How many here for real actually watched the whole Stipe vs Ngannou

People saying Stipe did no damage are just lost imo. Most of the head shots that Stipe landed in the stand up were on the bottom half of Francis's head, and were clearly making Francis think twice about everything. May not have looked as aesthetically damaging as the cuts around the eye but Stipe was counterpunching pretty well imo when they did box and was beating him at his own game there as well. It was just too risky and would be a poor gameplan to keep doing the only thing that can cost you the belt, on the chance Francis lands a bomb and ends it. That was clearly the ONLY CHANCE Francis had to win the fight.

So who here actually watched the damn thing in its entirety on PPV or streaming or live?

I've seen so many threads since Sunday morning that had so many varying inconsistencies about how the match went...." lay and pray" "a complete shot to shit slashed and burned wrestlefuck" "20 minutes of stipe laying on Francis"

Can we get some concise and cohesive telling of this match
Like a consensus agreement of what happened

If you're willing to read this wall of text...this is my recollection of the match...although it might be somewhat jumbled

Cause I feel like I'm going crazy,
knowing what I saw then having a guy on here tell me otherwise

Round 1: whole round of standup with a bit of clinching/stalling....ngannou unloads repeatedly while stipe bobs and weaves then resets...ngannou eats a heavy overhand right that obviously got his attention....at the end of the round stipe eats a heavy uppercut that gets his attention then he got the takedown at the bell...I think there was another takedown earlier in the round

Round 2: stipe still doing head mooment....goes for a takedown after getting uppercutted and gets ngannou trapped between himself and the cage on his knees...Stipe hits him with knees and some punches....goes for a RNC (?) Right near the bell

Round 3: stipe goes for a takedown and they end up in the exact same position as round 2 (francis trapped against the cage kneeling) but ngannou powers up to his feet and pushes stipe away then hits him with a heavy heavy right that makes stipe go for the double Leg and drives him down hard to the mat....Stipe gets in francis half guard and rains down hard rights (legit thought he was close to stopping ngannou here)
But ngannou locks up stipe's arms before could go anything further and they both take a rest before herb called for action right near the bell

Round 4:ngannou pushes stipe into the cage before stipe double legs ngannou into the mat...ngannou attempts a heel hook?...Stipe stands up to get out then he dives right back into franc's guard
now this is where I remember any "laying on Francis" starting as Ngannou tries to get up stipe was content laying over his back for a minute before herb called for action...Stipe obliges and repeatedly hits ngannou in the head and body while ngannou slumps

Round 5: ugly ugly round....Stipe drives ngannou into the cage...stalls enough that herb calls for action...ngannou goes for a lame headlock?...Stipe easily gets out and they mostly circle each other while stipe avoids the few punches ngannou throw...flying knee from ngannou that stipe literally "catches" before he runs ngannou into the cage til the bell

Sorry if there's not an exact continuity to how I'm describing it since I'm just going from memory...but all that shit happened right???? Or am I the crazy one
<{hughesimpress}>
That's not what happened... Miocic got the double leg in the opening seconds of Round 1 and that's where they stayed through 5 rounds. They didn't even ask to be stood up to go to their corners in between rounds they just laid there while their trainers through water on them. Herb Dean went to Starbucks and came back in the 5th to warn them about inactivity. Come to think of it, I think they're still there!

You are in crazyland, man. This is Sherdog where guys don't have to watch fights to know what happened and know who won.

I thought it was great. I had money on Stipe so I was enthralled. He was making an absolute gimp out of Dana's new show pony but even in round 4 there was always the threat of one of N'gannou's haymakers landing so there was that bit of suspense.

I didn't. As soon as the Nigerian blew his load in the opening 2 mins and it became clear that stipes gameplan was to lay n pray his way to a decision I stopped watching

You didn't watch. He's Cameroonian, so you missed something.

People saying Stipe did no damage are just lost imo. Most of the head shots that Stipe landed in the stand up were on the bottom half of Francis's head, and were clearly making Francis think twice about everything. May not have looked as aesthetically damaging as the cuts around the eye but Stipe was counterpunching pretty well imo when they did box and was beating him at his own game there as well. It was just too risky and would be a poor gameplan to keep doing the only thing that can cost you the belt, on the chance Francis lands a bomb and ends it. That was clearly the ONLY CHANCE Francis had to win the fight.
Naw lol nope

Back