Hockey Fans Thrown Out for "Racism"

Shoulda just done the Sherdog special and called him an athletic and explosive motherfucker, or held up two signs, one with "People who annoy you?" and the other with the Southpark "N_ggers" graphic, cuz you know, it's honestly not racially inflammatory, everyone knows the answer is Naggers.

Racist gonna racist......it has made me shake my head as well...........it's like they are circling the fucking wagons........

Seriously.. common decency may not be as common as I thought.. although I know a lot of people on here can be on the fringe.

I've literally lost brain cells reading through some of this drivel today.

You are the one exposing yourself as the idiot in this thread, believe me.

I was shocked at hard this is for you to grasp. Literally shocked to the point where I feel legitimately bad and embarrassed for you.

Well, don't - It's pretty evident that I'm not failing to "grasp" anything, I'm just too smart to consider this small and unimportant "racist" unlike the rest of you dumb fucks. Everything you think about me actually applies so much more to you and that other cunt.

Did they want him gone because he was black? No? Then they weren't racist. Someone chanting what they did as a joke or a troll move isn't racist in and of itself. Racial, yes. Racist, no.

It's degrading and dehumanizing to do it to anyone, yes? Specify what is explicitly racist about it. Sound it out.

You're depending on signals, context, history, and implication. I'd say it's pretty straightforward, but the problem with that is crossed signals. Could just be guys monkeying around-- being jackasses. It could be guys intending to degrade someone without intending racist intent (ex. is it not racist, or less likely to be perceived as racism, if it's a black guy doing it to another black guy? Like how black guys can drop "n****r" and not worry about a second glance unless they're on national TV?)

The key to demonstrating what is explicit means reducing the noise (i.e. subtext). An example I used earlier was blackface. There's really no other signal or indication with blackface. It's uniquely tied to that tradition. Even better are explicitly racist terms, and just as much is racial invective or threats (i.e. "Go home, blackie! Your kind are too stupid to play quarterback!")

1) The targets have all been black/brown
2) The perpetrators have all been white and more specifically European
3) Comparing blacks to monkeys has historically been a way of dehumanizing and degrading blacks by whites
4) Many articles like http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31644075

Football racism still rife in 2018 World Cup host Russia
But once spotted it was unmistakable: every time a black player from either side got the ball, a section of supporters behind each goal broke into monkey chants.

At one point a laughing fan performed an ape dance to match his grunting.

This was a football match in Russia, the next host of the World Cup.

Officials here play down suggestions that racism is a serious problem in the Russian game and say they are working to kick it out for good.--------

What more do you need for you to say that bananas and monkey chants directed at black players by white Europeans is explicit racism?

Last edited:
Seriously.. common decency may not be as common as I thought.. although I know a lot of people on here can be on the fringe.

I've literally lost brain cells reading through some of this drivel today.
Well, you only had a couple hundred to lose. All gravy

Well, don't - It's pretty evident that I'm not failing to "grasp" anything, I'm just too smart to consider this small and unimportant "racist" unlike the rest of you dumb fucks. Everything you think about me actually applies so much more to you and that other cunt.

Did they want him gone because he was black? No? Then they weren't racist. Someone chanting what they did as a joke or a troll move isn't racist in and of itself. Racial, yes. Racist, no.

Make another thread if you want to talk about something else. This is a thread about the hockey player getting racially charged chants aimed at him.

You don't have to be here. Free will, and all that.

Edit- You said it's "racial" but not "racist". I, along with a few others, have busted you up tonight.

Call it a night, kid. It's not going to get better.

Did they want him gone because he was black? No? Then they weren't racist.

What you fail to comprehend with your child-like mind is the answer is yes - it was because he was black.

The guy proclaiming himself smart as you have usually is the dumbest guy in the room.

Make another thread if you want to talk about something else. This is a thread about the hockey player getting racially charged chants aimed at him.

You don't have to be here. Free will, and all that.

Edit- You said it's "racial" but not "racist". I, along with a few others, have busted you up tonight.

Call it a night, kid. It's not going to get better.

You haven't busted up anything tonight, kid. Just shown that you're IQ is probably in the double digits.

Someone having fun yelling a stereotype at someone, oh the humanity! Bet they have white hoodies in their closets, too! LOL!

What you fail to comprehend with your child-like mind is the answer is yes - it was because he was black.

The guy proclaiming himself smart as you have usually is the dumbest guy in the room.

No, you assume it was because of what they chanted afterwards. You can't seem to grasp that chanting a racial stereotype at someone as a joke doesn't automatically mean their original reasons for wanting him gone in the first place had anything to do with his race.

You haven't busted up anything tonight, kid. Just shown that you're IQ is probably in the double digits.

Someone having fun yelling a stereotype at someone, oh the humanity! Bet they have white hoodies in their closets, too! LOL!

Among friends I'd say joke all you want but making a racial joke to someone you don't know just isn't smart. I don't think the guys deserved to be banned for life but kicked out of the game seems fine with me as they were probably drunk and thought they were being funny.

1) The targets have all been black/brown
2) The perpetrators have all been white and more specifically European
3) Comparing blacks to monkeys has historically been a way of dehumanizing and degrading blacks by whites
4) Many articles like http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31644075

Football racism still rife in 2018 World Cup host Russia
But once spotted it was unmistakable: every time a black player from either side got the ball, a section of supporters behind each goal broke into monkey chants.

Just a coincidence bro, they felt like 'monkeying around' every time a black player happened to get the ball. Correlation not causation etc...

A stereotype you obviously agree with or this wouldn't offend you in any way.

Great logic.

So understanding what some idiot meant means you support it these days.

How is this clearly the hockey player who has the power in this case? He's in a minority in a sport which the players are 99% white, all the owners and all the people with power are white, the fans are at least 90% white and he's being racially goaded. It's not like he can just walk out and leave during a game.
what's his salary?
how much do the fans make?

.........are you serious?

if a random black fan taunts/racially slurs a white NBA player, is that NBA player somehow mythically not the one in power b/c he's in the minority w/in that league? A professional athlete is inherently the more powerful one in this situation, nobody is there to see the can fans

if a golf fan said racial stuff to prime Tiger Woods, is he somehow still not the most dominant golfer, richest athlete, etc... and they're not some rando watching golf live?

Back