Holly Holm vs. Ketlen Vieira for Interim Title In the Works

I was responding to you saying there aren't that many interim title fights. In my opinion yes there are. About a 3rd of the PPVs from July-June had one. Conor, Aldo, and Holloway all became interim champ of the same division within a 18 month period, and I don't like it.

In the last case with Woodley, you literally had the champ saying he'll be ready to defend in August, just 2 months after the interim fight, but UFC couldn't help themselves. It feels like the reasons for having them are becoming more and more illogical, this one with Holm/Viera carrying that trend.

Just different perspectives I guess. For me it's too much.

I agree with you that there are too many but again, casuals do not necessarily know, feel or care the same way you and I do.

Let's see if the Holm/Viera IC fight will actually be confirmed before jumping the gun (Cyborg =/= UFC). Note that fight makes perfect sense as a title eliminator bout, the interim title is just an unnecessary element.

I agree with you that there are too many but again, casuals do not necessarily know, feel or care the same way you and I do.

Let's see if the Holm/Viera IC fight will actually be confirmed before jumping the gun (Cyborg =/= UFC). Note that fight makes perfect sense as a title eliminator bout, the interim title is just an unnecessary element.
I feel like in the cases of Holm/Viera and Colby/RDA, interim belts actually take away from how logical and good the matchmaking is. But you're right, with Cyborg there's always lots of talk before an actual bout becomes official, so better to wait.

Holly becoming the female Frankie Edgar with all these title shots
How dare you

Frankie Edgar keeps EARNING his way into title shots by consistently beating the best that the divisions have to offer.

Holly just keeps getting handed title shots on a silver platter.

How dare you

Frankie Edgar keeps EARNING his way into title shots by consistently beating the best that the divisions have to offer.

Holly just keeps getting handed title shots on a silver platter.

It's not her fault there are no fighters at 145 lbs.

Really hope to see Nunes vs Holm at some point soon.

I like that fight, not sure it needs a title involved. I hope they don't headline UFC 228 with that fight

Only reason I'm grateful it's for interim title is because I think it should be a 5 rounder to properly determine who's better. But I don't like it as a headliner, so interim title works nicely. Especially since Nunes won't be fighting back at 135 until sometime in the 1st quarter of 2019 at the earliest (if Cyborg fight happens at 232).

Only reason I'm grateful it's for interim title is because I think it should be a 5 rounder to properly determine who's better. But I don't like it as a headliner, so interim title works nicely. Especially since Nunes won't be fighting back at 135 until sometime in the 1st quarter of 2019 at the earliest (if Cyborg fight happens at 232).

Good point about the 5 rounds, but I'd rather have it as a headline of a UFC Fight Night. Even if Nunes only fights in spring 2019, the IC isn't really justified imho.

Mmmm, okay... Ok match-up I guess. Nothing special... WAIT!?!? This is for the Interim belt!?!!? That changes everything! This is going to be gooooooooood! Can't wait!!!! We get a new champion!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back