How is GSP NOT the GOAT?

name a title contender that wasn't legit that GSP dominated

other than Hardy
What made guys like Koscheck and Fitch legit, other than there being absolutely nobody else in the division during that time period?
Neither fighter beat anybody before GSP fought them, and only Fitch has any wins of note at all (but very few).

WW was purely a UFC only division, and honestly, it wasn't very good for the longest time.

Bailed after he was gifted a bullshit decision.
Bailed once new, stricter, PED testing was announced.
Never tried to finish a fight after getting ko'd be Serra.
Definitely not a GOAT contender. Too many asterix's.

GSP was the most outspoken fighter at the time for stricter testing. Some fight to finish, some fight smart... this is why GSP is in the running for GOAT in the first place. It takes all kinds...

Perhaps if 70% Johny learned how to be a dedicated fighter the result might have been different. No one to blame but himself.

GSP was the most outspoken fighter at the time for stricter testing. Some fight to finish, some fight smart... this is why GSP is in the running for GOAT in the first place. It takes all kinds...

Perhaps if 70% Johny learned how to be a dedicated fighter the result might have been different. No one to blame but himself.

He talked about stricter testing..... Then retired when stricter testing was announced....

BZQHqCFCcAAjugw.png

It's too bad the media scores mean nothing.

What made guys like Koscheck and Fitch legit, other than there being absolutely nobody else in the division during that time period?
Neither fighter beat anybody before GSP fought them.

WW was purely a UFC only division, and honestly, it wasn't very good for the longest time.

Jon Fitch was on a 16 fight win streak before gsp wrecked him

Sherdog logic -
1) Fighter does not finish all fights via KO therefore they are boring
2) Fighter wins a narrow decision therefore they lost
3) Fighters opponents lose a few fights later in their career - they were always cans

He talked about stricter testing..... Then retired when stricter testing was announced....

No, GSP took a break before more stringent testing was adopted.

I wonder why Johny refused the stricter testing when it wouldn't have cost him anything?

GSP most top 5 wins by a large margin

Everything people will bring up is only opinion and bias

Facts prove GSP is the goat

Go ahead and cry about it if you want

Strength of schedule and title defenses are huge factors. But method of victory is also important.

GSP fought the best but he fought safe. I would view him differently if that was not the case.

As it stands:

Silva
GSP
Jones
Fedor
Aldo

Lol GSP got KO'd by a LW. And that was before he dominated for 10 years. Get a life kiddo. GSP is fantastic but he's no fedor

You're right. GSP didn't have the luxury of cherry picking cans to fight.

Edit - Serra was a WW at the time, and it wasn't a KO. Keep trying though.

I don't believe that there is any outright goat... There's a few fighters with claim to that throne but all have had their weaknesses too. GSP, Fedor and Anderson are the greatest fighters we have seen. Jones maybe is with them as well. In 10 years time... I doubt we'll be discussing any of them as the GOAT

You're right. GSP didn't have the luxury of cherry picking cans to fight.
GSP is a brilliant fighter, and a smart one. But

Fedor fought 5 ufc champs. Pride Champ, 2 pride grand prix winners, and a ufc tournament winner WITHOUT LOSING A ROUND. That's 9 fights with champions without losing a round. He also beat 8 of the top ten and finished 24 fights during that time. Pretty sure the fedor fought cans thing has been negated for awhile now.

Also prime Fedor would mop the floor with prime GSP

GSP is a brilliant fighter, and a smart one. But

Fedor fought 5 ufc champs. Pride Champ, 2 pride grand prix winners, and a ufc tournament winner WITHOUT LOSING A ROUND. That's 9 fights with champions without losing a round. He also beat 8 of the top ten and finished 24 fights during that time. Pretty sure the fedor fought cans thing has been negated for awhile now.

Former heavyweight champs who have a history of being all bums

Heavyweight is historically the weakest weight class in MMA

So excuse me while I don't get impressed

Former heavyweight champs who have a history of being all bums

Heavyweight is historically the weakest weight class in MMA

So excuse me while I don't get impressed
HW is also the hardest division to win consistently... imagine that

Back