Horiguchi will be the new FLW champ.

I see him at top 10 soon, but top 5 is a shark tank.

Idk about being a champion, but it's good to see another Japanese prospect doing well in the UFC.

He is a beast, no question about it.

Cause Okami realized that to be successful he had to stop being a big fish in a small gym and learn how to wrestle and cut weight.

Horiguchi looks legit but can he grapple, bro?

He has at the very least "Solid" grappling. Kid had borderline elite grappling in his prime and Horiguchi looks to have picked up a lot of Kid's techniques on the ground.

Yes Horiguchi has gotten into some sticky situations in his first two fights, but he stayed calm and made all of the right technical adjustments to get out of those situations. Also, one could argue Horiguchi got into those positions by being overaggressive and slightly reckless on offense.

His take down defense hasn't looked like it will hold up against the champ. I like his style though

What is going on in this gif? Did he kick him in the nuts?
Montague took a lot of damage that round and was clipped right before the bell. Not sure if that is what caused it or if it was just the accumulation of damage to the body, but yea, he was fucked up.

Top 10 probably. Top 5 maybe. Champion? Outlook not so good.

Scoggins v Horiguchi will be out of this world. Kenpo Karate v Traditional Karate? Yes please.

f631b27ae6685e0e823c0915626fd40d3ad606b6045e0a103203f221a10edb29.jpg

I'm going to have to save this for future use. Thank you.

Scoggins getting the hype treatment here

I wonder if everyone will be as butthurt as Erick Silva fans when he actually fights someone not brought into be a sacrificial lamb? And that lamb did way better than anyone high on Scoggins believed. I heard it all before the fight, like he would just destroy that guy, etc etc. When it was fairly competitive. But fairly competitive quickly turned into total destruction by the sherdog revisionists.

Champion? Most likely not, due to size, strength, wrestling, boxing defense, BJJ.

But he has a unique and interesting style to watch.

Champion? Most likely not, due to size, strength, wrestling, boxing defense, BJJ.

But he has a unique and interesting style to watch.

Size and strength aren't really applicable. He's bigger than MM and one of the strongest in the weight class. If you question his strength/power watch his fight vs Pague the GnP sounds like he's hitting a dead cow with a baseball bat, nasty stuff.

He doesn't have the wrestling to handle MM, but there are probably only a few (Makovsky, Uncle Creepy, etc) who do.

He keeps range good enough for his striking defense, but he gets in danger when he over commits to strikes. His chin has held up, though.

BJJ is good enough to get out of subs, but against truly elite ground-gamers, he'll be in trouble.

However, his speed is probably one of his better attributes too. He's not quite MM fast, but he's in the same gear, something MM's recent foes haven't been able to say.

He has a half decent chance. If MM starts shooting, though, it's a wrap. Let's talk about this in another year or two.

Horiguchi is still raw. I hope the UFC bring him up slowly and give him another couple of mid level fighters before putting him up against a top guy, although that might be hard given the size of the FLW roster (no pun). I'd like to see him fight a little more patient and implement some straight punches into his arsenal, basically be more like Machida.

Scoggins getting the hype treatment here

I wonder if everyone will be as butthurt as Erick Silva fans when he actually fights someone not brought into be a sacrificial lamb? And that lamb did way better than anyone high on Scoggins believed. I heard it all before the fight, like he would just destroy that guy, etc etc. When it was fairly competitive. But fairly competitive quickly turned into total destruction by the sherdog revisionists.

You still stuck on that shit?!?!

Scoggins DOMINATED Campuzano. Wasn't even close in any round or at any time. Get over it, your boy got smashed.

That would be interesting!
I doubt he beats Mighty Mouse or Dodson though.

Scoggins v Horiguchi will be out of this world. Kenpo Karate v Traditional Karate? Yes please.

I like it too. Think Scoggins wrestling is better though, and that could be the difference.

Back