How did Jan Blachowicz suddenly improve so fast?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I get fighters are allowed to improve but,

Didn’t he have comically bad gassing problems before? He used to put his hands by his knees. Dude got destroyed by Pat Cummings and now he’s a contender on a 4 fight streak with good cardio.

87F45B7F-62F2-4706-9CE0-98FFA78553CB.jpeg

Homerdisappears.gif

He ate Turkey. I mean, he's from turkey. No wait, I meant: He's Polish

He hardly got destroyed. All of those losses are decisions.

Styles make fights; he was always decent but has a weakness for strong wrestlers. Also, a note for any desperate Gustaffson fans: a 4 fight win streak over journeymen still doesn't make Jan a quality win. Sorry.

He got back with his old coach.

I get fighters are allowed to improve but,

Didn’t he have comically bad gassing problems before? He used to put his hands by his knees. Dude got destroyed by Pat Cummings and now he’s a contender on a 4 fight streak with good cardio.

View attachment 483893

Beating Krylov makes you a contender?

He hasn't beaten a massive list of Killers and LHW is fairly thin. Jan is a decent LHW in today's UFC. Circs 2005-11 he isn't top 10 maybe top 15. Nice subtle Roid accusation though. Did Jan bang your wife or something?

Well he looked really good when he crushed Latifi. And that was back in 2014. So he has performed well in the past. But he's been a bit irregular, I'll give you that ts

he was beating up gus on the feet and made gus panic wrestle.

205 sucks and isn’t deep. Guys got older, he got a little better. He looked good against Latifi a while ago. His hands looked good against Gus too. I wouldn’t say he has dramatically improved though.

I don't think his cardio is actually that much better, I just think he's better at managing his limited gas tank

He doesn't throw full power all the time anymore, he picks his spots better etc.

And he was never a bad fighter before, he could just only go for 5 minutes of action and he would blow it out in the first

Now he can go for like 8 minutes and spreads it out across the fight

Back