Horiguchi will be the new FLW champ.

He's fantastic to watch and really talented but while he and Dodson are the only two flyweights capable of scaring Johnson with speed, I still think MM beats both. Dodson would probably beat Horiguchi, actualy.

Liked Horiguchi before his fandom went mainstream, now I can't stand all the bandwagonners.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=94251659#post94251659

Lol that thread was made last month....

I have been rooting for Horiguchi since he fought in the 2010 Shooto Rookie Challenge. Mainly because he was Kid's protege, but ever since then because of his fighting style.

I'll be a fan even if it becomes "Hip" to like him and so will any other true fan.

Liked Horiguchi before his fandom went mainstream, now I can't stand all the bandwagonners.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=94251659#post94251659

f631b27ae6685e0e823c0915626fd40d3ad606b6045e0a103203f221a10edb29.jpg

One big concern I have is that in both his ufc fights he found himself in some deep submission trouble at one point.

One big concern I have is that in both his ufc fights he found himself in some deep submission trouble at one point.

And he almost got hit with punches too. You know how when you clinch your fist and swing at someone? Yeah he almost got hit with several of those too.

penn, bendo, machida... yea asians never win ufc titles.

Yeah, 2 Americans and a Brazillian, and each of those 3 are only half Asian. Great point you made there brah. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that we are finally getting to see a young talent come out of Japan and make waves in the UFC. I'm not so sure he will be champ, but I do enjoy watching Horiguchi fight.

He needs to work on his grappling. MM would just double leg him every time. Might look like MM vs. Moraga.

Yeah, 2 Americans and a Brazillian, and each of those 3 are only half Asian. Great point you made there brah. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that we are finally getting to see a young talent come out of Japan and make waves in the UFC. I'm not so sure he will be champ, but I do enjoy watching Horiguchi fight.

Penn is irish!!

Penn is irish!!

Aye, and his mom is a third generation Korean-American. He grew up in Hawaii, and he is about as Asian as my dick. Race really isn't a valid category for defining people anyway, aside from skin tone and a propensity for certain genetic diseases. Still, I can't imagne BJ speaks much Korean, or has a strong connection with Korea. He has always sold himself as a Hawaian through and through.

Feed him to Scoggins after he whips up on Ortiz...

Although, they may have bigger plans for Tank...

Would be nice to have a top ranked Japanese fighter

Back