Here's Cody knocking down every single one of his opponents

its not a fair question because Dillashaw only went into that exchange that aggressive because he KNEW the round was almost over.

So, I don't really buy into the idea that Cody woulda won if not for the bell because every round is 5 minutes and that's the way it goes. Catch him sooner if you wanna win..

but this shit is just as stupid. TJ didn't risk getting knocked out because he "knew the round was almost over" and at no time before that exchange did he think "well if I get dropped here I'll be saved by the bell so let me stick my jaw out!!"

It's crazy to me how much people (not you, guy I quoted. Speaking generally) try and discredit these two. TJ got dropped because Cody beat him in that exchange at the end of a round and TJ beat Cody because he beat him in an exchange earlier in a round.

The rematch should be fucking awesome. The first fight was some high level competitive MMA and the rematch would be no different

1957fp.gif
Destroyed. Dude’s having a seizure after the KO.

Garbrandt is a great talent but he's afraid to move first and is really stupid

So, I don't really buy into the idea that Cody woulda won if not for the bell because every round is 5 minutes and that's the way it goes. Catch him sooner if you wanna win..

but this shit is just as stupid. TJ didn't risk getting knocked out because he "knew the round was almost over" and at no time before that exchange did he think "well if I get dropped here I'll be saved by the bell so let me stick my jaw out!!"

It's crazy to me how much people (not you, guy I quoted. Speaking generally) try and discredit these two. TJ got dropped because Cody beat him in that exchange at the end of a round and TJ beat Cody because he beat him in an exchange earlier in a round.

The rematch should be fucking awesome. The first fight was some high level competitive MMA and the rematch would be no different

Yes, TJ rushed in WAY more aggressively than he had prior when there was only ~15 seconds left and it must have been a total coincidence...

We have seen it literally 500 times where in the last 10 seconds a fighter tries to land something big, when they had been playing it relatively safe for the whole time prior.

No one is discrediting anyone, but you. Discrediting TJ's awareness of his defense and the time left in the round.

Yes, TJ rushed in WAY more aggressively than he had prior when there was only ~15 seconds left and it must have been a total coincidence...

We have seen it literally 500 times where in the last 10 seconds a fighter tries to land something big, when they had been playing it relatively safe for the whole time prior.

No one is discrediting anyone, but you. Discrediting TJ's awareness of his defense and the time left in the round.

No fighter plans out a strategy in their head that involves them getting knocked down. TJ had plenty of moments of aggression prior that did not result in him getting knocked down. Such a dumb concept. You're

I give both fighters credit and I'm not taking any away from either of them. The fuck can you say I'm discrediting TJ when i was literally give him credit in that post? Take some notes: you don't have to irrationally swing from a guys nuts to give a guy his props.

Last edited:
No fighter plans out a strategy in their head that involves them getting knocked down. TJ had plenty of moments of aggression that did not result in him getting knocked down.

I give both fighters credit and I'm not taking any away from either of them. The fuck can you say I'm discrediting TJ when i was literally give him credit in that post? Take some notes: you don't have to swing from a guys nuts to give credit.

youre pretending this never happens when it does lol. thousands of times, yes literally thousands, in combat sports such as boxing and mma, when the round is almost over and a fighter is aware of this they will take a chance. No shit their goal is not to get dropped and rocked but they are willing to take a chance to land something big on the other guy, because they know they can survive the round if shit goes south. this is such a silly argument lol

no.8 knockdown for me
he's still young enough to improve as well

youre pretending this never happens when it does lol. thousands of times, yes literally thousands, in combat sports such as boxing and mma, when the round is almost over and a fighter is aware of this they will take a chance. No shit their goal is not to get dropped and rocked but they are willing to take a chance to land something big on the other guy, because they know they can survive the round if shit goes south. this is such a silly argument lol

It was an exchange between two fighters. a normal exchange. TJ lost that exchange. The bell sounded. Some stuff happened. Then he won an exchange and ended the fight. Take your emotional bitchery out of the equation

They "take a chance" every time they throw a punch. You're exaggerating the relevance of it being at the end of the round to discredit Cody. It's, like I said, a stupid point to try and make. It's completely fuckin irrelevant.

I think Cody is the better fighter. He was too emotional and after almost finishing T.J. in the first was also reckless. Id pick Cody 9/10 times. I also think he's better than Dom.

Cody is a recovering douche. He tries to not be but you know...He's a hot head. I dont give a shit. He's a fighter not a monk.#Stillafan

cody is legit as hell just hate his attitude sometimes

I think both Cody and TJ are douchebags, but man do I feel lucky seeing both of these guys fight in their primes. That rematch will be fucking awesome.

Back