Holloway is ranked 3rd p4p now...

That fight was 4 years ago and Max was 21 at the time. He's not even the same fighter today. I was told a long time ago, that if it didn't happen in the last 3 years, it's irrelevant to current rankings. It's a pretty good rule of thumb. If you only look at the last 3 years, Max is clearly ahead of Conor. I think your green tinted shades are affecting your judgement.
Lol so you and your buddy make p4p rules?

That sounds like convenient rule making to suit your own argument.

My arguments were based on head to head, division results and success fighting up in weight, which is way more left than "well, let's just use this sample size. It suits my argument better than an unbiased one".

Hes not ahead of MM or Conor. Max also deserves his spot over Cormier because he just took out Aldo and is riding an 11 fight W streak in the UFC including 6 straight top 10 opponents.
I don't agree but fine. I hate DC so it's all good!

How could he logically be ahead of MM, DC or Conor?

DC has 1 loss to arguably the best fighter ever. MM has no losses in his weight class.

Conor beat Max and never lost at FW and won a belt in the next weight class up.

P4P has not much to do with how many losses you have. Sure it plays along but
quality of opponents and will to challenge themselves is much more important.
You can win more in a loss against a top class opponent than fighting scrubs with dominant wins.

Boxing with its longer tradition is a great example. Many of the p4p goats there went up one or several weightclasses to challenge the champ there. Pacquiao is a good example.

Lol so you and your buddy make p4p rules?

That sounds like convenient rule making to suit your own argument.

My arguments were based on head to head, division results and success fighting up in weight, which is way more left than "well, let's just use this sample size. It suits my argument better than an unbiased one".

First of all, p4p is imaginary.

Second of all, you're basically admitting you need to dig deeper than the last 3 years to justify your belief that Conor is ranked above him. I think there is a case for each fighter, and don't really care which gets ranked higher. You're trying to make it sound like there is no case for Max, when clearly there is.

That may be fair considering his run and his last loss came to the only champ-champ ever. DC just got KTFO'd but wee are supposed to act like it never happened - he also struggled with Gus, Rumble essentially gave him the fight and he is on decline. Holloway has straight murdered killers and breezed thru great fighters lately.

First of all, p4p is imaginary.

Second of all, you're basically admitting you need to dig deeper than the last 3 years to justify your belief that Conor is ranked above him. I think there is a case for each fighter, and don't really care which gets ranked higher. You're trying to make it sound like there is no case for Max, when clearly there is.
p4p is the dumbest thing in combat sports.

Back