Holloway is ranked 3rd p4p now...

How could he logically be ahead of MM, DC or Conor?

DC has 1 loss to arguably the best fighter ever. MM has no losses in his weight class.

Conor beat Max and never lost at FW and won a belt in the next weight class up.

Maybe DC. Just because of Maxes massive streak against ranked opponents.

New Panelists get removed or added all the time, which sometimes changes the rankings despite no new fights happening.

The UFC doesn't do the rankings. I remember when Conor was fighting Chad in 189, Chad was ranked 1 in FW, the moment he signed to fight Conor he got ranked 2 and Frankie was moved to 1

I remember some fucker ranking Chael at 2 in LHW beforw the Jones fight because "he did well in one fight against Shogun"!

DC is maybe the GOAT. Conor is proven pfp better than everyone except DC, who also won a championship in 2 weight classes. Joanna Jedrejczyk should be 3rd.

so let's also put him as unraked

Hes champ though and just fought a huge boxing match. Come on son....its not like he was sitting on a beach drinking a beer. Khabib did fuck all

Hes champ though and just fought a huge boxing match. Come on son....its not like he was sitting on a beach drinking a beer. Khabib did fuck all
but he was boxing and that's just not MMA. if you want to venture out of the sport, fine (as long as you're not the champ holding an entire division). but just remove him from the rankings for the time being. although next month will be one year, I think after a year without fighting, removing someone from the rankings would be appropriate

DC has 1 loss to arguably the best fighter ever. MM has no losses in his weight class.

DC? the only P4P he's ever close to was those fried chicken wings

sherdoggers emotional attachment to P4P & GOAT is cute, at best.

ya'll remind me of these two:

Max hasn't lost since losing to Conor; Conor has. Conor has fought 8 times since their fight and is 7-1 in that span. Max has fought 11 times and is 11-0 in that span. There is a good argument for ranking him above either guy, Conor or DC. I think it's a coin flip honestly.
Conor beat him though. Conor hasn't lost more fights than Max and moved up to win a title in the next weight class up.

Conor is undefeated in the UFC at FW and won the LW title. Max is behind.

Max hasn't lost since losing to Conor; Conor has. Conor has fought 8 times since their fight and is 7-1 in that span. Max has fought 11 times and is 11-0 in that span. There is a good argument for ranking him above either guy, Conor or DC. I think it's a coin flip honestly.
Conor was undefeated in the UFC at max'a weight and beat him. He then moved up a weight class and won the title.

Isn't that all criteria legitimately putting him ahead of max?

If not, p4p is even lamer than I thought. It is literally just opinions with a sprinkle of who you are a fan of more.

Conor was undefeated in the UFC at max'a weight and beat him. He then moved up a weight class and won the title.

Isn't that all criteria legitimately putting him ahead of max?

If not, p4p is even lamer than I thought. It is literally just opinions with a sprinkle of who you are a fan of more.

That fight was 4 years ago and Max was 21 at the time. He's not even the same fighter today. I was told a long time ago, that if it didn't happen in the last 3 years, it's irrelevant to current rankings. It's a pretty good rule of thumb. If you only look at the last 3 years, Max is clearly ahead of Conor. I think your green tinted shades are affecting your judgement.

shogun is top 5 at lhw, the division suck

cormier doesnt lose but he also doesn't beat anybody good

compare their wins in the last 3 years

aldo ( a goat candidate), pettis ( ex champ), lamas ( ex title challanger) , olievera, cub, cole miller

vs

2 time aj ( good wins) , gus ( good fighter but he nearly got finished, fight was a split decision and very controversial) , and a 40 years old mw in silva

holloway competition blows dc competition out ofthe water, and im not even counting the 2 losses to jones

Hes not ahead of MM or Conor. Max also deserves his spot over Cormier because he just took out Aldo and is riding an 11 fight W streak in the UFC including 6 straight top 10 opponents.

Back