Media Hold DDP accountable for his words

I'm on the Pereira bandwagon too, but Strickland has leveled up since that fight. The guy who showed up to Izzy and DDP is better than the dude Alex faced.
He is not on the bandwagon, he is on Pereira's cock. Riding that shit like there is no tomorrow

Everyone says they want to finish fights. What a stupid fucking thread lol.

He has a 90% finish rate, and won this one because he was throwing punches, kicks, TDs looking for a finish while Sean was throwing mostly jabs
There's nothing wrong with throwing mostly jabs if they're connecting repeatedly. Variation alone shouldn't win you a decision. That's part of this problem. Judges being taken in by a variation of techniques despite being ineffective.

There's nothing wrong with throwing mostly jabs if they're connecting repeatedly. Variation alone shouldn't win you a decision. That's part of this problem. Judges being taken in by a variation of techniques despite being ineffective.
If they land a comparable number of strikes for the round, but 1 of them is almost all jabs and teeps, and the other is overhands, kicks, and also has several TDs and is the one moving forward, how on earth does the round go the guy only jabbing?

If they land a comparable number of strikes for the round, but 1 of them is almost all jabs and teeps, and the other is overhands, kicks, and also has several TDs and is the one moving forward, how on earth does the round go the guy only jabbing?
They didn't land a comparable number of strikes though.

The middle 3 rounds were 84 strikes to 86. How is that not a comparable number of strikes?
Outstruck in 4 rounds and badly outstruck in 2 of them. Out of the ones that landed for Dricus (and A LOT of them missed), many were checked, glancing off shoulder, or parried. As evidenced by their faces at the end.

Last edited:
That's the thing. People look at the fight and dismiss Sean's skillset and defense. Periera, aside from his incredible ko ability, fought the perfect counter striking style to Strickland with those chest jabs. And Alex is one of the last guys you wanna try and parry with.

Even with that said that, the loss and then training with Periera no doubt improved his striking defense.

All I'll say is that Dricus shouldnt be considered an easy win for anyone. Not Izzy, and damn sure not Poatan.
I'd agree. Standing up, he's got nothing for Israel Adesanya but on the ground, please refer to Robert Whittaker. I want to see it. I'd be rooting for Izzy actually for this one.

Back