Hope for Frank Mir!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/04/duane-brown-mexico-meat/

ESPN reported the NFL Players Association was able to prove to the league that Brown’s tainted test came from consuming too much meat during his trip. Receipts show that Brown ate about 10 burgers and two steaks in Mexico.
The NFL said in the memo that “consuming large quantities of meat while visiting those particular countries may resutl in a positive test for clenbuterol in violation of the Policy,” the league said.

Clenbuterol is not TBol. I know farmers use steroids in cattle, but I have no idea if you could test positive for something like TBol from consuming meat. Clen and TBol are just entirely different chemicals that really aren't comparable at all.

Tbh, Frank needs some Clen. His belly is out of control.

Last edited:
What's also unfortunate is how people will say Mir and Machida's legacies are "tainted" and how they were "steroid junkies" even though if you actually know the details of both situations, that's not the case. The "guilty until proven innocent" culture that comes with stuff like USADA is fucking retarded and always has been.

This. #KoneKnows

There's not much hope so long as USADA is allowed to witch-hunt fighters and screw them over because of "trace amounts" of some worthless shit, over the counter stuff you can get at GNC, or flat-out bullshit like marijuana.

While also banning IVs for no logical reason, which literally puts fighters in MORE physical danger.

USADA is worse than steroids at this point.
Even if USADA is overly strict how on earth could you make a statement like they are worse than steroids? We can all agree that with USADA in place you aren't going into a fight with help, and when lives are literally at stake that's crucial. As for the fighters it's obviously tough situation but being that this is their job maybe they should monitor what they put into their body. Are you a Machida fan or something?

Yeah Frank is too smart a guy for me to buy into bullshit like that. He's definitely too smart to flunk a fight night test. Notorious juicers have passed those.

Sucks about Machida and I'm hardly a fan. I blame Nick Curson though, that man is clearly ignorant considering his line of work.

These sentences don't seem to go together, if Mir is too smart then how did he fail?

These sentences don't seem to go together, if Mir is too smart then how did he fail?
What I am saying is I don't believe he used intentionally. Look at the timeline @KONE laid out and that much makes sense for me.

Hope? I hope Frank Mir retires. That's what I hope. Dude's been knocked out visciously too many times in his career.
I thought he was gonna after Brock turned his face into chewed bubblegum. He seems fine though. If he feels he could keep going, I don't mind. Mir is a GOAT.

We can all agree that with USADA in place you aren't going into a fight with help, and when lives are literally at stake that's crucial.

You are very naive.

Are you a Machida fan or something?

The guy with the Mousasi avatar that bumped multiple threads when Machida got busted is totally objective, of course

You are very naive.

The guy with the Mousasi avatar that bumped multiple threads when Machida got busted is totally objective, of course
I'd rather be naive than concerning myself with conspiracy theories. There's no denying USADA, even if over stepping their bounds, have made the sport cleaner. That's a good thing in my eyes, and if the consequences are anything less than mortal injury in the cage I'll take it. This has nothing to do with subjectivity, unless you find a general preference towards fighter safety to be subjective here.

Considering Mir's drastic gain of 30 plus pounds of muscle post brock loss in 5 months time, and that he was legally on TRT... I will remain highly skeptical

I don't like to point fingers at anybody because it's hard to tell if they are truthful or not. I believe MMA and pro sports as a whole uses peds in the shadows. So every time I hear someone who gets popped for peds state it was tainted products, I just want to roll my eyes. Not because they took it, and that they have to lie to continue to do what they love, but because the general public will probably believe them. Now I am not saying there aren't cases where people have taken peds without knowing it, I just think it's truly rare.

Mir has been on the juice for years. When he bulked up to 260lbs with a fucking sixpack after losing to Carwin and Brock everyone should have already known then. Then he was 240 in his next fight. You dont do that in your mid to late 30s without the juice.

Listened to his podcast where he talked about this, also the Chael podcast he was on. It certainly sounds very strange the apparent timing of when he allegedly used the PED. However I would expect the commission to still ban him for a year or so.

I'd rather be naive than concerning myself with conspiracy theories. There's no denying USADA, even if over stepping their bounds, have made the sport cleaner. That's a good thing in my eyes, and if the consequences are anything less than mortal injury in the cage I'll take it. This has nothing to do with subjectivity, unless you find a general preference towards fighter safety to be subjective here.

No one is concerning themselves with conspiracy theories. Try actually reading through the thread as opposed to replying to the first reply. And yes, you are very naive. Glad we have that settled.

Mir has been on the juice for years. When he bulked up to 260lbs with a fucking sixpack after losing to Carwin and Brock everyone should have already known then. Then he was 240 in his next fight. You dont do that in your mid to late 30s without the juice.

As per usual you are outrageously uninformed about anything remotely Mir related. He didn't come in at 240 for his next fight, nor was he still interested in weight training "after losing to Carwin." He went back to being ~255-260 for the Crocop fight and after. He wasn't in his fucking mid to late 30s either lmao.

He was always ~255, was extremely cut for UFC 100 and came in at 245, then went up to 265 for Kongo/Carwin since it was the first time he ever did any serious weight training. This "Mir gained 50 pounds of muscle" meme came from a video by Mark Philippi where he was obviously exaggerating which anyone with half a brain could've noticed if they just went back and did some research.

Afterwards he stopped weight training since he decided he didn't even fight like a powerful fighter, and wanted to be more technical and crafty. Then he reverted back to his natural weight and started coming in at 255 to 260.

Frank is movie star now. Dat sharknado 4 money

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/04/duane-brown-mexico-meat/

ESPN reported the NFL Players Association was able to prove to the league that Brown’s tainted test came from consuming too much meat during his trip. Receipts show that Brown ate about 10 burgers and two steaks in Mexico.
The NFL said in the memo that “consuming large quantities of meat while visiting those particular countries may resutl in a positive test for clenbuterol in violation of the Policy,” the league said.

How do you get from clentbuterol in Mexico (clen is used in mexico and china in beef production, banned everywhere else but very few livestock controls in those countries)

to

Steroid in Australian Kangaroos?

What next?

Epo in Canadian chickens?

Stanozololo in Brazilian chickens?

There is absolutely nolink between Clen in Mexican beef and Turinabol in Australian Kangaroos..

And the so called "media" that have been parading this over twitter for the last two days (which i assume is where you got it) are fucking idiots

There's not much hope so long as USADA is allowed to witch-hunt fighters and screw them over because of "trace amounts" of some worthless shit, over the counter stuff you can get at GNC, or flat-out bullshit like marijuana.

While also banning IVs for no logical reason, which literally puts fighters in MORE physical danger.

USADA is worse than steroids at this point.

You know IV's are used to mask ped use, which i why they are banned under teh wada code.

Fighters can still have IV's if there is a verifiable medical need.

Back