Horizon: Zero Dawn (robot dinosaurs)

Did you watch vids on where to go and how to play??? 21 hours is mad short time to get 100%...

Almost finished game in 20hrs 1st time, read I missed suit so decided to go for my first ps4 plat with 2nd run. Trophies I got first time were progression and most if not all done again on 2nd run.

Almost finished game in 20hrs 1st time, read I missed suit so decided to go for my first ps4 plat with 2nd run. Trophies I got first time were progression and most if not all done again on 2nd run.

I'm not sure how you managed to do that. Must have just streamlined everything as fast as possible, no exploring. Only did one play through but got Plat in around 55 hours. Bunch of wandering, exploring, every side mission I could find, etc.

I'm not sure how you managed to do that. Must have just streamlined everything as fast as possible, no exploring. Only did one play through but got Plat in around 55 hours. Bunch of wandering, exploring, every side mission I could find, etc.

Dunno what to say.

Edit: looked up 100% speedruns. 20hrs isn't fast.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I’m new to the game, REALLY enjoying it. I’ve hit level 12 and bought a legendary outfit, but I am still using the same bow that I started the game with.

I’ve obtained a couple purple mods that I can apply to my bow but my question is; should I?

One is +42% year coil and the other is +44% fire coil. I don’t want to waste, as you can’t salvage mods in this game.

Guidance is appreciated.

Hi guys. I’m new to the game, REALLY enjoying it. I’ve hit level 12 and bought a legendary outfit, but I am still using the same bow that I started the game with.

I’ve obtained a couple purple mods that I can apply to my bow but my question is; should I?

One is +42% year coil and the other is +44% fire coil. I don’t want to waste, as you can’t salvage mods in this game.

Guidance is appreciated.
havent played in awhile... It was my fav game though. U will get more mods throughout the game.. I will have to log on and see what bow I have (think I had two at a time but u can get new ones in dif areas) Towards the end of the game u will get badass armor... But you literally can get it right before the end of the main game.. The DLC is still tough even with that armor.
As far as adding the MODS go for it, u will get others.

Yeah by the end of the night I hit level 17 and entered a new area which had a vendor who was selling better weapons, so I picked up a purple bow and modded it instead. It's pretty badass. This game is amazing.

Yeah by the end of the night I hit level 17 and entered a new area which had a vendor who was selling better weapons, so I picked up a purple bow and modded it instead. It's pretty badass. This game is amazing.

yeah you will get a good amount of purple weapons to mod. there is a strategy or guide on it. I believe you should add mods that add power to their "burns". if it's flame then use flame mods and so on. it's been a long while since I played this so I don't recall to well.

I generally save the more powerful mods and use the blue or less potent purple ones till I know for sure I want to use a particular mod for a particular weapon.

Last edited:

Guidance is appreciated.
Invest in the branch (right side, if memory serves) that teaches you (Aloy) to tinker, meaning you will thereafter be able to pin and unpin mods so your gear will always be at an optimum. I hate sinking valuable points in skills I don't per se need as I'm sure you do, but that was one I used through to end-game and DLC so be frugal, invest, and make reaching that node a goal.

What Sai says above is great advice, BTW. Don't spread the wealth, as it were, with mods and gear; exploit inherent capabilities and start fixing certain slots in your wheel for weapon-types so when SHTF, you're sharper than a tack on drawing and using what you need; I used slots north-south for range/volley ATK while west-east for melee and trap-craft – but that's all you, brother. Do you. Crowd control is one of the biggest challenges in HZD and time is just something you won't have.

I can’t even remember what level I finished the main game at. Will have to pop it in tomorrow and check it out .

Also like the guy above said u will figure out what perks you want her to have and which to invest in learning .

Reading this thread made me load up the game again.. started a new game+ on harder difficulty level. I may just have to run this adventure again. :)

Last edited:
Yeah man, this game is so fun. I even picked it over Destiny last night, which is unreal AFAIC.
I think I am at level 23 now, and I just finished the part where that dude with the handlebar moustache and I were investigating his sisters' murder, and we found out it was his own people.

Too much fun.

I did max out that skill tree to get the tinker skill, as recommended (in another thread). I'll be honest though, and say that I'm skeptical of that choice because I haven't felt the need to save a single mod yet, but I'll take your word for it.

It's tough to choose though. I spent most of my skill points on bolstering my raged and melee attacks early on, but still haven't maxed out either of those trees. lol, not that that matters, because I am only about 30% through the main story line, so I suspect I'll be getting ample skill points as I continue through the game.

I really hope they make a sequel.

I am a bit slow and only started to play Horizon a week ago.
I like the game so far, it is very well made, good graphics, designs, sound and voiceovers. Idea of robotic dinosaurs and animals is fun!
It is pretty feministic in the sense that women and men pretty much switch roles there, best warriors in Nora tribe are ladies, and women hold power through Matriarchs. It seems a little bit forced to me.
But main characters are well-written, and Aloy is an interesting character, and her stubborness as well as other personality traits are pretty well founded.
The only thing I don't really like yet is very damn fast monster respawn. i got caught in situations where I killed some, ran out of arrows, went 100 meters to gather twigs for new arrows, and when returned, machines respawned already. useful when you have a lot of arrows and need spare parts, irritating otherwise.

I will write more as I progress in the game, but it is obvious that this game is quality.

You scumbag. I thought this was going to be news on #2.

Update #1. Cauldrons fucking suck and they reek of Mass Effect Andromeda's vaults. Technically ME:A came out a tad later but I played it first. Anyway, cauldrons are boooooring.

i'm level 46 and barely hitting the main storyline for the frozen area. it's a fun game and i'm enjoying the mechanics of it.

This makes me want to play this again, this is how you make an open-world game. The combat is so. damn. satisfying. I need to try and platinum it and to play the dlc that I never got to.

Back