Homeschooling Children

So the outside world is full of drug users and transgenders? You don't think you're capable of teaching your kids what's right and wrong and don't trust them enough to make it in the world? Being social is also a huge part of becoming a contributing member of society. Kids need to socialize.

i'm not saying there is anything necessarily wrong with public schools.

i went to them. My kid socializes just fine. But school is an artificial atmosphere or a popularity contest. What your status is in school means absolutely nothing after you graduate. How many of the "cool kids" just end up as dopers after school? Or vice versa- really means absolutely nothing.

ah I see,

Because I got freaked out by my other colleagues at the Music teaching agency, because I found out some very nasty things about them, and I just decided to leave the private teaching industry because its filled with Pedos I don't want to be associated with those people really creep me out.

I mean we fired one teacher after another and the replacements have uncontrolled Pedo tendencies there is really no way for us to investigate their backgrounds and I am not taking that chance some major abuse will happen while I am teaching for them.

Then the following year I went back to University to continue my studies just to found out the head of the Music department got fired for sexual harassment and not long after that a senior priest which is also our Orchestra Master was investigated for sex abuse, he allegedly abused some Kids in Texas in the late 70s but the Catholic University did not do anything. It just went bonkers so I just decided to get another Job!

that sounds pretty disgusting.

Though stuff is everywhere....seems like it's prominent in the catholic church

i'm not saying there is anything necessarily wrong with public schools.

i went to them. My kid socializes just fine. But school is an artificial atmosphere or a popularity contest. What your status is in school means absolutely nothing after you graduate. How many of the "cool kids" just end up as dopers after school? Or vice versa- really means absolutely nothing.

School is exposure to real life, different people, different beliefs. If you want to raise sheltered children that is fine. I won't.

School is exposure to real life, different people, different beliefs. If you want to raise sheltered children that is fine. I won't.

My kid isn't sheltered.

And the option isn't even available to me at this time cause his mom isn't on board. But i'd give it a shot.

It holds merit because it is true. I, you or anyone in all of human history will never live a life that is equal to the standard of Christ.
Standard? Are you kiding with this shit? Do you listen to how ignorant you sound? Jesus might have lived a decent moral life but that is about all we can tell from real history and facts, to accept something written and re translated over multiple languages hundreds of times over as truth or fact is naive at best.
There is not on single shrewd of evidence that " god" even exists yet you state it as pure fact.
You are the perfect christian apologists who has fallen in line with the reason religion was born! Control the masses with fear of punishment.
Sun was god until we figured that out remember?

My Wife and I were homeschooling our daughter from January to July of this year. This was due to health reasons.

She's now in wonderful health and is now back in public school with her friends.

The drawbacks of homeschooling are way overblown. You simply need to set goals, and a plan to achieve those goals.

If anyone has any questions about homeschooling, I would be more than happy to answer them.

I would definitely consider it if i had a girl, but for a boy i think it would make him too weak. Boys need to get beatup on the schoolyard in preparation for real life.

My kid isn't sheltered.

And the option isn't even available to me at this time cause his mom isn't on board. But i'd give it a shot.

I can see if a kid was having issues in public school, but I generally don't agree with homeschooling.

I would definitely consider it if i had a girl, but for a boy i think it would make him too weak. Boys need to get beatup on the schoolyard in preparation for real life.

Smart idea, keep your girl away from boys when she is young. By the time she is 14...

Use your imagination

Smart idea, keep your girl away from boys when she is young. By the time she is 14...

Use your imagination

Belive me i know what goes on in public school, and it certainly cant be worse.

that sounds pretty disgusting.

Though stuff is everywhere....seems like it's prominent in the catholic church

It is prominent in the RC and other teaching institutions like Music agency I worked for before we mostly teach Children and most of them are teen girls so they naturally attract musicians who are also a pedophile.

I am the one assigned to teach the young girls but this other teacher who is teaches adult class boldly asked me to take pictures of my students which is a red flag to me because he insist it and I caught him openly talking to the other teachers how hot some of the teen girls studying there.

I reported him to my Boss and he got fired, so after a month they got this new guy who I actually know from our university I recommended him!! he was assigned to teach 3 sisters in their home but after a month he said he will be taking a leave and asked me to take over so he gave me all the briefing slides and the lesson plan, and on my first day as substitute teacher I got a text message from him asking me if I already tried to peak under their skirts told me not too because I should just focus on teaching them.

That just creep the fuck out of me he is probably doing it him self said he is just joking and just can't help him self make that snarky joke because he thinks the Kids are cute.

At that point I just had enough good thing he resigned already but after I finished my contract I just told my boss just to hire female teachers so she can avoid problems with perverts.

And as I have mentioned here some of the kids we teach are from very wealthy families and you don't to have issues with those people.

Depends on the parent(s) who are doing homeschooling...

But even then they will generally be labeled as social outcast for much of their school lives. Kids tend to be mean to those that are radically different from us and this would qualify...
Not true.

My daughter was home-schooled for a time, she's just been put back into public school. Her friends were happy to see her again, and greeted her back into the circle of friendship as if she had never left.

Children aren't inherently cruel. Children's subject to cruelty, will act out cruelty. It's the old axion "Hurt people hurt people."

I suppose its fine if you are scared they will be exposed to ideas you dont agree with.

I think it is more that public schools are pushing an agenda. They are indoctrinating the youth. Why does an elementary school all walk out in protest over trump being elected???

or do you hide your head up your ass and think this is not indoctrination of elementary school kids, ffs!

It's a great way to educate your kids if you are committed, but if you know you aren't a strongly consistent person, you need to take that into account as a parent.

I think it's a great way to train regular kids to become autistic.

he's an atheist i would guess.

No- i would buy programs and lessons. There's a few guys at work that do it and they said their kids were ahead of the curriculum the public schools were doing. They put them back into the public schools fora bit and the kids were way ahead.
I know a family that home schools their kid. He went to the high school for 1 class per day. Now he goes to a small college near by for a class on some days too.

He's a tremendous soccer player, maybe their best player.

Back