How does Khabib become the GOAT?

How does Khabib become the GOAT in your opinion?

Me personally, I think when he beats Ferg, and becomes Champ, he needs to defend at least 3-4 times, then go up in weight, and fight Woodley if he's still champ, an defend a few times there.

Discuss.

By fighting PROLIFICALLY... he needs to fight a lot

By winning PROLIFICALLY This part he seems to have down pretty well.

He is awesome and so far proven to be unbeatable... But he needs to fight a lot more... Now is his prime years and I really hope he can get and stay healthy... If that means going up to 170 than just do it and be the best in that division... He may just be good enough to do it.

I dont think Khabib's style will translate at a higher weight. He cant ragdoll Woodley and the like,I dont see it. He's where he has to be. If he beats Tony,Conor,Lee and those guys,I mean goddamn,thats fucking impressive. By the time he would do that,the landscape of his div could be completley different and all different manner of savage climbing the ranks. So theres no way to answer this question yet.

Easy. Beat everyone. Don’t do steroids.

The timing of this discussion is off. This debate should be held IF he gets past Tony. Have you seen Tony's YouTube training videos? Jumpin' Jeepers that guy is one helluva athlete. But, Khabib is equally remarkable in HIS own way, too. I can't think of a matchup that I would want to see more than this one. Please, God, keep them both healthy until fight night - and after, too.

Me personally, I think when he beats Ferg, and becomes Champ, he needs to defend at least 3-4 times, then go up in weight, and fight Woodley if he's still champ, an defend a few times there.

Discuss.

Other GOAT contenders didn't have to do that. I say if he beats Tony, Conor, and maybe beats another 4 to 5 contenders, he will be GOAT. So, basically, go the next 3 years undefeated.

This guy gets it, I can’t consider someone the greatest unless they’re beating grown men.

He is beating guys that are 5'11" 180lbs. That is a grown man unless you're an American fat fuck.

IMO he might become lightweight GOAT if he is consistent and beats all the guys in front of him. He will never be p4p GOAT in my eyes and many people eyes due to not being well rounded

Keep fighting and beating top guys. When his career is over we can give it the old look up and down and compare it to other GOAT candidates.

There are no goal posts to being called the GOAT, you just look at what they've done when they're done doing great things

Discuss.
Doing all of that would easily put him in GOAT discussion, but you have to realize, he is already 29 years old, and this isn't a sport for the elderly. Continuous years of hard training will wear on him, let alone having to go through guys like Ferguson, possibly Conor, and then if he was to move up in weight, Woodley. I just don't think time is on his side when it comes to accomplishing all of that.

The guy is going to be KO'd sooner or later once he fights enough truly elite strikers. You don't go undefeated forever with his level of striking.

I think he needs to clean out the division fighting different styles, And start fighting a division above too.

Takes LW belt, moves up, takes WW belt, retires undefeated. And I bet he can do it too.

Doing all of that would easily put him in GOAT discussion, but you have to realize, he is already 29 years old, and this isn't a sport for the elderly. Continuous years of hard training will wear on him, let alone having to go through guys like Ferguson, possibly Conor, and then if he was to move up in weight, Woodley. I just don't think time is on his side when it comes to accomplishing all of that.
Going through Conor - if he even dares to come back - is gonna be a piece of cake. Yes, Tiramisu cake.

Back