Hockey Fans Thrown Out for "Racism"

He did get suspended- but it won't take effect until this upcoming year. As a result of the unpaid suspension he will lose $322,581

The player even expressed remorse:

In a separate statement, Gurriel described his actions as "indefensible."

Indefensible - from the horse's mouth. Yet you are defending it?

TF, when did I defend it? If he did that to me, he might be catching some heat.

And the league obviously didn't have the balls to suspend him for a game in the world series, imagine if he puckered his lips at a black guy? I mean thats basically the equivalent of what he did to Darvish. He would have been suspended for the rest of the World Series no doubt, instead he gets pops from his home crowd and probably a few endorsements out of it and plays the rest of the series.

A suspension in the regular season means jack shit, the dudes a millionaire, that 320 aint gonna hurt him that much, players get suspended just as much for any regular misconduct in the game.

Another really strange thing about that story was the total misrepresentation of Darvish's response, the media basically tried to play it off like Darvish gave no fucks, but in his actual statement Darvish was very critical of Gurriel but said he forgave him.

IDK weird shit, weird society. Its all backwards the way people see things here they are so indoctrinated by media.

TF, when did I defend it? If he did that to me, he might be catching some heat.

And the league obviously didn't have the balls to suspend him for a game in the world series, imagine if he puckered his lips at a black guy? I mean thats basically the equivalent of what he did to Darvish. He would have been suspended for the rest of the World Series no doubt, instead he gets pops from his home crowd and probably a few endorsements out of it and plays the rest of the series.

A suspension in the regular season means jack shit, the dudes a millionaire, that 320 aint gonna hurt him that much, players get suspended just as much for any regular misconduct in the game.

Another really strange thing about that story was the total misrepresentation of Darvish's response, the media basically tried to play it off like Darvish gave no fucks, but in his actual statement Darvish was very critical of Gurriel but said he forgave him.

IDK weird shit, weird society. Its all backwards the way people see things here they are so indoctrinated by media.

I agree he should have been suspended for the WS as well, but Manfred cucked out and said he didn't want to punish the team at the worst time for the actions of one player.

Also, maybe the hometown fans were cheering for him because he hit a homer off Darvish, not because of the slant eyes?

Did they change the name of the continent of Africa into Basketball?

I agree he should have been suspended for the WS as well, but Manfred cucked out and said he didn't want to punish the team at the worst time for the actions of one player.

Also, maybe the hometown fans were cheering for him because he hit a homer off Darvish, not because of the slant eyes?

Well yeah, we live in a society of double standards. Certain racist gestures are more normalized or considered more acceptable behaviour. In this case this Manfred guy didn't think making a slant eyed gusture at an Asian player was heinous enough to warrant a serious punishment. It had nothing to do with hurting the team for one player, thats BS. Its all politics, he knew backlash would be minimal from a 5% minority group that typically sees little to no support from left wing media.

Also the pops Gurriel got from his home crowd were not just after the homer, after the incident Gurriel got huge pops from his home crowd at every at bat in every game. Even the announcers were making note of it and there was a few small articles that mentioned it as well. It actually increased his popularity at home. Weird, its all very strange. The variation in standards dependant on skin color, the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Also the pops Gurriel got from his home crowd were not just after the homer, after the incident Gurriel got huge pops from his home crowd at every at bat in every game. It actually increased his popularity at home.

This very well could be because of the big homer he hit. There is no indication that it was because of the gesture - fans often cheer players for their contributions for big moments, and he had big moments all season/playoffs.

This very well could be because of the big homer he hit. There is no indication that it was because of the gesture - fans often cheer players for their contributions for big moments, and he had big moments all season/playoffs.

It was a multitude of factors:

- The big homer he hit.
- The fact that he was getting booed at the opposing stadium after the incident
- Some people considered what he did acceptable, standing up to the PC police, etc, that kinda crap.
- And also some people are just racist, it is what it is.

And the fact remains that he got more popular after the incident, which at some level means its considered acceptable in society.

It was a multitude of factors:

- The big homer he hit.
- The fact that he was getting booed at the opposing stadium after the incident
- Some people considered what he did acceptable, standing up to the PC police, etc, that kinda crap.
- And also some people are just racist, it is what it is.

And the fact remains that he got more popular after the incident, which at some level means its considered acceptable in society.

I think the vast majority of the cheers had to do with the homer and the success the team had during the playoffs/year.

I can't argue that there surely were some others that fall into the other groups, but I don't believe for one sec that the majority of astros fans were cheering because of the gesture - he was helping their team win their first world series.

Ya I’m far from a left winger but racism in 2018 is fucken inexcusable, from either side. All this hiding behind “free speach is lame, if you instigate racial conflict you deserve a boomerang off the head.

Back