How is GSP NOT the GOAT?

Fedor is the best heavyweight of all time I cant deny that

But he is the best fighter in the weakest division in MMA
I disagree, ask Conor how hard it is to beat someone 10 pounds more than you.

That said we can agree to disagree. And I can appreciate your username, Lawler is one of my favorite fighters ever

Losses in his athletic prime
Controversial wins
Fought to win rounds, not finish fights
Didn't fight long enough to go on a losing streak like other greats

He's a great fighter(I have 2 all-time since Andy pissed hot), and no doubt the GOAT WS, but he is not the overall GOAT.

- most ufc wins
- toughest division
- most consecutive rounds won
- no unavenged losses, he's beat everyone he's faced
- retired as champ
- never had a losing streak(Anderson/Fedor)
- defeated all time greats like Hughes and Penn
- not many finishes but completely outclassed top level competition
- NATTY AF

Only argument can be made for Jon Jones.
GSP is the greatest athlete to ever compete in MMA / UFC thus far but for me he just doesn't have that killer instinct. I love GSP but the best way I could describe it is he is the greatest athlete as I said but not the greatest fighter. There is a big difference
My top 5
Fedor
Jon Jones ( assuming no steroids)
Anderson
GSP
Chuck

Former heavyweight champs who have a history of being all bums

Heavyweight is historically the weakest weight class in MMA

So excuse me while I don't get impressed
If you want to insult Fedor's championship caliber opponents, you may want to look at the records of Fitch, Koscheck, Trigg, Sherk, Serra, and Hardy sometime.
'Cause if Sylvia, Arlovski, and Nogueira beat nobodies, those WW dudes really beat a shit load of nobodies.

Perhaps if his name were Billy, he had antlers, or a gruffy voice. Maybe. It is what it is tho...

WW might be one of the deepest divisions now, but you might not remember when Mike Quick Swick became top 5 overnight simply because he knocked out Alex Schoenauer and Gideon Ray in a couple seconds.

Wasn't that at middleweight?

Former heavyweight champs who have a history of being all bums

Heavyweight is historically the weakest weight class in MMA

So excuse me while I don't get impressed
Historically? When HW had Fedor, Nog, CC, Arlovski, Randy, Barnett, Mir, Sergei, Sylvia, etc., WW had Hughes, Penn, Trigg, Sherk, a young GSP, and a few others. HW being shallow is a recent occurrence in mma. Hell, even back in 2011, you had two perfectly serviceable HW divisions in UFC Zane Strikeforce.

- most ufc wins
- toughest division
- retired as champ
- NATTY AF

plus
12 UFC title-summary (most, ever).
Many records in his resume.
True professional and complete artist.
The best wrestler in MMA.
Literally beat everyone he fought in dominant fashion.

WW might be one of the deepest divisions now, but you might not remember when Mike Quick Swick became top 5 overnight simply because he knocked out Alex Schoenauer and Gideon Ray in a couple seconds.
Swick was a middleweight at the time. Burkman was his welterweight debut.

What made guys like Koscheck and Fitch legit, other than there being absolutely nobody else in the division during that time period?
Neither fighter beat anybody before GSP fought them, and only Fitch has any wins of note at all (but very few).

WW was purely a UFC only division, and honestly, it wasn't very good for the longest time.

just lol.

The whole thing is debatable. You could make the argument that Silva and Jones actually finished fights while GSP was a decision machine. More finishes against top competition = more dominance.

JJ's finishes were against MW's.

Machida, Vitor, Shogun, Chael are all MW's who never cut much weight.
Hell there not even big MW's.

How many of GSP wins were against guys who later dropped weight classes?? I think Dan Hardy might come back at 155, but besides that not 1.

Now JJ's current record vs real LHW's are all decisions.

LMAO "Most rounds wons" like that is some kinda of amazing record. Do i really need to put here the list of UFC Records? Because there is one man who just dominates that list. The problem for George is that he fought in the era as Anderson, Anderson took pretty much all records.

- most ufc wins
- toughest division
- retired as champ
- NATTY AF

Why do GSP fans need everyone else to think he is the best? He is one of only 3 or 4 people in history of MMA that could even be considered for that title. And no one argues that point.

The exact subjective points that may make him the best are different in everyone's mind. Count yourself lucky that you were able to watch the man compete. And rest easy that he will be in any conversation regarding the greatest fighters of all time.

JJ's finishes were against MW's.

Machida, Vitor, Shogun, Chael are all MW's who never cut much weight.
Hell there not even big MW's.

How many of GSP wins were against guys who later dropped weight classes?? I think Dan Hardy might come back at 155, but besides that not 1.

Now JJ's current record vs real LHW's are all decisions.

Shut the fuck up with all that bullshit nonsense, you make 205 you are a damn LHW. Let me put in this way, which favorite fighter of yours did Jones destroyed? You haters are hilarious.

LMAO "Most rounds wons" like that is some kinda of amazing record. Do i really need to put here the list of UFC Records? Because there is one man who just dominates that list. The problem for George is that he fought in the era as Anderson, Anderson took pretty much all records.
Please list them oh enlightened one. I am interested.

GSP is a brilliant fighter, and a smart one. But

Fedor fought 5 ufc champs. Pride Champ, 2 pride grand prix winners, and a ufc tournament winner WITHOUT LOSING A ROUND. That's 9 fights with champions without losing a round. He also beat 8 of the top ten and finished 24 fights during that time. Pretty sure the fedor fought cans thing has been negated for awhile now.

Also prime Fedor would mop the floor with prime GSP

He fought a shit ton of washed up former champs, great! But obviously they were on the downhill because GSP has triple the number of top 5 wins that Fedor has.

Beating number 1 contenders in their prime is much more impressive than beating guys that were champions years ago and who are obviously on the decline. And how can GSP have beaten former champs when the only ones active when during his career were Hughes and Serra (whom he beat both)?

Back