How does Khabib become the GOAT?

Beat ferg then conor, a defense at lw or two, move to ww and defeat the champ and retire at 30-0.

Inheard about this guy recently and saw a video of him wrassling a bear as a little kid. Goat or not, I think that's fucking epic.

He need to score a bunch more wins, but first he needs to KO or submit people.

Holding people offenseless and issuing stupid punches might give him the victory, but doesn't add anything into greatness, we already have GSP for that.

The problem with GOAT is that it's never perfect or rarely-if-ever. Some guys will give someone with 50-0 that title while some wont on subjective opinion.

GOAT should be limited to weight class and eras because if they didn't fight or they "woulda' coulda' shoulda'" then MMA math or Boxing Math isn't something to base it on.

Examples...

Cyborg: she has 1 loss on her record and an " * " for PEDs... but based on performance i'd say right now she is.

Mighty Mouse: Has two loses on his record and is in an Era where it seems 125 is lacking the depth. but based on performance i'd say right now he is also.

Jones....
Anderson....

What about Mayweather with 50 - 0 ...how do you feel about that? the right fights at the wrong times? lack of depth?

What Khabib has to do to make every single person on this call him GOAT is almost not worth the trouble for anyone lol

just win the title, defend 5 times and move up for a couple fun matchups then defend a few more times... then i'll call him the '155 GOAT'

Being undefeated helps a lot, but right now he only has like 5 notable wins.

To be GLWOAT, a win over Ferguson and 3-4 notable wins will do it.

To be absolute GOAT, he has to get into the same realm as GSP, Fedor, and Silva. Which means like 8-12(depending on how dominant, how elite the fighters are, and if he remains undefeated) more notable wins.

At least, that's how I see it.

If he can stay undefeated, i would say 5 defenses is all thats needed, the level of competition is harder today than when GSP, Andy and especially Fedor made their defenses.

Then there's also how the fights play out, if he's pulling out close 3-2 decisions he may never pass them even with 15 defenses.

The problem with GOAT is that it's never perfect or rarely-if-ever. Some guys will give someone with 50-0 that title while some wont on subjective opinion.

GOAT should be limited to weight class and eras because if they didn't fight or they "woulda' coulda' shoulda'" then MMA math or Boxing Math isn't something to base it on.

Examples...

Cyborg: she has 1 loss on her record and an " * " for PEDs... but based on performance i'd say right now she is.

Mighty Mouse: Has two loses on his record and is in an Era where it seems 125 is lacking the depth. but based on performance i'd say right now he is also.

Jones....
Anderson....

What about Mayweather with 50 - 0 ...how do you feel about that? the right fights at the wrong times? lack of depth?

What Khabib has to do to make every single person on this call him GOAT is almost not worth the trouble for anyone lol

just win the title, defend 5 times and move up for a couple fun matchups then defend a few more times... then i'll call him the '155 GOAT'

Its funny how people shit of Mayweathers 50-0 record, if you actually look at how padded any top boxers record is, you'd see Mayweather has the best record while against consistently high ranked opponents.

Name me 10 top fighters Ali beat? 10 that Tyson beat? And so on.

Khabib's unbeaten record isn't enough to put him near goat status.

He has very few top fighters in his resume.

If he beats Ferguson, Conor, Alvarez and moves up to beat the WW champ he will become a contender.

- Beat Tony
- Beat Conor
- Beat Nate Diaz
- Never get injured again
- Fight during every Ramadan
- Move up and win belts in the soon-to-be-created 165 and 175 division
- Defend all three belts 10x each
- (add whatever weird, non-fighting-related stipulation MMA fans usually have)

First he needs to win the LW Title, defend it 10 times, then win the WW title and defend it at least once then he will be the GOAT. Unless GSP wins another title (either WW or LW).

Woodley made it clear he wants nothing to do with khabib. I think if he wins title, and defends x amount of times.. Depending on who he defends against.. Makes him close. He is still undefeated, so if he goes like 5 and 0 from. Here, then retires.. How can anyone say he's not goat. Undefeated is a big factor. If he goes up in weight and tools say gsp or Woodley it makes it very hard to put gsp above him.

he'll probably reach cormier levels where hes not bonafide top 5 GOAT level but somewhere in the 5-10 range. that is if he keeps up his undefeated streak and goes on to defend against conor, alvarez, gaethje, lee etc.

maybe a fight or two at 170

How does Khabib become the GOAT in your opinion?

Me personally, I think when he beats Ferg, and becomes Champ, he needs to defend at least 3-4 times, then go up in weight, and fight Woodley if he's still champ, an defend a few times there.

Discuss.

Travel in time and Kill Fedor´s mom.

terminator_smiling.jpg

He is beating guys that are 5'11" 180lbs. That is a grown man unless you're an American fat fuck.
I’d respect those guys a lot more if they actually fought at their natural weight. Weight cutting is for pussies.

How does Khabib become the GOAT in your opinion?

Me personally, I think when he beats Ferg, and becomes Champ, he needs to defend at least 3-4 times, then go up in weight, and fight Woodley if he's still champ, an defend a few times there.

Discuss.
<36>
<36>
<36>

By defeating 2004-2007 Emelianeko Fedor in a ring under PRIDE rules

In other words, he doesn’t

-Ferguson
-McGregor
-McGregor 2
-N.1 LW contender
-Possible Holloway super fight or GSP at 155lbs
-Move to WW
-Woodley or whoever is champ.
-N.1 WW contender
-33-0, 17 UFC fight winning streak, 2 division champ. GOAT

Seems like anybody that can beat Conor “the great” on here anymore

Has a 5-10 year title reign with multiple defenses. If he’s able to accomplish that he’ll be one of the greatest lightweight champions ever and that’s about it.

He’d be the greatest champion ever to compete in the ufc if he achieves a 10 year title reign. That would put him at 35-0 (conservatively) with 9 defenses. Undeniably mma GOAT at that point.

Back