Hockey Fans Thrown Out for "Racism"

giphy.gif
Too afraid to admit you treat others differently based on their skin color? The hotdog gif doesn't hide it.

LOL man, if you'd only know what kind of things fans yell in football matches in Eastern Europe.

It's bad enough that you rarely see fights anymore and that anytime someone gets lined up and smashed it's a major penalty. Hockey has been pussified enough. Do we really want to go down this path of even eliminating shit talking?

Saying fucked up shit is all in the game, yo.

Its ignorant behavior for sure but they didnt even fire off any slurs of profanity man this is absurd

snipes.jpg

vncZ8J3.gif

look at all these soft pussies having a meltdown over this .. I thought whites were the snowflakes .. no one is a bigger snowflake than blacks and minorities .. y'all get offended by anything .. soft as marshmallows
HELLO @RIPWarrior

I'm not sure if monkey chants are too fun for the players that are being subjected to them.

The reason why monkey chants got popular was because UEFA and the West was starting to moralize about them. Eastern Euros like to provoke Westerners out of spite when they moralize about something, that's why you have monkey chants now that are sung by many people who otherwise aren't racist.

I was thinking about more carefully thought out provocative songs though. Fans always insult each other here.

The reason why monkey chants got popular was because UEFA and the West was starting to moralize about them. Eastern Euros like to provoke Westerners out of spite when they moralize about something, that's why you have monkey chants now that are sung by many people who otherwise aren't racist.

I was thinking about more carefully thought out provocative songs though. Fans always insult each other here.

So racially abusing black players, who have nothing to do with the westerners "starting to moralize" over monkey chants, is OK because it's out of spite?

I don't think that any reasonable person, that genuinely isn't racist, would be racist to an innocent person just to prove a point.

LOL man, if you'd only know what kind of things fans yell in football matches in Eastern Europe.

I do know - and it's completely unacceptable. We should hold each other to a higher standard.

NHL arena environments are entirely different from Eastern European soccer stadiums, and I'm quite okay with that continuing to be the case.

It's bad enough that you rarely see fights anymore and that anytime someone gets lined up and smashed it's a major penalty. Hockey has been pussified enough. Do we really want to go down this path of even eliminating shit talking?

Saying fucked up shit is all in the game, yo.

vncZ8J3.gif

Shit talking is cool - you can shit talk without bringing race into the equation.

Shit talking is cool - you can shit talk without bringing race into the equation.

On the topic of shit talking on the ice, the NHL has actually come out against homophobia as well. Andrew Shaw who, for some reason, is on my favourite team got a fine for calling another player a fergert. I desperately wish that a feminist cabal had taken control of the NHL to void his contract so I wouldn't have to watch him anymore, but that's unfortunately not the case.

On the topic of shit talking on the ice, the NHL has actually come out against homophobia as well. Andrew Shaw who, for some reason, is on my favourite team got a fine for calling another player a fergert. I desperately wish that a feminist cabal had taken control of the NHL to void his contract so I wouldn't have to watch him anymore, but that's unfortunately not the case.

I love Shawzer but yeah he should know better. NHL is pushing this inclusivity thing pretty hard and you're not gonna get away with that anymore.

You can. But we don't need to legislate shit talking at hockey games. Plus, there's the "all is fair in love and war" stuff to consider, as well. I'm pretty sure that if the guy wasn't in the middle of a sporting event wearing the jersey of the opposition he wouldn't have to be in fear of being lynched.

I'm well-aware that race and gender are powder kegs these days, but come on. However you slice this one, getting worked up over the shit that sports fans say in the stands is beyond silly.

And no, I don't just think this because I'm a Chicagoan and a Blackhawks fan ;)

You can. But we don't need to legislate shit talking at hockey games. Plus, there's the "all is fair in love and war" stuff to consider, as well. I'm pretty sure that if the guy wasn't in the middle of a sporting event wearing the jersey of the opposition he wouldn't have to be in fear of being lynched.

I'm well-aware that race and gender are powder kegs these days, but come on. However you slice this one, getting worked up over the shit that sports fans say in the stands is beyond silly.

I am a Chicagoan and a Blackhawks fan too, bud - and I was extremely embarrassed by this behavior.

I am all for shit talking - but we can do better than to shit talk about someone's skin color.

Legislate? Goodness no. But it seems to me like some jabronis were just ejected from a game.

Back