxes much more difficult at all. You should still be able to do it easily on TurboTax or another program.

Unless you're a business owner or some shit, you're a dumbass if you can't knock out your taxes in an hour or less for free at home.

Unless you're a business owner or some shit, you're a dumbass if you can't knock out your taxes in an hour or less for free at home.

This. It's not even that hard if you're a small business owner.

Pains me when I see people making 60k a year and they're spending hundreds on their taxes.

My corporate taxes cost me about 900 this year. He hasn't finished my personal but from what I remember last year, they were much less, like under 300 I think.

i pay $60 to go to my parent's lawyer. i know i could do it for free, but i end up receiving great advice from him on law and tax stuff in general, so i see it as both him doing my taxes, and getting advice on whatever legal or tax issues i may have.

I just use TurboTax for free every year. Although those bastards always try to steer me to the paid version.

I do mine free on Credit Karma.

i spend 600-700..

but my accountant saved me 20-25k by doing a few different things..

Back