Honest Question: - Why Did Conor's British Personality End Up Running The Game?

Not all of it. But as someone just said, an Irishman can identify as British if they like.

He can also identify as Zimbabwean as stated. Or Martian. Or Sherddoggish.

Or Trolololo which you are.

Dude, I understand that Irish and Scottish want nothing to do with England. I’m 2nd generation Irish. I get it. And I understand that and Irishman would fight you if you called him British. But the fact remains, they’re still part of UK, and British can refer to anyone in UK.
So it can refer to Conor McGregor? A guy who doesn't and never has lived in the UK?

Can I refer to you as Canadian or Mexican?

Ireland is not part of the UK.

Welsh, Catholic Northern Irish and Scots generally do not identify as British. Englishmen call themselves English or British.

Ask your parent and your grandparent if they are British. They are not nationally or geographically.
You are confusing things.northern Ireland is indeed a part of the UK. British and UK are not the same thing

I understand what Great Britain proper is. But, the term British can refer to anyone in the Uk. Northern Ireland is prt of the UK. Techinically, TS isn't wrong.

Man... seriously no disrespect but you are talking so much shit.

And like it or not... TS very much IS wrong on this point. You got every Brit/Irish vouching for that right now.

The term British can refer to anyone in the UK. Which as I've already said, consists of England, Scotland and Wales (the island of Great Britain)... PLUS Northern Ireland. The island which is split into The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain. So, yes citizens of Northern Ireland are certainly British... citizens of The Republic of Ireland (Conor McGregor etc.) are most certainly not British. And they fought a war which is actually still ongoing to this day to make sure that was the case.

If you think you're educated enough in western European history to make definitive claims about the separate nationalities amongst the British isles... then at least recognise the meaning behind such songs as "The Foggy Dew" which Conor himself walks out to.

Long story cut short... the Irish and British are two very different nations, with very different identities based on hundreds of years of conflict. The ignorance of labelling an Irish person as effectively "British" is astounding.

Go to an Irish pub on St Patrick’s day and call the guy opposite you a Brit.

You’re shit at semantics and geography smart ass.

Great Britain is England, Wales and Scotland. The isle of Ireland is next door and includes Ireland and Northern Ireland.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain

On a real note, I never got Great Britain, United Kingdom; Is it like Koreans, Chinese, Japanese all a type of Asian?

You are correct but Northern Ireland is part of the UK let’s forgive the pea brain

Northern ireland. Please forgive the transgression. The larger issue here is that people are flaming TS for calling Conor a Britt. While offensive and not in-line with what most irishmen think, it’s not the same as calling an american a european, or a canadian and australian.

I was always a huge fan of Nick Diaz.

But, the dude obviously wasn't a Business Man.
Is that a typo? Do you need me to edit your title from Running the game to Ruining the game?

Northern ireland. Please forgive the transgression. The larger issue here is that people are flaming TS for calling Conor a Britt. While offensive and not in-line with what most irishmen think, it’s not the same as calling an american a european, or a canadian and australian.

It is.

Actually, considering Ireland and Britain were fighting for several hundred years it's probably worse.

Man... seriously no disrespect but you are talking so much shit.

And like it or not... TS very much IS wrong on this point. You got every Brit/Irish vouching for that right now.

The term British can refer to anyone in the UK. Which as I've already said, consists of England, Scotland and Wales (the island of Great Britain)... PLUS Northern Ireland. The island which is split into The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain. So, yes citizens of Northern Ireland are certainly British... citizens of The Republic of Ireland (Conor McGregor etc.) are most certainly not British. And they fought a war which is actually still ongoing to this day to make sure that was the case.

If you think you're educated enough in western European history to make definitive claims about the separate nationalities amongst the British isles... then at least recognise the meaning behind such songs as "The Foggy Dew" which Conor himself walks out to.

Long story cut short... the Irish and British are two very different nations, with very different identities based on hundreds of years of conflict. The ignorance of labelling an Irish person as effectively "British" is astounding.

I fucked up here, in that Dublin is NOT northern Ireland. My bad. I was lazy and trolling a bit. But the fact remains that Northern Island is part of UK, and as such, is technically British. My bad. Thank you for teaching me.

Too many idiots in here for my liking. Being from the UK does not make you
British. Being from great BRITAIN does .clearly neither the republic or Northern Ireland are a part of great Britain so technically neither are British although Northern Irish are both Irish and from the UK.

It is.

Actually, considering Ireland and Britain were fighting for several hundred years it's probably worse.

Again, I failed to make the distinction between northern ireland and the rest. Dublin is not northern ireland, and consequently, not part of UK. My bad. I was lazy

Too many idiots in here for my liking. Being from the UK does not make you
British. Being from great BRITAIN does .clearly neither the republic or Northern Ireland are a part of great British so technically neither are British although Northern Irish are both Irish and from the UK.

British can refer to UK, not just Great britain proper.

Northern ireland. Please forgive the transgression. The larger issue here is that people are flaming TS for calling Conor a Britt. While offensive and not in-line with what most irishmen think, it’s not the same as calling an american a european

Calling an American a European would be more accurate than calling an Irish person British, because the majority of Americans trace their origins to Europe, whereas the majority of Irish don't trace their origins to Britain.

Calling an American a European would be more accurate than calling an Irish person British, because the majority of Americans trace their origins to Europe, whereas the majority of Irish don't trace their origins to Britain.
I wouldn’t bother pal. You are trying to reason with a retard here.

Dude, I understand that Irish and Scottish want nothing to do with England. I’m 2nd generation Irish. I get it. And I understand that and Irishman would fight you if you called him British. But the fact remains, they’re still part of UK, and British can refer to anyone in UK.

This post alone shows you're clear ignorance and lack of knowledge regarding these issues.

The Scottish want nothing to do with England? The Scottish recently voted heavily in favour of remaining part of the United Kingdom. They had an indpendence referendum, of which the majority of Scottish citizens voted against. They do not consider themselves English by any means... that is due to the individual nationalities present within the country that is the UK... but the Scottish still clearly wish to remain part of the UK, as their referendum results proved.

But whilst you have grouped the "Irish and Scottish" together. You fail to recognise the fact that the Irish are a completely different country. They are absolutely nothing to do with the country that is the United Kingdom. You have shown your ignorance by completely overlooking the intricate political problems which have plagued both Northern Ireland and Scotland for over a hundred years. By grouping the "Irish and Scottish" together you have assumed that both these cultures are one contiguous group, rather than realising the truth which is that both Scotland and Northern Ireland are heavily divided along religious lines... which has fuelled the unfortunate violence in both nations (more notably Northern Ireland) for generations.

On a real note, I never got Great Britain, United Kingdom; Is it like Koreans, Chinese, Japanese all a type of Asian?

The term Great Britain is synonymous with United Kingdom, but neither terms are synonymous in any way whatsoever with The Republic of Ireland.

Basically, if you don't understand the problem... don't try and comment on it. Simple. Without meaning to generalise, Americans without basic knowledge of European history will never understand. So many Americans claim to be Irish... but if they don't understand the animosity between Ireland and the UK (two very different countries) they surely cannot be truly Irish.

UK encompasses Ireland. And technically, British can refer to anyone residing in the UK.

I think you’re confusing British with English.

dude just stop. you are so fucking dumb. why not just look it up for yourself, is that so hard?

confusing british with english? so are scotland and wales in england now?

lnr4ah.gif

He has an accent and a ginger beard, who else has a ginger beard in the UFC? <GOT2>

Back