How many days are you working out and what is your routine?

MMA 3-4x a week, weights 4day split, run 3x a week. 2200 cal diet, no high fructose corn syrup, no sugar, no juice or pops, a lot of water (reverse OSMOSIS), protein shakes (whey Isolate; usually New Zealand brand), 8 hour sleep. I don't use GEAR/PEDs/ROIDS, no pre workout or stimulants outside caffeine/black coffee.

I have heard that it is actually more efficient to not sleep 8 hours straight. But that humans evolved to sleep multiple times a day.

I personally like nothing more than say like 4-5 hours of sleep then a morning workout then taking a nap later in the day for like 1.5 hours. And then another nap.

But hey I realize you can't do that forever what with work

http://www.sciencealert.com/humans-used-to-sleep-in-two-shifts-and-maybe-we-should-start-to-again

"Anthropologists have found evidence that during preindustrial Europe, bi-modal sleeping was considered the norm. Sleep onset was determined not by a set bedtime, but by whether there were things to do.

Historian A. Roger Ekirch’s book At Day’s Close: Night in Times Past describes how households at this time retired a couple of hours after dusk, woke a few hours later for one to two hours, and then had a second sleep until dawn.

During this waking period, people would relax, ponder their dreams, or have sex. Some would engage in activities like sewing, chopping wood, or reading, relying on the light of the moon or oil lamps.

Ekirch found references to the first and second sleep started to disappear during the late 17th century. This is thought to have started in the upper classes in Northern Europe and filtered down to the rest of Western society over the next 200 years."

I have weights at home. I wake up early and do a routine 2 to 3 days a week with my weights. When I get home from work if I have nothing going on I'll do push ups and sit ups while I watch tv. I've been doing the push ups and sit ups for years now and it helps keep me in shape. Any time it's regular tv I do an alternating set on commercials. If it's Netflix or something else I'll do 30 minutes of pushups and 30 minutes of sit ups. Eat whatever I want and profit.

I do 4x a week. Lately cause I was finishing a cut I have just mainly been doing cardio and heavy lifting on key areas I like to target (abs, calves, biceps, shoulders/lats).

When I start my bulk though I will do at 5 days and sometimes 6 days. Hitting each muscle group 2x a week, and hitting abs & calves 3x a week and extremely hard. I had success last time with this 2x a week thing.

I workout 6 days a week. I try to do a little bit at least every day. I alternate days between lifting and cardio(boxing). As far as lifts go, I focus on deadlift, squat, bench, overhead press, and pull up. Probably do pull ups almost everyday. Try to ab workouts everyday as well.

Hopefully being shredded will increase my chances with baristas.

4 days a week consisting of MMA based workout.

I have heard that it is actually more efficient to not sleep 8 hours straight. But that humans evolved to sleep multiple times a day.

Schwarzenegger is my role model/mentor/hero growing up as a kid and I saw his point on 6 hrs of sleep. Kuz, I ain't Arnie. I am not on GEAR. I am training between 16-20 hours a week be it mma/jits/weights/running. I need my sleep and usually, I don't get it but, I am best at 8hrs. Its beater/tight&&&bright music festival season. Guaranteed, I wont be sleeping much then but, my state will suffer as will lifts lol.

I personally like nothing more than say like 4-5 hours of sleep then a morning workout then taking a nap later in the day for like 1.5 hours. And then another nap.

But hey I realize you can't do that forever what with work

How old are you? I am in late 20s. Lack of sleep i feel and I look young for my age. I want to keep it that way. Optimum nutrition, diet, sleep, training, and recovery. Alcohol, drugs, binge partying, and a lack of sleep ages people like chit.

http://www.sciencealert.com/humans-used-to-sleep-in-two-shifts-and-maybe-we-should-start-to-again

"Anthropologists have found evidence that during preindustrial Europe, bi-modal sleeping was considered the norm. Sleep onset was determined not by a set bedtime, but by whether there were things to do.

Historian A. Roger Ekirch’s book At Day’s Close: Night in Times Past describes how households at this time retired a couple of hours after dusk, woke a few hours later for one to two hours, and then had a second sleep until dawn.

During this waking period, people would relax, ponder their dreams, or have sex. Some would engage in activities like sewing, chopping wood, or reading, relying on the light of the moon or oil lamps.

Ekirch found references to the first and second sleep started to disappear during the late 17th century. This is thought to have started in the upper classes in Northern Europe and filtered down to the rest of Western society over the next 200 years."

I don't doubt the science. WE in the west sit way the fuck too much. We are lazy and far from our hunter gatherer tribal nature. We are still tribal. Technology has made us fat and this is coming from a cheeky cunt with a six pack. Still cutting slowly. Seeing more striations and separations in muscles. Feels good man.

Note; all the egg head/scientists can preach all they like. I will listen to bro-science (dudes that lift) > lab geek any day.

Familiar with Jeff Seid?

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

kid has better aesthetics at 16 then grown men on gear.

With that said, I tried 6x a week, 5x etc. The 4day split mostly hypertrophy 8-12 and or Russian style strength training 5x5 ix my thing for weights.

Got that golden ratio but, not to that degree like Seid who is likely on GEAR but the kid wont the genetic lottery. Without GEAR he owns everyone. To the next average guy, adonis rato ftw. You put anybody next to Seid, hell, even Zyzz is owned.

Here's a better question: is hauling lumber, building and climbing walls and rooftops, etc a better workout or is going to the gym and doing reps of weights and treadmill a better workout?

I workout at home every morning for an hour or so, just after i have a coffee and before breakfast. No exact plan, but a mix of pretty much everything...HIIT and LISS cardio, weights, bodyweight stuff, boxing drills, prison workouts, soccer drills, etc

I love making detailed programs, but can never stick to them, so this works best for me. Just do something!

Here's a better question: is hauling lumber, building and climbing walls and rooftops, etc a better workout or is going to the gym and doing reps of weights and treadmill a better workout?
You cannot beat functional strength, but it won't build beach muscles. I used to be pretty jacked, but my dad could outwork me with a chainsaw or putting a roof on the house, and he's half my size...haha.

Who even has time to work out?

As a matter of fact, it's 10:37pm here, it's humid as fuck, and it's still triple digits and I have a crew to run until dawn.

You cannot beat functional strength, but it won't build beach muscles. I used to be pretty jacked, but my dad could outwork me with a chainsaw or putting a roof on the house, and he's half my size...haha.

Exactly. The gym is mostly for looks as far as I can tell.

hour of boxing hour and a half of bjj

lift weights for about 45 minutes ever other day

5 days a week

Schwarzenegger is my role model/mentor/hero growing up as a kid and I saw his point on 6 hrs of sleep. Kuz, I ain't Arnie. I am not on GEAR. I am training between 16-20 hours a week be it mma/jits/weights/running. I need my sleep and usually, I don't get it but, I am best at 8hrs. Its beater/tight&&&bright music festival season. Guaranteed, I wont be sleeping much then but, my state will suffer as will lifts lol.

How old are you? I am in late 20s. Lack of sleep i feel and I look young for my age. I want to keep it that way. Optimum nutrition, diet, sleep, training, and recovery. Alcohol, drugs, binge partying, and a lack of sleep ages people like chit.

I don't doubt the science. WE in the west sit way the fuck too much. We are lazy and far from our hunter gatherer tribal nature. We are still tribal. Technology has made us fat and this is coming from a cheeky cunt with a six pack. Still cutting slowly. Seeing more striations and separations in muscles. Feels good man.

Note; all the egg head/scientists can preach all they like. I will listen to bro-science (dudes that lift) > lab geek any day.

Familiar with Jeff Seid?

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

kid has better aesthetics at 16 then grown men on gear.

With that said, I tried 6x a week, 5x etc. The 4day split mostly hypertrophy 8-12 and or Russian style strength training 5x5 ix my thing for weights.

Got that golden ratio but, not to that degree like Seid who is likely on GEAR but the kid wont the genetic lottery. Without GEAR he owns everyone. To the next average guy, adonis rato ftw. You put anybody next to Seid, hell, even Zyzz is owned.

1) I do trust the science and the geeks though. What we ideally need is a return to many of those primal male elements/lifestyle in a lot of ways the Greeks and Romans and Spartans seemed to have the right idea.

2) Yeah 6x split and 5x split do seem to be 'superior' but many can they be a lot and take a lot of energy. Prime Arnold's routine was insane! But in truth it seems similar to what every other bodybuilder was doing and what they do today. Guys like Phil heath, dorian yates and all the meatheads of today probably have similar crazy programs. Same can be said for strongmen, and powerlifters. Personally I don't got enough time for all of that nor would I want that to be my life. I got too many other interests that make me a well rounded man.

Arnolds-workouts-1.jpg

Still though I aim for a good phyisque. I personally am aiming to be pretty strong for my size (stronger than all my friends) and strong enough so that when I get back into grappling and muay thai I can be stronger/hold my own and be able to manhandle some people. A lot of bjj guys aren't the strongest from my past experience.

In terms of BB, I mostly aim for 4-5 main muscles I care about. They are Abs, Chest, Quads, and Calves are the most aesthetic muscles if you ask me and then arms. If you don't got Abs or a good chest your physique isn't impressive to anyone (low body fat % is necessary) and if you don't have good calves and quads then you got chicken legs and good quads without good calves looks stupid and throws off balance and strength of your legs.

3) I think Jeff Seid is most definitely on the gear. I am no expert on PED's but I think there are so many different types and they are so beneficial as a whole a person has to be crazy to not use them. I personally think that MMA and more athletic organizations should allow more PED's and should regulate a certain range of acceptable tesosterone levels for athletes. And let some of the 'steroids' be legal in moderation. With the amount of injuries and recovery and needed growth athletes have to endure they need a boost.

4) Yeah Jeff's physique owns Zyzz in my opinion. Much better chest, abs, shoulders, traps, quads, calves. I think Seid could bring up his calves some more, maybe forearms, and quads but other than that he is ideal unless you wanted to be as huge as Prime Arnold. I wonder how long he will maintain that physique he is so young and it takes so much (it is his life) that I wonder how much gas he has in the tank to maintain that insane dedication.

Jeff%2BSeid%2Bworkout%2Broutine%2B.jpg

6 days a week, sunday off.
Monday - squat / deadlift
Tuesday - BJJ
Wednesday - BJJ x 2
Thursday - Press / row and BJJ in the evening
Friday - BJJ
Saturday - BJJ

got a busted up shoulder which i'm waiting on surgery for, once that's (hopefully) fixed, i'll swap some BJJ sessions out for boxing.

5x5 3 times a week currently just maintaining what I ate so much in the winter and so little in the spring for.

I train 3x a week and that just depends on what I'm focusing on. Wish I could do more but I work.

I usually lift early in the morning and train in the evening. Yoga on the off days.

6 days a week.

Mon - Fri: UFC training

Sat - Sun: Running

5-6 times a week. Deadlift/squat/press/bench days with accessory lifts. Other days I do mobility work.

Lol @ anyone who incorporates squats or deadlifts into their workout routine. There isnt anything more worthless than those two lifts.

weights 2-3X per week
bjj 2-4X per week
running 1-2X per week
boxing1-2X per week

some overlap on days obviously

Back