How badly would Golovkin have beaten Mayweather?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
@Black
Reaction score
Of course, this fight will not, and would have never happened, but what do you guys think?

May gets KO'd by the 4th or 5th round?

I'm not a regular in the boxing forums, so please don't get butt hurt if this topic has already been done.

I think Floyd would outbox him for a few rounds, start getting trapped on the ropes too much & then get ko'd. Too much size & power.
Floyd style of blocking shots with his shoulders & arms wouldn't work against & a big massive puncher like GGG.

Prime floyd beats him. Ggg could probably beat him now but floyd has a chance.

Don't think ggg beating bums equals him beating the best

Floyd would Chico that ass. GGG would be crying to Abel not to stop the fight.

Floyd would Chico that ass. GGG would be crying to Abel not to stop the fight.
Floyd is too small and not enough of a puncher to stop GGG, who can take a good shot from actual middleweights.

Maybe 2012 Floyd wins a close UD, but now no way he wins.

If Floyd where to beat GGG hed do so in a very biring fashion, zero risks, all defense

Of course, this fight will not, and would have never happened, but what do you guys think?

I'm not a regular in the boxing forums, so please don't get butt hurt if this topic has already been done.
The Floyd that beat JMM and Hatton beats current Golovkin by MD.
The thing with GGG is that even though he's a brawling puncher face first he's so polished from the exceptionally massive amount of amateur experience he had. But if u wanna bet he'd TKO current old man retired for the third time Mayweather? sure, but no fucking way is it happening before the championship rounds.
Maidana was pulling Muay Thai and greco roman and biting on Floyd and still lost twice and he has a very big KO ratio, Zab Judah abused the shit out of Floyd's nut sack in the later rounds from frustration worse than michael jackson on himself "and still!" pun intended. If anyone does remember, Floyd had papers ready to fight Taylor after her took the belt from Soloman, and he was pretty confidant about it. It may not say much cause of how Jermaine was in his late comeback but it is still a MW world title fight! and against a guy who legit earned it!

You can count how many times Floyd has been visibly hurt in fights on one hand yet Golovkin would stop him? No.

You can count how many times Floyd has been visibly hurt in fights on one hand yet Golovkin would stop him? No.

30 of his fights were at lightweight or lower. So I think it's reasonable to predict that a middleweight power puncher can hurt, or knock out, a guy Floyd's size. I don't even think he'd have to land clean to hurt Floyd, just too much size and power at that point. Golovkin has knocked down tough middleweights with grazing shots.

I've always said that I would obviously watch that fight if it was made, but I would never be one of the people calling for it. It just seems to cross that line between a challenge and a mismatch.

Especially at this stage in Floyd's career, I actually lean towards not wanting to see it. It would be kind of lame to see Floyd lose his undefeated record to a middleweight at age 40.

Its not reasonable to just assume that guy who has never been knocked down by a punch gets stopped by anyone.

Its not reasonable to just assume that guy who has never been knocked down by a punch gets stopped by anyone.

But Zab JUDAH!!!

I mean, at some point it does not matter what has or hasn't happened in the past. If Mayweather fought Mike Tyson I could say the same thing, but we both know Mike is just too big. In my opinion, GGG is just too big.

But you're probably right that it should not be assumed to happen. The likelihood is there though.

GGG at 160 would likely pound Floyd out. He's too big and too strong and that jab is killer.

GGG at 147 would probably lose all 12 rounds. If he could even get down to 147 and not just die he would look like De La Hoya against Pacman.

GGG would have a good size advantage and shown a lot of power, so can't really blame Floyd for avoiding that fight, but a win would have gone a long way toward justifying his TBE claims. SRR started out at LW and tried for the LHW title so that's about the same spread in weight. I like Floyd, he's a great ring general, but his resume just doesn't compare to the cream of the crop. Bandying his 0 around while making those claims is just sleight of hand.

I'm not sure ggg has the hand speed to bother Floyd, but if he did land, goodnight.

Prime floyd beats him. Ggg could probably beat him now but floyd has a chance.

Don't think ggg beating bums equals him beating the best
That's why I think floyd should have made the fight. GGG is still unproven. The guy he beat last night looked like a club fighter looking to cash a check.

If Floyd where to beat GGG hed do so in a very biring fashion, zero risks, all defense
A win is a win is a win. Smarter not harder. Besides it's not like Floyd hasn't been in a boring fight before.

The guys who have given Floyd the toughest fights did not have hand-speed.

Good point nac, makes me think of the maidana fights. If that's ggg hitting him against the ropes then Floyd is in a world of trouble.

Back