How does last night effect wilder?

Thats 2 fights in a row that he's looked bad. Stock is down imo.

This, Fury looks like a hero, while Wilder was outboxed by someone who had fought 2 journeymen on his comback, battled mental health and substance abuse addictions, and he managed to survive Wilders biggest shots.

I would not be surprised if Fury didnt fight again, he has overcome his demons and doesnt really need to fight again after that.
Fury is gonna get a heroes welcome. It's a real rocky story.

I can't see Joshua standing and trading with Wilder like Fury did

His skill and defense is the only reason he was able to survive in those exchanges and come out on top

If that was Joshua, he would have been down pretty early. He isn't on the same level as Fury defense wise
Both of them have things that AJ lacks, they have better jabs, are more mobile and have better cardio.
Wilder has more one punch ko power, AJ has more concussive power and is the best combination puncher when it comes to powershots in the hw division, his strength is being on the offensive.
Wilder could outjab him and try to steal rounds from him and always has the one punch ko poer to hurt him and Fury is really akward and mobile, that would be a hard fight for him and usually Fury only gets caught with a single big shot and goes down, AJ overpowers people with his power punch combinations.
He'd struggle with both of them and if he comes in too big and starts gassing angainst one of those 2 he's pretty much screwed.

Both of them have things that AJ lacks, they have better jabs, are more mobile and have better cardio.
Wilder has more one punch ko power, AJ has more concussive power and is the best combination puncher when it comes to powershots in the hw division, his strength is being on the offensive.
Wilder could outjab him and try to steal rounds from him and always has the one punch ko poer to hurt him and Fury is really akward and mobile, that would be a hard fight for him and usually Fury only gets caught with a single big shot and goes down, AJ overpowers people with his power punch combinations.
He'd struggle with both of them and if he comes in too big and starts gassing angainst one of those 2 he's pretty much screwed.
Wilder's jab was trash last night

Agreed

That's why last night was so good. In my eyes those were the two best HW's on the planet fighting

I believe Fury vs AJ would look like Fury vs Wlad and Wilder vs AJ could look like Wlad vs AJ without AJ getting up after the knockdown

I am wondering how last night will effect wilder going forward I guess a couple of key points

1-He was relatively outboxed and missed a lot. He got caught a fair few times luckily fury had no power. What will happen against bigger punchers

2-He saw someone beat a count after he landed two bombs clean. The change in his face from thinking he got the ko to seeing fury beat the count was massive. It definitely effected him rest of the round. He (and the rest of us) always thought he could ko a anyone if he landed clean we now know that’s not true.

What you all think
It should be good for him in the long run. He should be able to watch tape and see where to improve.

I can't see Joshua standing and trading with Wilder like Fury did

His skill and defense is the only reason he was able to survive in those exchanges and come out on top

If that was Joshua, he would have been down pretty early. He isn't on the same level as Fury defense wise
Joshua also punches just as hard as Wilder. There is no telling who would come off better in an exchange. Wilder wasn't exactly hard to hit and AJ is the better technical boxer.

Wilder's jab was trash last night

Was it? No one thought of him as having much of a jab and he did outjab Fury for periods of the fight. He's certainly no Larry Holmes, but his jab was a factor against a guy that most expected to be clearly his superior from the outside.

Wilder was made to look bad. He was just shown to be a one-dimensional puncher without any boxing ability. Take away his right hand and he is nothing. But as was shown last night even someone with Tyson's boxing ability still got caught. It just reinforced my thoughts that he's a crude slugger with KO power.

Agreed

That's why last night was so good. In my eyes those were the two best HW's on the planet fighting

I believe Fury vs AJ would look like Fury vs Wlad and Wilder vs AJ could look like Wlad vs AJ without AJ getting up after the knockdown

The guy with the 3 belts, who’s been taking all comers, is rightly considered the best HW by almost everyone, until one of those 2 beat him

I think he’s in a weaker bargaining position than he was before the fight. His intention was to solidify a claim to being the A-side against Joshua and he failed badly. At this stage In his career - 34 yo and 41 fights in - I don’t see him improving much either. If he can’t get a big money rematch with Fury to cash out with, he should fight Ortiz and Parker (if Parker can get a win next time out). Those aren’t the paydays he wants, but 2-3 million per fight is nothing to sneeze at

Was it? No one thought of him as having much of a jab and he did outjab Fury for periods of the fight. He's certainly no Larry Holmes, but his jab was a factor against a guy that most expected to be clearly his superior from the outside.
That inaccurate jab that never had anything else behind it wasn't stifling Fury.
His jab to the body was decent though.
Also Fury was clearly superior from the outside.

Wilder was made to look bad. He was just shown to be a one-dimensional puncher without any boxing ability. Take away his right hand and he is nothing. But as was shown last night even someone with Tyson's boxing ability still got caught. It just reinforced my thoughts that he's a crude slugger with KO power.

KO power that couldn’t KO fury though

What will happen against bigger punchers

Like Luis Ortiz? They get KO'd

He (and the rest of us) always thought he could ko a anyone if he landed clean we now know that’s not true.

He actually did KO Fury. Fury regained consciousness to beat the count but he was KO'd momentarily.

I am wondering how last night will effect wilder going forward

He will go foward with the same confidence of knowing that he can knock anybody out that he's always had.

Wilder will be fine. Part of me thought after controlling the fight like he did, Fury going down might be good for the sport. He had won a large portion of the fight, and could blame the layoff for getting KOd. Wilder and Joshua could a had a superfight and everyone would have had a moral victory leading to that. Yeah, sucks... kinda leaves questions still to be asked having a draw be the result, but what a great fight for boxing.

Just got to my 2nd job, and a casual was just telling me it was the best fight he'd ever seen.

Thats 2 fights in a row that he's looked bad. Stock is down imo.

He fought his two toughest opponents by a mile and is still undefeated. The guy is limited, but he gets the job done.

Like Luis Ortiz? They get KO'd

He actually did KO Fury. Fury regained consciousness to beat the count but he was KO'd momentarily.

He will go foward with the same confidence of knowing that he can knock anybody out that he's always had.

He didn't KO fury he knocked him down. If your KO'd you don't come round in 5 sec and get up with no wobble not from a KO.

Well lets see what wilder does next then......

This, Fury looks like a hero, while Wilder was outboxed by someone who had fought 2 journeymen on his comback, battled mental health and substance abuse addictions, and he managed to survive Wilders biggest shots.

I would not be surprised if Fury didnt fight again, he has overcome his demons and doesnt really need to fight again after that.
I somewhat agree with the not fighting again thing, but I still firmly believe that Fury wants that mythical fight with Joshua before he quits. Plus now probably the rematch with Wilder.

I think in Fury's ideal world he will win the Wilder rematch and then fight Joshua on UK soil. Whether or not it will play out like that is entirely anybody's guess.

Last edited:
Back