Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

Played this game ages ago, loved every bit of it. Horizon is what Zelda should have been, imo.

So I beat the main quest and frozen wilds dlc today. Story was good but we are left ignorant of some crucial details! They need to make #2.

Played this game ages ago, loved every bit of it. Horizon is what Zelda should have been, imo.
BOTW shits on this nearly everywhere.

Thats one of the best games this decade, and one of the best of all time. Can you say that for Horizon?

BOTW shits on this nearly everywhere.

Thats one of the best games this decade, and one of the best of all time. Can you say that for Horizon?

wow wow wow!

BOTW is far and away #1 overall but HZD ain't that far IMO. I was completely immersed while playing BOTW and HZD. You simply cannot lose with either series. So looking forward to their sequels. If they announced a PS5 launch for HZD2 I am preserving it with every VIP bonuses. I bought this game on a discount a year after release but Guerrilla Games deserve my financial support after this one game. It was that fuckin' good.

wow wow wow!

BOTW is far and away #1 overall but HZD ain't that far IMO. I was completely immersed while playing BOTW and HZD. You simply cannot lose with either series. So looking forward to their sequels. If they announced a PS5 launch for HZD2 I am preserving it with every VIP bonuses. I bought this game on a discount a year after release but Guerrilla Games deserve my financial support after this one game. It was that fuckin' good.
I tried to like HZD, I really did. The game's combat just felt pretty boring to me, the story was intriguing but the gameplay just felt lacking to me. Maybe Ill like it after I try again another time, but I gave it 10 hours, I just thought it was too "ubisofty".

I tried to like HZD, I really did. The game's combat just felt pretty boring to me, the story was intriguing but the gameplay just felt lacking to me. Maybe Ill like it after I try again another time, but I gave it 10 hours, I just thought it was too "ubisofty".

I don’t what to tell you. The action was perfectly on point. When you take down those big Dinos it felt like an achievement. The one thing BOTW lacked was tension. I never felt in danger too much (besides dodging those spiders with their fuckin Lasers)..

I don’t what to tell you. The action was perfectly on point. When you take down those big Dinos it felt like an achievement. The one thing BOTW lacked was tension. I never felt in danger too much (besides dodging those spiders with their fuckin Lasers)..

Play master mode...<CerseiPlotting>

But the games are going for completely different things. One is trying to entice your childish nature in wanting to explore and satisfy your curiosity (BOTW).

HZD wants you to overcome challenges and that in of itself is rewarding.

Theyre completely different games.

Play master mode...<CerseiPlotting>

But the games are going for completely different things. One is trying to entice your childish nature in wanting to explore and satisfy your curiosity (BOTW).

HZD wants you to overcome challenges and that in of itself is rewarding.

Theyre completely different games.

I replayed it on the hardest level after I beat. Yes it’s challenging but fun. If it’s not foe you it’s not for you but this shoulda been GOTY on any other year other than BOTW...

Think I'm making this game my next play through before Sekiro. Started and never finished.

Hey y'all, I'm back on this game and I just wanted to ask, do you ever get an upgraded spear?
The one I have is still Blue. Just curious.

Hey y'all, I'm back on this game and I just wanted to ask, do you ever get an upgraded spear?
The one I have is still Blue. Just curious.

Once you start the DLC, you can get a quest to get a purple spear and get mod slots in it for % spear damage.

Thanks.
I posted this thread then continued playing the story line and got a new spear with the Master Override attached by completing "The Mountain that Fell" mission.

I really took my time with this game, doing everything that came up as a side mission or quest, before moving through the main story line. I'm still yet to complete the main story line (About to enter GIAI Prime) and I am level 50 with every single perk unlocked except for one.

If I can wrangle up one more skill point by completing that mission, I'll have the entire tree unlocked.

I've really been enjoying this game, so much. I love the gameplay and the Bow combat, especially with that concentration effect that slows things down for a moment. It's just so badass and well done.

I will be buying the expansion for sure.

OK guys, I'm pretty pumped on this game. I've really enjoyed it more than any other game in a long time. I'm easily more invested into this game that I was in Fallout3, and that is saying a lot.

I am at the absolute final mission (I think), in which I am about to enter the final battle. I was given the option to either "rest before the final battle" (No turning back) or to continue running errands. I looked at my map and saw that I hadn't collected all the metal flowers, so I decided last night (since I only had an hour to play) to run around and finish collecting them all. Got some rare achievement for it. So now I'm going to collect the remaining banuk figurines as well, before finishing the main story line.

I also unlocked every perk last night before finishing the story, so my character is maxed. I really don't want it to be over, to be truthful, but I will buy the expansion and play that as well.

Did I hear someone mention that they are coming out with a part two?

I'm actually tempted to spend some time travelling to all the remaining parts of the map that I haven't been to yet. I don't know if its worth it but the completionist side of me is compelling me to do it. I actually have some time to play tonight, so we'll see what happens when I sit down with the controller in hand.

I will be buying the expansion for sure.
It's really good, IMO, and better than base, which was trying for me to click with. So, you'll outright love it likely; lay of snow even takes on a 2.0 quality in it. And congrats on all perk unlocks and such. Respect. #tinker4life

Just started playing this a few hours ago.

Really enjoying it so far.

Edit - Just finished 'The Proving' and holy shit it just got GOOOOOOOOODDDDD.

Last edited:
Finished the base game last night on Hard, and well... I have very mixed feelings.

Good -
*The graphics are incredible. It may be the most gorgeous PS4 game, its between this and GoW.
*The ranged combat with the 'dinobots' is awesome. The tactics required is unique, and reminds me of Witcher 3 in how players have to plan which weapons to use when stalking your targets, or you're gonna die.
*The music and sound is 10/10.

The Bad -
*The movement & open world feels very Ubisoft.
*The combat with human enemies is sub-par and is a chore.
*Melee combat with Dinobots and humans is terrible.
*Side-quests are mostly uninteresting fetch-quests. (The actual ones I did)
*Final mission is.... an unsatisfying finale.

Comments about the story -
*When I commented on Saturday "This is starting to get GOOD" that was the height of my interest.
*Characters are 1-dimensional.
*The Sci-Fi backstory was uninteresting and too spread out over the narrative.
*Feminist propaganda is rampant throughout both the current events and apocalyptic backstory.

Starting the DLC today. I hope it has a better story.

Finished the base game last night on Hard, and well... I have very mixed feelings.

Good -
*The graphics are incredible. It may be the most gorgeous PS4 game, its between this and GoW.
*The ranged combat with the 'dinobots' is awesome. The tactics required is unique, and reminds me of Witcher 3 in how players have to plan which weapons to use when stalking your targets, or you're gonna die.
*The music and sound is 10/10.

The Bad -
*The movement & open world feels very Ubisoft.
*The combat with human enemies is sub-par and is a chore.
*Melee combat with Dinobots and humans is terrible.
*Side-quests are mostly uninteresting fetch-quests. (The actual ones I did)
*Final mission is.... an unsatisfying finale.

Comments about the story -
*When I commented on Saturday "This is starting to get GOOD" that was the height of my interest.
*Characters are 1-dimensional.
*The Sci-Fi backstory was uninteresting and too spread out over the narrative.
*Feminist propaganda is rampant throughout both the current events and apocalyptic backstory.

Starting the DLC today. I hope it has a better story.

wow I really enjoyed the base game story thought it was great. Didn’t get any Feminist propaganda vibe from the game. I haven’t played the expansion yet.

Didn’t get any Feminist propaganda vibe from the game.

If you don't see any, I'd rather not point all of it out to someone that otherwise enjoys the game.

Honestly, it really hampered any enjoyment I would have had with the story.

Its one of those 'Once you see it, you can't unsee it' for an otherwise great game. Despite my stated complaints, the positives easily outweigh the negatives.

Guess I'm kinda like Angry Joe in that I can rant about flaws for a while but give a game a good score.

Always wanted to get the DLC is it worth it? What's the game play hours like?

Back