How does Khabib become the GOAT?

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How does Khabib become the GOAT in your opinion?

Me personally, I think when he beats Ferg, and becomes Champ, he needs to defend at least 3-4 times, then go up in weight, and fight Woodley if he's still champ, an defend a few times there.

Discuss.

Only a HW or LHW can be GOAT.

The rest are a bunch of starving, dehydrating cowards.

Has a 5-10 year title reign with multiple defenses. If he’s able to accomplish that he’ll be one of the greatest lightweight champions ever and that’s about it.

Defeat Tony. Then clean out 155. Move up to 170, take the title...and take out an 85er or two for good measure... if he does all of that while remaining undefeated...he makes a great case.

If he defeats Tony and is able to break the number of defenses at LW (3) he will be the LW GOAT. Same applies with Tony.

How does Khabib become the GOAT in your opinion?

Me personally, I think when he beats Ferg, and becomes Champ, he needs to defend at least 3-4 times, then go up in weight, and fight Woodley if he's still champ, an defend a few times there.

Discuss.
You're thinking way too far ahead.

Pointless thread.

This guy gets it, I can’t consider someone the greatest unless they’re beating grown men.

Defeats Ferguson and goes on a tear like no LW has teared before ...... a tear so great Kevin Nash shits his pants.

Retire twice as a champ like GSP ?

Or Challenge GSP at 155lbs after Ferg.

Didn't Khabib's dad say he was planning to retire in 2018? Obviously he isn't but when your name and retirement is even in the same discussion it's safe to assume you won't be fighting THAT much longer, so I don't see Khabib sticking around to defend the title too many times.

I think he retires undefeated with a few title defenses under his name and possibly returns for a super fight like GSP.

Level of competition matters and number of title defenses as well. I think its too late for Khabib to become GOAT unless you assume he is going to go about 35-0.

This guy gets it, I can’t consider someone the greatest unless they’re beating grown men.
Yea, so Lightweights, welterweights and middleweights aren't grown men?

Only heavyweights and LHWs?

Lol fuck outta here

he wasted too much time racking up that fake resume.

he should have started fighting real competition a long long time ago.

being all islamic and shit he may like goats? <45>

Yea, so Lightweights, welterweights and middleweights aren't grown men?

Only heavyweights and LHWs?

Lol fuck outta here

Can someone fill this a guy a big glass of white belt? I wasted all my juice on his sister.

If he beats Conor (spoiler: he won't), I'll consider him the GOAT.

You be the GOAT, you have to beat the GOAT.

Keep winning keep grinding grown men out...

giphy.gif

Win and defend the belt 3 or 4 times which probably takes 10 years.

Being undefeated helps a lot, but right now he only has like 5 notable wins.

To be GLWOAT, a win over Ferguson and 3-4 notable wins will do it.

To be absolute GOAT, he has to get into the same realm as GSP, Fedor, and Silva. Which means like 8-12(depending on how dominant, how elite the fighters are, and if he remains undefeated) more notable wins.

At least, that's how I see it.

Back