Media Franics is handling his loss badly.

In fairness, it's hard to judge any punch that you don't personally feel. How many guys in MMA have we seen go down from "glancing blows"? Plenty. The brain is a delicate thing.
I can't argue that there is an element that we can't always understand. But just comparing him to other people that have been in there with AJ it's a pretty notable difference.

Here's Fury before Francis:

vs him 3 months out from Usyk:

If you can't admit Fury obviously didn't train hard for Francis there's not much point talking to you.

This.

Just rewatched the KO, there was an extreme level difference here, and if Fury was in any kind of fighting shape I would expect similar results.

Nonetheless, Joshua beats him 19 out of 20 times, that one time Francis comes out with braided hair swings wildly and chins him.

But in all seriousness, fight night he said "Its all on me the loss, then he changes course to I was poisoned and now its, they tried to make me tired.

This is kind of sad how bad he is navigating the waters of being humbled.

Maybe he's having a hard time accepting he lost an even bigger boxing fight with more money. If he won it would have been Fury/Usyk winner perhaps. Now, it's back to mma I think.
MMA or the boxing undercard . The Francis experiment is over

Last edited:
Reactions: JKS
He's handling his loss poorly because he had inflated expectations of himself following the Fury fight. I think he genuinely thought :"I beat the best HW in the world, so I should be able to beat Joshua". Not realizing that he was no longer going to have the element of surprise heading into a boxing ring.

Every boxing fight Francis has from now on, if he chooses to continue, will be against a boxer who will take him seriously. Which is really bad news for Francis.

He didn't handle the stipe loss well, Lewis psychologically destroyed him in the octagon, and Joshua is more of the same

Why is anyone even surprised? Was Ngannou really that good of a striker? Yes he has KO power, but as an actual striker/boxer? Nope.

He had to resort to panic wrestling Gane in fear of getting outstruck.

The fury fight was an outlier because he was being unprofessional as fuck and came in fat, old and out of shape.

Joshua would have cleaned him out in 3 minutes regardless of what time he arrived at the arena.

Lmfao panic wrestle against a guy who wouldn’t have koed him? Panic wrestle is when you’re about to get koed like Conor did when he got tagged by Nate

It’s a good chance that fight was fixed. They paid Francis to take a dive to not further expose and humiliate boxing.

It’s a good chance that fight was fixed. They paid Francis to take a dive to not further expose and humiliate boxing.
360_F_186606681_7kSMRhcE9TsoZm6GKtaApyEsS9XpH54E.jpg

To be fair, the old adage: "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" rings true in most cases.

Back