How hard would the best shot putters hit if they learnt boxing technique?

The real answer is that they're the best squatters in the world due to their short femurs. look at the current world olympic weightlifting records, and you will find that china along with other asiain countries holds quite a bit of world records at this point in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting#Current_records

lu-xiaojun-176-snatch.jpg

But then as you get to higher weight classes, they drop off.

lousy they dont use hip rotation

Tennis players use hip rotation. If you ever saw someone who plays tennis try to box you will see how he most likely gets rear hand punching down right away and has good eight and power transfer. His rear hand will be miles ahead of beginenrs who never played tennis.
Only his lead hand will be just as underdeveloped as a normal beginner's

There is some truth to this to an extent. My wife played tennis, made it to a D1 college under a scholarship. I was shocked at how much power she had in her punch when I was teaching her some boxing. I have worked with plenty of women doing boxing on the mitts and light sparring (well light for me, I tell them to go as hard as they can) and I assume she got some of the power from her tennis swings because her punches were way harder and she knew how to put her hips into it naturally.

I can name a bunch of powerful punchers who wouldn't be considered black.

I reckon they have an inferior kinetic chain compared to a bowler, and a worse shovel hook than a baseball player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back