How many here for real actually watched the whole Stipe vs Ngannou

The Moloko man

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So who here actually watched the damn thing in its entirety on PPV or streaming or live?

I've seen so many threads since Sunday morning that had so many varying inconsistencies about how the match went...." lay and pray" "a complete shot to shit slashed and burned wrestlefuck" "20 minutes of stipe laying on Francis"

Can we get some concise and cohesive telling of this match
Like a consensus agreement of what happened

If you're willing to read this wall of text...this is my recollection of the match...although it might be somewhat jumbled

Cause I feel like I'm going crazy,
knowing what I saw then having a guy on here tell me otherwise

Round 1: whole round of standup with a bit of clinching/stalling....ngannou unloads repeatedly while stipe bobs and weaves then resets...ngannou eats a heavy overhand right that obviously got his attention....at the end of the round stipe eats a heavy uppercut that gets his attention then he got the takedown at the bell...I think there was another takedown earlier in the round

Round 2: stipe still doing head mooment....goes for a takedown after getting uppercutted and gets ngannou trapped between himself and the cage on his knees...Stipe hits him with knees and some punches....goes for a RNC (?) Right near the bell

Round 3: stipe goes for a takedown and they end up in the exact same position as round 2 (francis trapped against the cage kneeling) but ngannou powers up to his feet and pushes stipe away then hits him with a heavy heavy right that makes stipe go for the double Leg and drives him down hard to the mat....Stipe gets in francis half guard and rains down hard rights (legit thought he was close to stopping ngannou here)
But ngannou locks up stipe's arms before could go anything further and they both take a rest before herb called for action right near the bell

Round 4:ngannou pushes stipe into the cage before stipe double legs ngannou into the mat...ngannou attempts a heel hook?...Stipe stands up to get out then he dives right back into franc's guard
now this is where I remember any "laying on Francis" starting as Ngannou tries to get up stipe was content laying over his back for a minute before herb called for action...Stipe obliges and repeatedly hits ngannou in the head and body while ngannou slumps

Round 5: ugly ugly round....Stipe drives ngannou into the cage...stalls enough that herb calls for action...ngannou goes for a lame headlock?...Stipe easily gets out and they mostly circle each other while stipe avoids the few punches ngannou throw...flying knee from ngannou that stipe literally "catches" before he runs ngannou into the cage til the bell

Sorry if there's not an exact continuity to how I'm describing it since I'm just going from memory...but all that shit happened right???? Or am I the crazy one
<{hughesimpress}>

I did. Several times already.
Really impressed.
Masterful performance bell to bell by champion.
What impressed me even more except from what was already said is Stipe takedowns. The variety of them and their timing. Awesome.

wall-of-text-did-not-read.jpg

Watched it the next morning, had it recorded cause it's on at silly o clock over here. Ended up watching a lot of rounds 3,4,5 in x2 and x4 speed. Funny thing is it didn't look like it was being fast forwarded

Just rewatched the fight again.

Masterful performance by Stipe.

Ngassou got exposed badly.
Too much beach muscle not enough brawn and stamina.

I didn't. As soon as the Nigerian blew his load in the opening 2 mins and it became clear that stipes gameplan was to lay n pray his way to a decision I stopped watching

Stipe`s peformance was the best of the night besides DC. How he fought against this animal to neuralize and dominate him was impressive.

I havent but i also havent posted much about it.

Apart from, told you so... Ngannou hype train i did not understand. I would have been much more excited if Derrick Lewis was fighting Stipe. Hes actually got a great scramble and could potentially put up a fight

How about instead of reading your wall of text we actually go back and just watch the fight. It’d take about the same amount of time.

Stipe`s peformance was the best of the night besides DC. How he fought against this animal to neuralize and dominate him was impressive.
Weathering the storm in the 1st was impressive. Everything after that was easy for Stipe. Francis had the energy level of a dead man after that

Watched the entire card from beginning to end, although I did get busy at work for abour 20 minutes during the Villante fight. I saw all of Font, Kattar, DC & the main event though. And yes that's pretty much how it happened.

Last edited:
Many ppl can view the same incident. Even a short one. And, each person have a different story about what they saw. And, that’s completely normal. That’s just the way it is.

I don’t think I’ve seen any true Stipe fans, upset with the fight. I personally, didn’t know that Ngannou had a good chin on him. If he didn’t he would have been KOd in the first round. Just as I predicted.

I learned a few things about Ngannou in that fight. Most of them bad.

A fair amount of ppl on Ngannou’s hype train have seen the truth. They realize they got conned, and have eaten their crow.

And, some on the hype of train have just doubled down by shitting on Stipe’s gameplan. Monumental stupidity, but not everyone can be a man, and admit they were wrong.

But, facts are facts here. Ngannou gassed bad, and got embarrassed for opening his yap. If you’re going to talk the talk. You better walk the walk.

The time of control and strike differential tell the gist of what happened, and what mattered the most. Fuck the rest. It was about a dominant performance as you will ever see. Props to Ngannou for making it to the final horn.

If someone thinks it was boring. Too fuckin bad. I was on the edge of my seat the whole fight.

Back