Horiguchi will be the new FLW champ.

He sort of like Dodson. Has pretty extraordinary power, but he doesn't have the anti-gravity muscles Dodson has.

He'll be top ten for sure, IMO. He might fight for the title once or twice, but at that point it's impossible to figure whether he'll improve that much and rise to the occasion.

Pumped for the fight tonight. Montague is legit, but he might get cut if he loses and it isn't a barn burner.

He sort of like Dodson. Has pretty extraordinary power, but he doesn't have the anti-gravity muscles Dodson has.

He'll be top ten for sure, IMO. He might fight for the title once or twice, but at that point it's impossible to figure whether he'll improve that much and rise to the occasion.

Pumped for the fight tonight. Montague is legit, but he might get cut if he loses and it isn't a barn burner.

Hopefully not. Montague faced the hardest puncher in the div for his debut, now he's getting another one of the hardest hitters and one of the best asian prospects in MMA.

I just see Kyoji bombing on him tonight

tumblr_muy1dbjKqf1qhndw9o2_250.gif

If Mongoose loses, feed him Phil Harris.

I didn't like Montague during/after Dodson laid him out, hoping Horiguchi brutally KO's him.

dustin pague was giving him fits ffs no way he will be champ.

dustin pague was giving him fits ffs no way he will be champ.

The kid is 23. He has all the time in the world to improve. Don't forget Barao got dropped by Cole Escavedo 1 fight before he beat Pickett.

Young, talented, and on a superb streak.

This isn't about supporting Asian fighters, this guy is LEGIT.

Bank on it.

Horiguchi is a natural talent, but lacks the technique he needs to be a next level fighter. This is a flaw that is common in many Japanese fighters. It's weird. You see guys from all other areas of the world who make it to the big show move their camps to the US where the best training and biggest collection of high level training partners are. Japanese fighters on the other hand continue to train in their hole-in-the wall gyms with training partners who aren't on their level. I don't know if they just don't take their careers seriously or what. This is a trend that needs to be reversed if they wish to compete at the highest levels. I think Horiguchi get's his first loss tonight.

Horiguchi is a natural talent, but lacks the technique he needs to be a next level fighter. This is a flaw that is common in many Japanese fighters. It's weird. You see guys from all other areas of the world who make it to the big show move their camps to the US where the best training and biggest collection of high level training partners are. Japanese fighters on the other hand continue to train in their hole-in-the wall gyms with training partners who aren't on their level. I don't know if they just don't take their careers seriously or what. This is a trend that needs to be reversed if they wish to compete at the highest levels. I think Horiguchi get's his first loss tonight.

2nd loss you mean.

Anyway, Horiguchi himself said in a documentary about him by VICE that American fighters progress faster than Japanese fighters because most American gyms have a head coach, while the opposite is true in Japan.

Last edited:
Yep, he got a little sloppy at the end but looked unphased by those punches.

he just needs to continue to train his grappling and he may have a very good shot in a few years

He got a little sloppy in this fight but he looked great. Him vs. Dodson would be a barn burner.

He looked great.

MM would beat his ass.

Back