Homeschooling Children

Half of the school experience is about learning social skills and being around different people in terms of gender, color, cultural background... it's how kids learn to be part of society.

Not saying homeschooling doesn't work, it sure can, but it's too much of a gamble.

Also, if you're afraid your kid will be exposed to different ideas you're terrified of and he ends up adhering to them, either he's a dimwit and you failed your job to begin with or you are one. It's probably you though.

Had a very similar situation in little league. We had a home schooled kid on the team and he was painfully awkward. Sickly pale from lack of sun too.

A former coworker had 4 kids being home schooled by his wife, but that was because she had such severe anxiety that she was terrified to be apart from her kids longer than 5 minutes. He said they tried public school but she just sat in the parking lot losing her mind. Those kids are going to be fucked up.

TBH I don't see much upside unless you need to control all your kids thoughts. Not that public schools are perfect but still.

Lol I don't think what you described is a stable home. I was just thinking off the top of my head, I thought it'd be cool that's all.

Not going to happen though it Would seem. And if I did I'd teach him through a biblical perspective pointing out that society has gone nuts.

I know a lot of people that were home schooled (although mostly younger than me, boarding school was still the option for my age group).
Anecdotally (and the group I know might not be representative of broader home schooling for various reasons), I'd say only about half of them had significant social issues and most of those seem to have recovered by their mid-20s.

TS you seem like a religious nut I don't think home schooling is for you unless you want to go all Waco

When you teach someone the gospel, you are teaching them TRUTH, which leads to Christ, which leads to life.

You also get to teach them good secondary skills of grammar, math, and basic (useful) sciences, history and economics. All of which is equally taught at schools. So they lose out on what exactly?
If by truth you mean a made up book designed to control stupid people then OK

Well in this day and age it would be the same as me asking a devout atheist to send to his child to a Christian school. Would you be up for that sir?
If it had good teachers and a focus on the 3 R's then hell yes but only if there were no Priests allowed on school grounds as I don't want my children raped.

That's one thing the Christians got right fo shore!... lol
Haha Churches sell more shit than a 7/11 but still preach Jesus cleansing of the temples lol
Christianity may have been good at one time but man and America have perverted it beyond recognition

And if I did I'd teach him through a biblical perspective pointing out that society has gone nuts.

That doctrine is obsolete by 2000 years old. Society is better than it has ever been than any other point in time.

most of the homeschool'd kids i met were very weird.

Except your videos are nonsense and the ones I posted are factual.

you bite your tongue! How dare you call Charles Bradley's hit song 'The World Is Going Up in Flames' "nonsense"

GqIgy.gif

you bite your tongue! How dare you call Charles Bradley's hit song 'The World Is Going Up in Flames' "nonsense"

GqIgy.gif

How dare you post a song in response to an intellectual discussion. Wrong context bro.

I think this is shifted from an issue of religious freedom to an issue of intellectual advantage. Political correctness is far more crippling than most religions in its inaccuracy and stupidity & public schools were already lowest common denominator environments. Alternative education routes could give children a head-start in the real world.

I was simultaneously homeschooled while attending public school full-time. I can't really recall learning anything in public school other than what boner/cunt meant and that the lighter your skin is the less you should speak. Then I would go home and learn college algebra in exchange for a new toy.

the social skills learned in school are more important than the actual subject material

you can shield them from it, but lots of formerly homeschooled kids are lambs for the slaughter once theyre released out into the world

plus theyre going to miss out on a lot of experiences. for example, i wouldve missed out on high school wrestling, girls i met at school, friends etc. life is too short to hide from it

i think the best course is public or private schools, combined with good parenting and discussing things with your children after school. you dont have to let the school raise your children, you can still teach them in the evening

I know a lot of people that were home schooled (although mostly younger than me, boarding school was still the option for my age group).
Anecdotally (and the group I know might not be representative of broader home schooling for various reasons), I'd say only about half of them had significant social issues and most of those seem to have recovered by their mid-20s.

if a school caused significant social issues lasting until the mid 20s in half its students, it would be shut down.

Back