Honest Question: - Why Did Conor's British Personality End Up Running The Game?

I fucked up here, in that Dublin is NOT northern Ireland. My bad. I was lazy and trolling a bit. But the fact remains that Northern Island is part of UK, and as such, is technically British. My bad. Thank you for teaching me.

Well yeah no shit... Dublin is not part of Northern Ireland?? Thousands have fought & died in recent years (I mean as recently as 1970s-2010s) over this issue. So to act with such ignorance is just not acceptable unfortunately.

As you are now aware... as far as Brits/Irish are concerned this is an incredibly emotive issue. Hence the huge reaction to the initial insinuation that Conor McGregor is British. ESPECIALLY after walking out to songs like "The Foggy Dew" which could not be any more anti-British if they tried.

Yes, good news you have realised that Northern Ireland is part of the UK. But Conor McGregor is not from Northern Ireland, therefore he is most certainly not British in any way shape or form.

dude just stop. you are so fucking dumb. why not just look it up for yourself, is that so hard?

confusing british with english? so are scotland and wales in england now?

lnr4ah.gif

You’re confusing british with english. There’s a difference.

I was wrong in stating that Conor was British. Dublin is not part of northern ireland, and as such, not part of UK.

Please research what the term british means and you’ll understand where I was coming from.

Oh, I'm so sorry tough guy. #
This post alone shows you're clear ignorance and lack of knowledge regarding these issues.

The Scottish want nothing to do with England? The Scottish recently voted heavily in favour of remaining part of the United Kingdom. They had an indpendence referendum, of which the majority of Scottish citizens voted against. They do not consider themselves English by any means... that is due to the individual nationalities present within the country that is the UK... but the Scottish still clearly wish to remain part of the UK, as their referendum results proved.

But whilst you have grouped the "Irish and Scottish" together. You fail to recognise the fact that the Irish are a completely different country. They are absolutely nothing to do with the country that is the United Kingdom. You have shown your ignorance by completely overlooking the intricate political problems which have plagued both Northern Ireland and Scotland for over a hundred years. By grouping the "Irish and Scottish" together you have assumed that both these cultures are one contiguous group, rather than realising the truth which is that both Scotland and Northern Ireland are heavily divided along religious lines... which has fuelled the unfortunate violence in both nations (more notably Northern Ireland) for generations.

The term Great Britain is synonymous with United Kingdom, but neither terms are synonymous in any way whatsoever with The Republic of Ireland.

Basically, if you don't understand the problem... don't try and comment on it. Simple. Without meaning to generalise, Americans without basic knowledge of European history will never understand. So many Americans claim to be Irish... but if they don't understand the animosity between Ireland and the UK (two very different countries) they surely cannot be truly Irish.

Oh, I'm so sorry, tough guy! #tikitorches #MAGA #trump

This post alone shows you're clear ignorance and lack of knowledge regarding these issues.

The Scottish want nothing to do with England? The Scottish recently voted heavily in favour of remaining part of the United Kingdom. They had an indpendence referendum, of which the majority of Scottish citizens voted against. They do not consider themselves English by any means... that is due to the individual nationalities present within the country that is the UK... but the Scottish still clearly wish to remain part of the UK, as their referendum results proved.

But whilst you have grouped the "Irish and Scottish" together. You fail to recognise the fact that the Irish are a completely different country. They are absolutely nothing to do with the country that is the United Kingdom. You have shown your ignorance by completely overlooking the intricate political problems which have plagued both Northern Ireland and Scotland for over a hundred years. By grouping the "Irish and Scottish" together you have assumed that both these cultures are one contiguous group, rather than realising the truth which is that both Scotland and Northern Ireland are heavily divided along religious lines... which has fuelled the unfortunate violence in both nations (more notably Northern Ireland) for generations.

The term Great Britain is synonymous with United Kingdom, but neither terms are synonymous in any way whatsoever with The Republic of Ireland.

Basically, if you don't understand the problem... don't try and comment on it. Simple. Without meaning to generalise, Americans without basic knowledge of European history will never understand. So many Americans claim to be Irish... but if they don't understand the animosity between Ireland and the UK (two very different countries) they surely cannot be truly Irish.

I’m trying to keep it light. No
one wants to read a thesis. Sorry for appearing to lump
Scotland and Ireland as one, it wasn’t my intent. But Northern Ireland is part of UK, is it not?

I know that ireland and scotland are different countries with different histories and cultures. My grandmother is Irish. I get it.

My point is this; The term british can refer to anyone in the UK. Whether they’re part of the UK and don’t want to be is irrelevant. Legally speaking, UK= British.

And I was not aware of Scotlands stance on being part of UK. I was ignorant on that matter.

It’s my understanding that Northern Ireland is not as receptive. Even Americans are aware of the IRA.

Last edited:
.....more to do with the UFC being desperate to fill the hole that Rousey left behind.

They loved the extra numbers bump they got from the TMZ crowd and when she fell, wanted to create another personality that the casual consumer would eat up.

Say fook a hundred times per interview with a corny accent=UFC gold.

Why blame the poor British for Conor, they lost an empire wasn't that enough?

Well yeah no shit... Dublin is not part of Northern Ireland?? Thousands have fought & died in recent years (I mean as recently as 1970s-2010s) over this issue. So to act with such ignorance is just not acceptable unfortunately.

As you are now aware... as far as Brits/Irish are concerned this is an incredibly emotive issue. Hence the huge reaction to the initial insinuation that Conor McGregor is British. ESPECIALLY after walking out to songs like "The Foggy Dew" which could not be any more anti-British if they tried.

Yes, good news you have realised that Northern Ireland is part of the UK. But Conor McGregor is not from Northern Ireland, therefore he is most certainly not British in any way shape or form.

This discussion has humbled me. Thanks for the enlightenment.

I’m trying to keep it light. No
one wants to read a thesis. Sorry for appearing to lump
Scotland and Ireland as one, it wasn’t my intent. But Northern Ireland is part of UK, is it not?

I know that ireland and scotland are different countries with different histories and cultures. My grandmother is Irish. I get it.

My point is this; The term british can refer to anyone in the UK. Whether they’re part of the UK and don’t want to be is irrelevant. Legally speaking, UK= British.

And I was not aware of Scotlands stance on being part of UK. I was ignorant on that matter.

It’s my understanding that Northern Ireland is not as receptive. Even Americans are aware of the IRA.

Ok apologies my friend, maybe I went in a little heavy. Just over this side of the pond the whole "British/Irish" issue is taken a little more seriously. That's just down to recent history and I appreciate the rest of the world aren't necessarily aware of such issues.

Just to respond to your main point - yes the term British can refer to anyone in the UK. Just as long as you understand that the republic of Ireland is not part of the UK. Whereas Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

Northern Ireland as a nation within the UK is totally separate from the republic of Ireland. Just the same as North Korea is totally separate from South Korea. And Canada is totally separate from the USA.

You’re confusing british with english. There’s a difference.

I was wrong in stating that Conor was British. Dublin is not part of northern ireland, and as such, not part of UK.

Please research what the term british means and you’ll understand where I was coming from.

how about i research you contradicting yourself all the time in this thread and maintaining a pompous attitude throughout

fuck off and go home, you failed. like, try again tomorrow or something

how about i research you contradicting yourself all the time in this thread and maintaining a pompous attitude throughout

fuck off and go home, you failed. like, try again tomorrow or something

My bro, british=UK, and northern ireland=UK, hence, northern ireland =british.

My only mistake was being ignorant in that Conor is from Dublin, which is not northern ireland, so he isnt british. I owned it.

What’s shocking is the number of people who jumped my shit and didn’t even understand that calling someone british isn’t the same as calling them English. You’re probably one of them. Hopefully you learned something.

Last edited:
The Irish and the English are basically the same thing. Ya'll need to calm the hell down and focus on the real enemy, the filthy French animals.

_87862324_488226322.jpg

Potato and lime in harmony.

Oh sorry my friend...

... Sorry your joke was about as funny as a pile of shit that I trod in once on a stroll through streatham common and I tried every bench to scrape it off, but that shit was sticky as fuck and was having none of it.

Yeah fuck you... you absolute melt
i just try to participate when i can. thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back