How do you guys find motivation?

All time is 500 high bar 600 conventional pull 325 pause bench....215 OHP all at 190-200 5'9"

Thread delivered.

Because motivation is something that comes and goes. You accomplish goals with commitment and discipline despite motivation.

Because motivation is something that comes and goes. You accomplish goals with commitment and discipline despite motivation.
Hence the need to discuss how one finds it.
<seedat>

Seriously though, you don't think commitment and discipline require motivation? Why are you drawing a distinction here? I don't think motivation means you're always thrilled to get up and hit the gym. In my experience establishing good habits it the real key.

OK, I get that. I would think that most athletes, at some point rely on some external motivating factor whether its a rival sprinter, or fighter, or death in the family. I think those things are pretty important for most athletes. People are quick to take a hardcore stance on motivation and call it fluff, but I think it is very real, and can be quite an effective tool.

No to both of you. A change in goals does not mean you have/have not motivation. For example-Lebron James could call it quits in the NBA today because he has a change in priorities in his life but that change entails a new goal(family/doing something else)and henceforth with anybody else. Has nothing o do with motivation.

Not that im not saying motivation is bad im simply saying it isnt even necessary to be a "success".

No to both of you. A change in goals does not mean you have/have not motivation. For example-Lebron James could call it quits in the NBA today because he has a change in priorities in his life but that change entails a new goal(family/doing something else)and henceforth with anybody else. Has nothing o do with motivation.

Not that im not saying motivation is bad im simply saying it isnt even necessary to be a "success".

I wonder how many successful people will tell you motivation had nothing to do with it.

Many will. Motivation can be used as a spark and the good feelings you intially get is just you telling yourself you want something.(this is about all it is good for) But no motivation is not actually going to carry you to your goal. Not through all of the work that must be put in or the days you dont want to show up. There is literally hundreds of threads and videos whining about motivation just like this one. The fact is it isnt motivation that carries you.

Motivaton gets you going. Dedication and strong habits is what keeps you going.

No doubt about it ASU i dont bullshit about my stats contrary to popular belief i weight buck 90 at the moment

I could be as strong as Ed Coan.

...if I wanted to be. But I don't.

But I don't bullshit.

Do you think you could be as good at basketball or baseball as me if you wanted to? Youve got my real name and city now we could set up some competition if you want

I've never played basketball or baseball and can't think of two sports I like less. I would imagine most people who've played at all would beat me at both.

You definitely beat me at having shirtless Facebook profile pictures, though.

Boo hoo hoo the man has a shirtless pic.....you dont have to look ya know

All time is 500 high bar 600 conventional pull 325 pause bench....215 OHP all at 190-200 5'9"
IIRC, those numbers are very close to where Jim was before he got on. Except I think Jim was heavier.

Just sayin'....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back