How hard would the best shot putters hit if they learnt boxing technique?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
zvAlL20-K4w

The shot put technique is VERY close to boxing punch mechanics, both use weight transfer, hip rotation, leg drive the main difference is a shot put guy takes a run up or does a few spins first to build momentum.

None the less like in boxing its the leg and hip torque that provide most of the power.

Here are some of the best punchers in boxing history as a comparison

Would the shot putters rival the best punchers for power if they learn how to punch properly?

Would the boxers rival the best throwers if they learn how to shot put properly?

Why or why not?

Unlike in boxing white guys can use all their intermediate twitch muscle fibers to convert into strength and power, in boxing they have to cross train in endurance which reduces power alot, (if you train endurance and power the body prioritize endurance gains over strength and change accordingly) unless you have fast twitch type 2 a muscle fibers like west Africans have and they are always explosive but cant convert into endurance, even if they do alot of slow endurance running.

Notice how the shot put guys are nearly all white, notice how most top punchers are mostly black or west african. Unless its all cultural and black athletes dont take up shot put for whatever reason I think im onto something. Black athletes tended to dominate whatever sports they were best at right away as soon as they started to compete and never dominated the ones they wernt good at so I reckon I am onto something.

It also allows the strength advantage of Caucasians to transfer into power because the leg strength isnt ruined by endurance running

Last edited:
Slightly on topic/tangent--

Kids who were former baseball pitchers always seem to have a nasty, naturally powerful straight right (or whichever hand they used to pitch with). I don't think this is a coincidence-- both motions are very similar and they've trained their kinetic chain, legs, spine and all while growing up so it makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Slightly on topic/tangent--

Kids who were former baseball pitchers always seem to have a nasty naturally powerful straight right (or whichever hand they used to pitch with). I don't think this is a coincidence-- both motions are very similar and they've trained their kinetic chain, legs, spine and all while growing up so it makes sense to me.

Absolutely its super close technique wise, and the baseball guy basically put 100% of his reps into just 1 side lol so its going to be extra potent

How hard would the best sprint cyclists kick if they learned TKD?

quads-dana-996.jpg

Unlike in boxing white guys can use all their intermediate twitch muscle fibers to convert into strength and power, in boxing they have to cross train in endurance which reduces power alot, (if you train endurance and power the body prioritize endurance gains over strength and change accordingly) unless you have fast twitch type 2 a muscle fibers like west Africans have and they are always explosive but cant convert into endurance, even if they do alot of slow endurance running.

Notice how the shot put guys are nearly all white, notice how most top punchers are mostly black or west african. Unless its all cultural and black athletes dont take up shot put for whatever reason I think im onto something. Black athletes tended to dominate whatever sports they were best at right away as soon as they started to compete and never dominated the ones they wernt good at so I reckon I am onto something.

It also allows the strength advantage of Caucasians to transfer into power because the leg strength isnt ruined by endurance running

What about east asians what do they have going for themselves besides brain power and overachieving.

is that real? the guys legs in particular look fake

It's real. If you Google 'sprint cyclists' you'll see tons of guys like that. Most are on steroids, it's a drug ridden sport, but they're real enough in the physical sense.

What about east asians what do they have going for themselves besides brain power and overachieving.

Most Asian fighters seem to be tough as hell, and have crazy power. And many just seem crazy, they just come forward.

well already 2 awesome assets, athletically they are the best at balance so gymnastics is perfect for asians, they are also very strong just not as strong as white people, so p4p they lift really well, lastly they have the biggest calve to body ratio

they'd probably have beastly tornado kicks. i bet an elite shot putter could break at least two wooden boards in one kick

The real answer is that they're the best squatters in the world due to their short femurs. look at the current world olympic weightlifting records, and you will find that china along with other asiain countries holds quite a bit of world records at this point in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_records_in_Olympic_weightlifting#Current_records

lu-xiaojun-176-snatch.jpg

Back