Holloway is getting more flack for his illness than Ortega for taking steroids

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
this is the kind of person im talking about.... her de durr i am such a big fan i know who everyone is and have been watching forever.. hurr de durrrr.
bragging about this stuff isnt cool to anyone but the other 5-6 basement dwellers who obsess over MMA
Lmao.

You are an odd fella, but I’m sure you are alright.

Lmao.

You are an odd fella, but I’m sure you are alright.
thanks.
i only watch the big cards now.. Skip most events. From like 08-13 i watched everything... not sure why i lost interest .. think there is just to many cards now so im a casual.. I never did get the people who obsess and read everything about fighters lives and all of that though... like the people who would make a thread if Ronda drank a soda while walking her dog.. I just liked watching the fights... Now I watch like 4-5 cards a year. will watch the Joanna/val fight but last fight i watched was the khabib conor fight

I think people are just legit worried for Max's health.

Holloway has a style that takes alot of damage and not all guys age the same

The Diaz bro's could get hit 100 times in a fight and you won't notice a decline till they hit their late 30's while other fighters decline the moment they hit 30. So its really hard to guage how long a fighter like Hollway can last.

I had Hollway winning the original fight but after pulling out twice probably because of weight related issues I'm not sure if he can ever fight 100 percent at this weight class. Meanwhile Ortega seems mentally ready while Max has to be thinking about all he's been through including the depression.

True. But I think it is just a combination of recency bias and a lot of people didn't know ortega yet when he popped.

No one really knows who ortega is besides some basement dwellers who spend all day watching and reading about MMA.. Atleast some people know who Holloway is from him fighting conor.

All right and??

The PED zealotry on this forum is just another excuse to bash fighters that Shertards don't like personally.

Certain guys get hounded for failed tests even if they're eventually cleared (e.g. Romero), but others get total passes for it.

Ortega was caught red handed, and then tried to lie about it, likening drostanolone to hydroxycut.

Before you try to say he took responsibility, he didn't. Lying about your offenses is not taking responsibility.

He is a PED cheat, got caught with zero controversy. He will always be a cheater in my eyes. Wonder what he has been getting away with.

Sad.

Holloway suffered from an unknown issue and has been ridiculed for it

Ortega has literally taken steroids and no one mentions it. I guess Ortega is the flavour of the month

Holloway will destroy Ortega

I hope Holloway pieces up Ortega on the feet for taking PEDs

aside from the roids, I like the guy

Holloway has become a pullout merchant since he won the UFC belt which would explain some of the flack.

UFC 222 (Frankie Edgar)
UFC 223 (Khabib Nurmagomedov)
UFC 226 (Brian Ortega)

If he was to pullout again from UFC 231 then he would have to be stripped of the belt.

So besides this past year he has pulled out once. Aka a pullout merchant??

thanks.
i only watch the big cards now.. Skip most events. From like 08-13 i watched everything... not sure why i lost interest .. think there is just to many cards now so im a casual.. I never did get the people who obsess and read everything about fighters lives and all of that though... like the people who would make a thread if Ronda drank a soda while walking her dog.. I just liked watching the fights... Now I watch like 4-5 cards a year. will watch the Joanna/val fight but last fight i watched was the khabib conor fight
im abit like that too, but ortega is my current fav fighter with yoel so i do tend to read into most things they do, and thats why i was bias in my last post. but yeah, recently ive moved past watching every fight on every card, but ill try watch most headliners eventually, and tune into the big ones for sure. but you are right, way too many cards and fights to keep track off.

Sadly he gets a pass because he doesnt look like a roider and is fairly unknown.

Put him in anderson territory of fame and its different.

i dont think we ever will though... who knows . Max would have to come up and start running through the LW division
Agreed. Or Conor back to 145 which won't happen.I'd still like to see it now Max is older,wiser & far more experienced.

@Hitto What is this? I'm liking you more and more each thread lol, my man is speaking the truth. Max Injures his ankle, gets sick while preparing for Ortega, offers to step up on ONE WEEKS NOTICE against Khabib, get's stopped by the NYSAC, and the narrative becomes Max has health/weight problems smh.

I’ve noticed people constantly mentioning how nobody mentions Ortega’s positive

I think a lot of it has to do with Ortega admitting he fucked up. He didn’t make any excuses for it like everybody else. I’ve still seen some people hate on him for it, though. There’s a couple people around here that are hoping he gets smashed for it still.

I'm more interested in the Ortega foundation thing that seems to be a scam sending money directly into the Gracie's bank account.

He admitted it years ago and said it was for weight cutting, hasnt popped since. So who cares.

Max did it to himself once he started talkin about hiring PIs n bizzare shit to try n save face from pulling out of more fights more times than he has defended the title. Insulting the fans’ intelligence by whatever the fuck he was insinuating with the PI hiring talk will rub people the wrong way a lot more than being caught for something that elsebody as doing too like roiding.
What rubs you the wrong way more... merely getting caught doing something that everybody else is also doing or insulting the fans’ intelligence with ridiculous horseshit excuses when you did something most people are not doing?

Last edited:
Back