Social How did your Thanksgiving political discussions with family go?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seems like inevitably someone will introduce politics at Thanksgiving. My family is comprised of mostly normie Democrat voters. Someone started talking about Biden and everyone agreed that he is too old and will probably lose to Trump. I think it's insane the DNC is still running with him even as their voting base acknowledges he is too old to be president. It's like they want Trump to be elected again.

Thankfully, politics didn’t even come up. Most of my family and in-laws are libs and usually discuss, even last year my dad was thankful for Biden and his leadership, and my brother’s father-in-law was thankful for Zelensky and his leadership.

but I think they are a bit dejected these days about the collapsing support of both.

Everyone in my family that attends holidays is on the left so it went pretty smoothly. Only a little bit of hypocrisy on their side as they mildly judged my for buying and owning three guns even though by way of inheritance each male there has more than I do lol!! Our grandparents were ranchers...

They are typical liberals, uneducated (on the trans issue only) so I just don't bring that up. They only know the obvious left positions that I agree with but have no real understanding of the nuances of the issue and the problems that need addressing.

It's mixed race with native american, black and mexican people along with white people represented.

But mostly we just enjoyed each other's company.

FYI TS, the DNC has no say in who runs for president. Very odd misconception. Probably no group in the world with such a big contrast between their actual power and what CTers think their power is.

My family is cool. Great time with everyone, politics barely came up, everyone is very happy with Biden.

Pretty fun as usual. The in-laws are starting to see the merits of my proposed plan for the middle east (wall it off, let them kill each other until they're happy, film it for reality TV) even though they still think it's vile & morally wrong in every way. My wife's family lived in the middle east during the 90s so their perspective is obviously not the same as mine, but I do enjoy discussing Asian & middle east issues & politics with them. None of us give a shit about the Ukrainian war so that wasn't really discussed, but we did touch on how the media coverage is complete fucking bullshit.

It was nonexistent til someone brought up religion and politics in the same sentence.

FYI TS, the DNC has no say in who runs for president. Very odd misconception. Probably no group in the world with such a big contrast between their actual power and what CTers think their power is.
They could come out right now and say Biden needs to step down and let another candidate run. Theres still time. Nothing stopping them other than cowardice and acceptance of a Trump victory.

My family is cool. Great time with everyone, politics barely came up, everyone is very happy with Biden.
So you live in an echo chamber then? Literally no one brought up his age or terrible approval rating? Explains your post history I guess. Let me guess, the rest of your family doesn't care about what is happening in Gaza either. You guys are very likely to have a very sad Thanksgiving next year. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

They could come out right now and say Biden needs to step down and let another candidate run. Theres still time. Nothing stopping them other than cowardice and acceptance of a Trump victory.

So you live in an echo chamber? You guys are very likely to have a very sad Thanksgiving next year. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
They who? You think if Harrison calls for Biden to step down, he would? Why? And what would be "cowardly" about him not doing that? Also note that the same idiot CTers making your argument are mad any time they suspect that the DNC prefers a candidate.

No, I don't live in an echo chamber. My family members who care about politics are just highly educated. Not the only people I know. And I think you're just as likely to be disappointed as sane people are.

Last edited:
Talked about the Israel conflict briefly, but that's about it. My family has plenty of liberals, but they are thankfully not the annoying kind that feel personally violated when someone disagrees with them. Mostly, it was just busting balls and eating good food.

They who? You think if Harrison calls for Biden to step down, he would? Why? And what would be "cowardly" about him not doing that? Also note that the same idiot CTers making your argument are made any time they suspect that the DNC prefers a candidate.
If influential Democrats came out and pressured Biden it would absolutely have an effect. They aren't even willing to try. Why can't they do that? They were sure willing to shit on Bernie when it looked like he would become the nominee. So far they haven't tried jack shit and are just going along with Biden as the nominee. Why?
No, I don't live in an echo chamber. My family members who care about politics are just highly educated.
You mean ignorant and retarded, just like you.

Not the only people I know. And I think you're just as likely to be disappointed as sane people are.
The only investment I have in the upcoming election is that I don't want Trump to become president again. So no, there's no chance I will be as disappointed as you. I will either be 1) grateful that someone beat Trump or 2) pissed off that the Democrats handed the victory to him by running with a terrible candidate. The latter is most likely and best believe I will be shitting on you for being an out of touch buffoon.

If influential Democrats came out and pressured Biden it would absolutely have an effect. They aren't even willing to try. Why can't they do that? They were sure willing to shit on Bernie when it looked like he would become the nominee. So far they haven't tried jack shit and are just going along with Biden as the nominee. Why?
You said the DNC. I just pointed out that the DNC has no power here, and now you're flipping to "influential Democrats." Who? Voters prefer Biden to any other candidates, and he has, in fact, been a great president. If anyone wants to run against him or tell him not to run, they are free to do that. There's no "them" that you can appeal to here. Your assumption that everyone agrees with you is simply not accurate.

You mean ignorant and retarded, just like you.

Really?
The only investment I have in the upcoming election is that I don't want Trump to become president again. So no, there's no chance I will be as disappointed as you. I will either be 1) grateful that someone beat Trump or 2) pissed off that the Democrats handed the victory to him by running with a terrible candidate. The latter is most likely and best believe I will be shitting on you for being an out of touch buffoon.
Well, if insulting a stranger makes you feel better about your miserable life, I'm happy to be the target.

Talked about the Israel conflict briefly, but that's about it. My family has plenty of liberals, but they are thankfully not the annoying kind that feel personally violated when someone disagrees with them. Mostly, it was just busting balls and eating good food.
That's the way it should be.

Same as always. Some trigger word is mentioned that concludes in a short winded incoherent rant about trans/gay people, democrats or how theyre oppressed.

Back