How does last night effect wilder?

I guess what I meant is I can't see him being as safe in those same situations Fury was in.

I think it was round 8 where Wilder had Fury up against the ropes and he was sort of trapped. Still though, Fury was able to slip and slide and dodge every single shot. If that was Joshua, I can't see him slipping those punches. I think he'd get caught.

And yeah, Joshua would have to finish Wilder pretty early if he wanted the win

I posted something similar in another thread.

I agree that Joshua's best hope is to hurt Wilder early and get him out of there. If he doesn't? Then I see wilder coming on strong late and finishing him. AJ got up vs Wlad, but in later rounds, I doubt he would have the same heart as Fury to climb off the canvas.

As much as I want Fury to fight Wilder next and get the win he already earned, the Wilder v AJ fight intriuges me.

AJ is the money man in the UK, but Fury is the real champion.

AJ is the money man in the UK, but Fury is the real champion
I think you're probably right, and if you weren't on Friday then you are today.

Fury always had a number of detractors due to some of his previous rants, plus Joshua is a specimen so was always the golden boy of UK boxing. The tides are changing now though, and with Fury's performance on Saturday night, along with his somewhat miraculous comeback, and then his [still to be confirmed] purse donation, he has swiftly become 'the people's champion'. Funny that he's managed such a huge about-turn without even having to face AJ yet.

I hope he continues with his current momentum, fair play to him. I suspect that Joshua now sees what a credible threat to him he is, if he didn't previously.

I think you're probably right, and if you weren't on Friday then you are today.

Fury always had a number of detractors due to some of his previous rants, plus Joshua is a specimen so was always the golden boy of UK boxing. The tides are changing now though, and with Fury's performance on Saturday night, along with his somewhat miraculous comeback, and then his [still to be confirmed] purse donation, he has swiftly become 'the people's champion'. Funny that he's managed such a huge about-turn without even having to face AJ yet.

I hope he continues with his current momentum, fair play to him. I suspect that Joshua now sees what a credible threat to him he is, if he didn't previously.

Joshua in a way was the biggest loser of Saturday night. He was hoping Wilder wins by devasting knock out and it would set up a mega unification at Wembley in April time.

However, with both these guys putting on a good show and likely to have a mega rematch, I don't think Joshua is the A side anymore. He isn't the B side either, but the winner of Fury/Wilder 2 will demand an equal share of the pie and are likely to get it.

Joshua in a way was the biggest loser of Saturday night. He was hoping Wilder wins by devasting knock out and it would set up a mega unification at Wembley in April time.

However, with both these guys putting on a good show and likely to have a mega rematch, I don't think Joshua is the A side anymore. He isn't the B side either, but the winner of Fury/Wilder 2 will demand an equal share of the pie and are likely to get it.
I guess AJ will have his chance to see that happen once again. How soon do you think they (Fury/Wilder) rematch in this case? I would imagine they'd both want it as soon as feasible in terms of recovery and training.

I guess AJ will have his chance to see that happen once again. How soon do you think they (Fury/Wilder) rematch in this case? I would imagine they'd both want it as soon as feasible in terms of recovery and training.

I think the rematch will be in April/May next year. No matter how the ppv done for this fight, the rematch will be MUCH bigger.

I expect Vegas will throw millions at it to have it at the T Mobile arena.

Provide Aj stays unbeaten, how big would a Fury/Wilder fight be then??
I would imagine they'd be approaching Mayweather levels of PPV sales if it ended up as a Wilder/Joshua fight.

Huge unification and a proper country vs country boxing war for overall supremacy? Some serious money would change hands.

I would imagine they'd be approaching Mayweather levels of PPV sales if it ended up as a Wilder/Joshua fight.

Huge unification and a proper country vs country boxing war for overall supremacy? Some serious money would chances hands.

Not may v Pac levels, but it could be knocking on the door of 1.5-2m ppv buys.

Massive fight!

You must not know Anthony Joshua

I know who he is but he's slower than Fury, his footwork isn't as good and his defense isn't as good, he's a better athlete and hits harder than Fury but he's not more technical than him.

I know who he is but he's slower than Fury, his footwork isn't as good and his defense isn't as good, he's a better athlete and hits harder than Fury but he's not more technical than him.
I disagree, he is certainly as technical imo. Furys defence is better though.

I disagree, he is certainly as technical imo. Furys defence is better though.

I think they are the two most technical HWs in boxing but I give the edge to Fury due to having better defense and footwork.

I think they are the two most technical HWs in boxing but I give the edge to Fury due to having better defense and footwork.
A fair and valid point. I give joshua the nod as he has great technique in a variety of strikes unlike fury who mostly uses the jab or straight down the pipe

KO power that couldn’t KO fury though
Come off it Fury was completely flatlined after that 2 punch combo in the last round. How he got up is more testament to his amazing powers of recovery as opposed to any lack of power on Wilders part. Fury barely beat the count. Those were heavy shots.

Come off it Fury was completely flatlined after that 2 punch combo in the last round. How he got up is more testament to his amazing powers of recovery as opposed to any lack of power on Wilders part. Fury barely beat the count. Those were heavy shots.
My view is if he is the heaviest hitter in the world his shots should be able to keep someone down for 10sec, in the 12th round, in their first proper fight in 3 years. And then when they get up land another two shots that don't put them down

Until I see him KO some other Top heavyweights I am not convinced his punches although look amazing have that snap to KO the high level heavyweights, I am not sure their technique lands itself to that. Its just a thought. Before sat I thought he was I real one of a kind KO king but now I am not so sure.

My view is if he is the heaviest hitter in the world his shots should be able to keep someone down for 10sec, in the 12th round, in their first proper fight in 3 years. And then when they get up land another two shots that don't put them down

Until I see him KO some other Top heavyweights I am not convinced his punches although look amazing have that snap to KO the high level heavyweights, I am not sure their technique lands itself to that. Its just a thought. Before sat I thought he was I real one of a kind KO king but now I am not so sure.
You are basically not giving credit for how hard Wilder hits because you are not giving credit to Fury for how good his recovery is. You are shitting on both of them with your opinion, which I hasten to add no one agrees with. Not one person agrees with you. Take a moment to think on that.

The guys a weirdo anyway, remember that Interview with Radio raheem? Lol... He's the Tony Furgeson of boxing.

But I doubt he would hit that hard if he was normal. Guess you got to have a few screws loose to hit another human like that and not mind at all.

That's why he beat up Charlie Zellenoff... Two retards crossed paths.

1-He was relatively outboxed and missed a lot.

Relatively outboxed?

lol, Wilder was taken to boxing school.

I would love to see Wilder's sloppy power against AJ's glass jaw / power boxing skills.

I don't think Joshua was the biggest loser after Saturday. My reasoning is this, most people think that Wilder lost, so Wilder can't argue for such a high percentage of the takings. BUT importantly Wilder still has the WBC belt that AJ really wants. So Wilder has less bargaining power but still holds the belt for AJ to take. Also it will cement in Hearn and AJ's mind that they won't let the fight happen in the US because of the dodgy refereeing.

Back