Homeschooling Children

Yeah all that science and history bullshit is pushing an agenda and indoctrinating our children. We need to keep them at home so we can make them read the bible every day and learn TRUTH (read: push an agenda and indoctrinate them, except with make-believe instead)!

I honestly believe that you people should home school your children. Maybe under your brilliant tutelage they can become miserable failures and filter themselves out of the gene pool naturally.

"All that science and history", lol.

Homeschooled kids outperform public schooled by an incredibly wide margin, that includes science and history. Science and history are not taught in terrific amounts (or well) at public schools, let me assure anyone out there with doubts.

Your post is worthless because it pretends that there isn't a curriculum for homeschooled kids, it's not even relevant in terms of joking or sarcasm.

I hope you realize that when you argue with these schoolyard "tactics" you are not helping your cause, despite what you'd like to imagine, it's likely doing the opposite. You would get a failing grade even in public school for a presentation like that.

Yes but as parents your influence is the greatest when it comes to molding your child's beliefs if you take an active part in their education.
Yes, and that's a good thing.

It is a problem but not much different if you had multiple teachers in each grade.
Not always possible. I believe this is also a contributing factor as to why homeschooling is much more popular in rural areas of the United States.

This problem also lies with letting your child go to church. I am assuming there are good and bad preachers that do good or bad in molding your child's mind.

I have a general negative view of religion though I am sure you know where I believe indoctrination is the worst...

In your opinion, what is a worse influence on children?

Christianity

Or

Cultural Marxism

As a father, I see it as one of my highest duties to protect my daughter's young mind from the brain rot that is nihilism and moral relativism.

Wouldn't be my 1st choice unless the school district is awful or dangerous. I feel like they'd miss out on the important social aspects of going to school with other children. Obviously private or a charter school would be preferable to both.

It's a great way to educate your kids if you are committed, but if you know you aren't a strongly consistent person, you need to take that into account as a parent.

This. One needs to recognize the fact that they might indoctrinate their children as well. I dont know if I would trust myself to not color a kid's education with my political, moral or social views, even unintentionally. You would care about your children, so it seems rather likely you would tell them the truth as you see it.

High level of consistency is needed, indeed.

In your opinion, what is a worse influence on children?

Christianity

Or

Cultural Marxism

As a father, I see it as one of my highest duties to protect my daughter's young mind from the brain rot that is nihilism and moral relativism.

Cultural Marxism (assuming you are talking about veiled communism through progressive opinions) is bullshit to me first of all. Its a right wing made up fantasy that doesn't exist IRL.

So I believe Christianity is way worse.

I generally operate on logic. If it makes sense to me it makes sense to me. Religion doesn't make sense to me. It's an archaic form of governance that was required when most people were not educated. This country has long ago reached a point when we should stop relying on religion to dictate what others should be doing. This country was started by people migrating here for the purpose of living the way they want to live...

Cultural Marxism (assuming you are talking about veiled communism through progressive opinions) is bullshit to me first of all. Its a right wing made up fantasy that doesn't exist IRL.

So I believe Christianity is way worse.

I generally operate on logic. If it makes sense to me it makes sense to me. Religion doesn't make sense to me. It's an archaic form of governance that was required when most people were not educated. This country has long ago reached a point when we should stop relying on religion to dictate what others should be doing. This country was started by people migrating here for the purpose of living the way they want to live...
So you simply don't believe that the greatest brain rot corrupting our youth even exists?

I will continue to believe the evidence of my very own eyes.

Have yourself a good day.

It was more of a joke really, but I think regular daily social interaction is much more important for development than protecting kids from information their parents might not want them to have access to by keeping them out of school.
How many kids do you have? - serious, if you can be for a second

"All that science and history", lol.

Homeschooled kids outperform public schooled by an incredibly wide margin, that includes science and history. Science and history are not taught in terrific amounts (or well) at public schools, let me assure anyone out there with doubts.

Your post is worthless because it pretends that there isn't a curriculum for homeschooled kids, it's not even relevant in terms of joking or sarcasm.

I hope you realize that when you argue with these schoolyard "tactics" you are not helping your cause, despite what you'd like to imagine, it's likely doing the opposite. You would get a failing grade even in public school for a presentation like that.
Both my kids were/are home schooled. The oldest, 23 has an associates in structural engineering from a local school and just got accepted to Clemson on a full ride scholarship for a masters. She got married end of last year, her husband has a BA in Robotic's engineering and is on the fast track at Bosch.
My youngest, 15, is a senior now, and working on a Construction Management degree in her spare time. She plans on taking over the family business.

In short, it's worked out well for me (both girls)

Just sharing

If...you genuinely can teach equal to or better than a trained professional in all the subjects taught in school...

Except there's not convincing evidence that teaching credentials affect student outcomes.

The question with homeschooling always comes down to if you can, and will, actually put the time in for your kids. You can get them involved in sports, martial arts, dance, 4H, etc., to allow them the social interaction and fun that they need, so that isn't as much of a concern as people think.

I really wish I could home school my kids, especially my daughter who is brilliant, as so much of school is geared toward getting low to mid range students to score well enough on standardized testing that it is basically just free day care for more gifted children. And Common Core math may just be the stupidest fucking thing in the history of western civilization.

The question with homeschooling always comes down to if you can, and will, actually put the time in for your kids. You can get them involved in sports, martial arts, dance, 4H, etc., to allow them the social interaction and fun that they need, so that isn't as much of a concern as people think.

I really wish I could home school my kids, especially my daughter who is brilliant, as so much of school is geared toward getting low to mid range students to score well enough on standardized testing that it is basically just free day care for more gifted children. And Common Core math may just be the stupidest fucking thing in the history of western civilization.

Sometimes it seems schools do their best to hold gifted children back.

i'm lucky i live in an area with a great school district. if i lived in an area with subpar school system, i'd probably consider it

I dated a girl who was homeschooled in high school. She was horny as shit but the weirdest person I'd met. Because she wasn't in school she just didn't have the same interests as most people so it was boring to be around her. But again, very horny. She even kind of weirded me out in the sack though and I found out she was telling all of the people she worked with some pretty intimate details (and they weren't interested). Looking back it was really odd behavior, but I was 17 so who gave a shit?

For.

During non school hours, enroll them in sports/activities where they can get socialized in a more monitored environment. And you can be familiar with the other parents, in case of conflict.

Looking at what's going on in colleges and uni its not a bad idea to keep them away. They're almost forcing kids to become liberal jellyfish or feel like scum.

Lol wut mate?

Historicity. Do even know what that means? You realize everything we assume we know about Rome comes from this and it's largely sole provider in the Roman historian Tacitus.

And the yet the Bible blows this standard through the roof. Just the New Testament alone sets a bench mark that no other ancient civilization in the world can hold a stick to.

Control with fear? Were you born today genius? The message of the Bible is Good News, God loves you and has brought you home through the blood atonement of Christ, no more pain or suffering, all tears to be wiped away. Yeah sounds super scary bruh.

But keep believing in aliens.
Historicity is the actuality of history and god has none. You still haven't shown me a single shrewd of evidence god exists.
There are no physical facts and no evidence of existence aside from he said she said...
Do you know what facts are, it is not the same as assumption or poetic translation of a politician.
Tacitus wrote history as a politician 70 years after the death of Jesus. So you are exactly right it was an assumption at best ful of bias.
Imagine the tools he had to verify anything that happened 70 years before he wrote it 56 AD?!?!?!
That's like you writing about Jewish civilization in the 1940s from memory with no history lesson or text book as a reference and only your ignorant nieve beliefs on the acts of christian dictators ffs.
The only bench mark the new testament blows away is the fact that more human lives where destroyed in the name of christianity than any other religion or group period. You seem to ignore that for your own devices but pick the parts of historicity you agree with.
Then you want me to believe the bible is "Good News" and an imaginary fellow who through his virgin born son who suffered has brought me home and there will be an imaginary city in the clouds where I will be freed from pain suffering and tears?
Fuck yeah that sounds scary and insane!

I can't even articulate how stupid it is to assume I believe in little grey people by the few comments I've made here so I will just say what the fuck??? to that.

But keep believing in your silly little city in the clouds.

Nobody parties harder in college than home schooled kids. Once they become legal adults they have no social skills or idea of self control because of their sheltered environment (Usually raised by conservative, lower middle class, religious parents)

I'd like to think there are exceptions to this but I've never seen or heard of one.

As a whole I think they miss out of so many social aspects of school that help them deal with situations later in life. I think most parents who do it are jaded and are afraid of the things their child will learn at a public or private school.

I coach softball and one of the girls who is 11 is home schooled and is without question the most socially awkward kid on the team. She rarely smiles, doesn't interact with the other girls and her mom sits there for every practice when most parents drop their kids off. Of course they can be successful adults but I don't see too many benefits to be honest

Had a very similar situation in little league. We had a home schooled kid on the team and he was painfully awkward. Sickly pale from lack of sun too.

A former coworker had 4 kids being home schooled by his wife, but that was because she had such severe anxiety that she was terrified to be apart from her kids longer than 5 minutes. He said they tried public school but she just sat in the parking lot losing her mind. Those kids are going to be fucked up.

TBH I don't see much upside unless you need to control all your kids thoughts. Not that public schools are perfect but still.

Back