How much dough u spend to get taxes done

you can add money from a bank account any time and it was my understanding that you could reclaim income taxes at the end of the year on those funds. Which is retarded because if you can reclaim taxes then what's the point of shuffling to the HSA before paying qualified expenses, but whateva. I'll have to check more into this shit. Prolly hire a Jewish accountant a year from now

I think it's to encourage always having money available and dedicated for medical. Most people aren't prepared for medical expenses. We always try to keep it fairly funded, sometimes up to our deductible ($5k).

I think it's to encourage always having money available and dedicated for medical. Most people aren't prepared for medical expenses. We always try to keep it fairly funded, sometimes up to our deductible ($5k).
oh I just mean it seems dumb to put money into the HSA vs just paying medical expenses out of checking if you reclaim the income taxes essentially the same way. But for sure I will be contributing more out of my paycheck next year.

I've see an old Filipino guy doing someone's taxes for 30 yrs and he clearly didn't know tax law and made several rookie mistakes. I've seen an old white guy also make many rookie mistakes. These guys had a ton of experience, but it clearly was experience in being clueless.

No matter what it is, if you choose the cheapest, you will get the worst quality. I never go cheap with stuff to do with money, car safety, food, health.
Where did I say it was the cheapest? I have no idea if its cheap, but $200 for personal taxes doesn’t cheap to me. I do know she’s been studyng tax laws for decades and knows enough for all I need.

Unfortunately, paying myself doesn't actually enrich me.

H&R Block Software for me. Been using that for the past 3 years. Prior to that I was using Turbo Tax for a while. This year it cost me $20 + $20 to file e-state. I did get it off Amazon, so $1000 worth of my refund I got a Amazon Gift Card, which gave me an additional $50. Essentially a free tax return. Got back a little more than usual since I had a few extra write offs from our home purchase last year (prepaid interest/property tax, points) and we also purged and donated a lot of stuff/clothing before our move. We also remodeled our kitchen and we donated the existing granite countertops, sink, refrigerator, stove to Habitat of Humanity.

About $100 at H&R Block. I have been hit up by the government a couple times after filing my taxes, and H&R has set them straight, so it's worth it for me.

oh I just mean it seems dumb to put money into the HSA vs just paying medical expenses out of checking if you reclaim the income taxes essentially the same way. But for sure I will be contributing more out of my paycheck next year.

It's all about the tax benefits you get from a HSA. If my wife didn't have such good medical and we were much younger without children I would go the HDHP route and max my HSA like crazy. First of all it's a tax deferred, secondly you gain interest tax free and lastly you can use it penalty free. No retirement account can even get close to matching that let alone post tax money from your checking account.....

That's probably for like a business tax return or has a ton of self-employment businesses and/or rentals, partnerships, etc. Or maybe the accountant is a con artist.

The thing is shitty accountants should charge a few hundred because they don't know shit, don't have more than 2 days of training and zero supervision and their supervisor also doesn't know shit. You'll likely get incoherent nonsense on your tax returns and end up paying more tax than supposed to. When these shitty guys charge more, that's when you're extra fucked.

I see these large Polynesian women working the tax prep cubicles inside Walmart and no fucking way I'd trust them to know anything.

The person's main income is trading options on the CBT, they also own multiple rental properties etc.

Back