Horace & Pete - new internet-only show starring Louis CK & Steve Buscemi

Any fans of the show, check out Louis C.K. on Marc Maron's WTF podcast:

http://www.wtfpod.com/ episode 700, part 2

They go deep into all things Horace & Pete. Good stuff.

Louis CK put this out recently, with zero promotion. You get it on his website for a couple bucks.

Louis writes & directs it, & stars in it with Steve Buscemi, Alan Alda, Edie Falco, Jessica Lange, Steven Wright, Nick DiPaolo, and a few others.

They put out a new episode every Saturday, there are 4 so far.

Anybody else watching this shit? I've been enjoying it. Kinda reminds me of All In The Family. Comedy, drama, it's kind of a heavy show sometimes, feels like a play. All takes place on two sets. They must shoot them the week they air them, because the characters will sometimes reference shit that happened in the real word that week.

Anyway it's worth checking out if you like any of the players involved. Cool little experiment.

horace-and-pete-pilot-screencap_1920.0.jpg

I just finished watching this and it was really good.

The ending was sad, but it really made the whole thing powerful. The saddest part is that there can't be a season 2. It's best just to think of it as a long movie.

I just finished watching this and it was really good.

The ending was sad, but it really made the whole thing powerful. The saddest part is that there can't be a season 2. It's best just to think of it as a long movie.

Easily the most underrated TV show to come along in a while. I'd say this & Rectify are going to be hidden gems for people who appreciate high art on the small screen.

Horace & Pete goes in the category of great one-and-done TV series like Band Of Brothers, The Prisoner, or last year's The Night Of.

A couple of my favorite scenes -

Louis' acting here was top notch in parts as you could almost see him going through the mental gymnastics of dealing with it with the person sitting in front of them, desperately trying to find the right words as to not offend, but also panicked and struggling with it.

This one is even great as a stand alone if you've never seen of the show and know nothing about the characters -

Amy Sedaris ad-libbed this whole scene, which you can tell in watching it a second and third time as there is some fumbled speaking transition parts, but conversation, especially between two strangers, if often fumbled a bit. But she's great in it - one of those quiet force of nature positive personality types, hard to explain, a real muted charisma and likability about her that when she's leaning over the juke box to choose the song...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back