Media Hold DDP accountable for his words

On the contrary, Strickland was (literally) "the easiest finish" in Pereira's MMA career.

If you're an inept striker, like Du Plessis, then of course is going to be more difficult.

But when you're tactically-brilliant, power-puncher like Pereira, Strickland is literally a joke by comparison — as is Du Plessis.

So I guess Izzy is an inept striker since he didn't finish Strickland

So I guess Izzy is an inept striker since he didn't finish Strickland

No, stylistically Sean was a bad matchup.

Izzy needs to understand there, pose all full of himself, throw feints, etc. to be effective.

Strickland basically walk through all that stuff, and Izzy (being a natural runner) ran, and could never get set.

That same "walk-through all that stuff" Strickland tried with Pereira was tactical suicide, because Pereira is not a runner, and he has devastating hands and feet.

It's almost like a poor man's "Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali" ,,, Frazier's pressure style was very difficult for Ali to deal with — and yet it was tactical suicide against George Foreman.

He is not American
Here is the greatest African American

giphy.gif

I wasnt feeling the gsp gameplan but hey it worked for him just lilke the ufc does

really didn't counter anything. Sean rolled with most of the punches..DDP swung at air more often than not. Sean hasn't been figured out yet since he trained with Alex. That sloppy looping strikes will get him starched by izzy.

He'll be a knockout reel for izzy soon enough.
Sean isn't easy to hit and I'm cutting DDP some slack. I do agree with you that he's a favorable match up for Israel. I am expecting him to come back for it.

It would have been a lot more exciting fight if Strickland didn't extend his hands and move back like he's in a cat fight every time.

strikcland backpedaled the whole fight and just tried to defend himself
lmao i thought strickland was this fight to the death

Strickland fought a smart fight, unfortunately for him things didn’t go his way in the eyes of the judges. I was surprised he lost that decision. It’s too bad he didn’t capitalize more on those right hooks/overhands/forearm swings to Dricus’ left eye earlier in the last round. Maybe some more well placed teeps to the gut.

On the contrary, Strickland was (literally) "the easiest finish" in Pereira's MMA career.

If you're an inept striker, like Du Plessis, then of course is going to be more difficult.

But when you're tactically-brilliant, power-puncher like Pereira, Strickland is literally a joke by comparison — as is Du Plessis.
Izzy is just as good of a striker as Alex is though.

Strickland also said they'd fight nipple to nipple and dick to dick and go to war but I saw none of those things happen.

Izzy is just as good of a striker as Alex is though.

The facts don't prove out what you say, on any level. Let's take a look at THE FACTS:

Fact #1: Alex Pereira became Glory Kickboxing Middleweight Champ.
Fact #2: Israel Adesanya failed to become a Glory Kickboxing Middleweight Champ.

Fact #3: Alex became Glory Kickboxing Light Heavyweight Champ.
Fact #4: Israel didn't even compete here.

Fact #5: Pereira was Glory's only simultaneous Double Champ.
Fact #6: Adesanya couldn't become Champ in Glory, at all.

Fact #7: Izzy lost his UFC MW Champion status to Alex.
Fact #8: Izzy regained his UFC MW Champion status, by beating Alex, the only foothold Izzy has (Izzy is 1-1 UFC, 0-2 Glory, and 1-3 Overall against Alex).

Fact #9: Pereira succeeded in becoming UFC LHW Champ, also beating Błachowicz, the guy Izzy loss to.
Fact #10: Adesanya failed to become UFC LHW Champ, losing to Bill Błachowicz, whom Pereira beat.

In what effing universe does this make Izzy "as good" as Alex???

Israel Adesanya is not in the same level as Alex Pereira is a striker, in any discipline, all things reasonably considered.

Back