How does last night effect wilder?

RDL81

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am wondering how last night will effect wilder going forward I guess a couple of key points

1-He was relatively outboxed and missed a lot. He got caught a fair few times luckily fury had no power. What will happen against bigger punchers

2-He saw someone beat a count after he landed two bombs clean. The change in his face from thinking he got the ko to seeing fury beat the count was massive. It definitely effected him rest of the round. He (and the rest of us) always thought he could ko a anyone if he landed clean we now know that’s not true.

What you all think

Fury is the better fighter, Wilder is the better puncher.

If Fury wasn’t so pillow fisted, he could have knocked out Wilder. He landed some good shots that a harder hitter could have finished someone with

I think it hurts his stock in terms of what his abilities are but ups him as a draw cause the fight was awesome, the decision was terrible though. They will likely have a rematch, if the judges didn't score the fight wrong they would be having a rematch due to a rematch clause with Fury winning, not sure what a draw means in terms of if a rematch is mandatory or not.

Fighters will do what they have to do to avoid his right hand and make it to the score cards.

I think they'll be fearful of engaging but will realize he has deficiencies in terms of his technique. They will use this as their key to victory.

I always wondered how Wlad would have done a 2nd time against Fury...Fury does some things that I think after you have seen them for 12 rounds would not be as effective in a rematch. It is hard to cope with a giant boxer the first time around...but I was one of those people who was certain Wlad would have sparked him in a rematch because of the experience in the first match. It will be interesting to see if WIlder can find him easier in a 2nd match or if Fury will be forced to brawl more and leave himself open if he does.

It doesn’t effect him at all...

How come u could see he was rattled he couldn’t ko him. You don’t think he will work on other weaknesses and no just rely on the bombs? Could make him a better fighter

I always wondered how Wlad would have done a 2nd time against Fury...Fury does some things that I think after you have seen them for 12 rounds would not be as effective in a rematch. It is hard to cope with a giant boxer the first time around...but I was one of those people who was certain Wlad would have sparked him in a rematch because of the experience in the first match. It will be interesting to see if WIlder can find him easier in a 2nd match or if Fury will be forced to brawl more and leave himself open if he does.

Fury fought Wlad totally differently then he fought Wilder though, Fury seems to be the most technical boxer at HW by a long shot.

Also there is no way in a million years wilder will be fighting AJ in the USA after that!

I thought fury did well in the brawls and wilder didn’t reallt like it shame fury had no power too really bother wilder

I thought fury did well in the brawls and wilder didn’t reallt like it shame fury had no power too really bother wilder

He doesn't have much power and doesn't seem to put much on his punches but he did stun Wilder in round 12 like 30 seconds after he got back up with a right cross left hook combo that had Wilder backing up.

He doesn't have much power and doesn't seem to put much on his punches but he did stun Wilder in round 12 like 30 seconds after he got back up with a right cross left hook combo that had Wilder backing up.

Fury has never been a power puncher, wilder would have been in much more trouble if he was

Fury pulled a miracle that night against Wlad. 9 out of 10 I'd still pick a old Wlad over him but if it's Deontay, rematches favor the boxer. Deontay will get schooled even harder.

No top ranked foreign HW will want to go to America to fight him after that, and hes not going to go to them either. Fury rematch probably wont happen anytime soon because of that. He will be fighting fringe foreigners or other Americans who will be chomping at the bit to make a name off of him now.

Fury fought Wlad totally differently then he fought Wilder though, Fury seems to be the most technical boxer at HW by a long shot.

I can't see Joshua standing and trading with Wilder like Fury did

His skill and defense is the only reason he was able to survive in those exchanges and come out on top

If that was Joshua, he would have been down pretty early. He isn't on the same level as Fury defense wise

Im gonna go ahead and say that Joshua beats both.
Hits hard and has good technical skills.

I can't see Joshua standing and trading with Wilder like Fury did

His skill and defense is the only reason he was able to survive in those exchanges and come out on top

If that was Joshua, he would have been down pretty early. He isn't on the same level as Fury defense wise

I don't know what you mean by your first statement, it's boxing, he doesn't really have any other choice. Fury has better defense than Joshua and his footwork is much better, he's also taller and I think he's got a longer reach. Joshua has more power than Fury but technically he's not as good IMO. Joshua would have a better change of finishing Wilder but I don't think he can outbox him for as many rounds.

His stock has risen a little. But the story is all about fury. Furys stock has risen a ridiculous amount.

Biggest fight to make right now is a toss up. I think people want a rematch it's the only fight imo Deontay can take though. People don't belive he won. In fact the vast majority think fury did so that dents his credibility. Forcing him into a rematch.

Fury could easily go fight AJ and it would be absolutely massive in the uk.

I don't know what you mean by your first statement, it's boxing, he doesn't really have any other choice. Fury has better defense than Joshua and his footwork is much better, he's also taller and I think he's got a longer reach. Joshua has more power than Fury but technically he's not as good IMO. Joshua would have a better change of finishing Wilder but I don't think he can outbox him for as many rounds.

I guess what I meant is I can't see him being as safe in those same situations Fury was in.

I think it was round 8 where Wilder had Fury up against the ropes and he was sort of trapped. Still though, Fury was able to slip and slide and dodge every single shot. If that was Joshua, I can't see him slipping those punches. I think he'd get caught.

And yeah, Joshua would have to finish Wilder pretty early if he wanted the win

His stock has risen a little. But the story is all about fury. Furys stock has risen a ridiculous amount.

This, Fury looks like a hero, while Wilder was outboxed by someone who had fought 2 journeymen on his comback, battled mental health and substance abuse addictions, and he managed to survive Wilders biggest shots.

I would not be surprised if Fury didnt fight again, he has overcome his demons and doesnt really need to fight again after that.

Back