Here Comes The Boom. It has grown on me a lot

I liked Here Comes the Boom. Bas Rutten is hilarious in it.

Warrior is a pretty good movie but some of the stuff in the fight scenes (holding on till the bell when the other guy has a fully sunken RNC for example) was a little over the top.

I haven't, will have to check it out.

Thanks bud, one of the best surprises of the year for me. Love the film, its score/soundtrack is outstanding!

I respect your av equally, Bales best performance and a great dark comedy.

I actually thought it was mediocre the first time I viewed it, maybe my expectations were just too high and I went in expecting something else. The second time I watched it though it's like something clicked and I started seeing what everyone who was raving about it saw.

Bale is one of the best actors of our time imo, American Psycho and The Machinist are two movies imo that wouldn't have been nearly as good without his excellent performances.

Warrior is a different type of movie, but, imo, it is easily the superior movie. Warrior is one of the best sports movies ever made.

But.HCTB was awesome. It did have a lot of heart. When Winkler calls Kevin his hero, it's an undeniably great moment. I also love it for Bas... he was excellent. He had a big role, too.

Warrior is a different type of movie, but, imo, it is easily the superior movie. Warrior is one of the best sports movies ever made.

But.HCTB was awesome. It did have a lot of heart. When Winkler calls Kevin his hero, it's an undeniably great moment. I also love it for Bas... he was excellent. He had a big role, too.

Agreed

I actually thought it was mediocre the first time I viewed it, maybe my expectations were just too high and I went in expecting something else. The second time I watched it though it's like something clicked and I started seeing what everyone who was raving about it saw.

Bale is one of the best actors of our time imo, American Psycho and The Machinist are two movies imo that wouldn't have been nearly as good without his excellent performances.

See i didn't even see a trailer or hear shit about It Follow's before my first watch.

I now own it, and appreciate the hell out of it.

Bale is the greatest actor of his generation IMO. You can't argue with him being up there.

American Psycho, Machinist, Dark Knight Trilogy, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, American Hustle, The Fighter etc.

See i didn't even see a trailer or hear shit about It Follow's before my first watch.

I now own it, and appreciate the hell out of it.

Bale is the greatest actor of his generation IMO. You can't argue with him being up there.

American Psycho, Machinist, Dark Knight Trilogy, The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, American Hustle, The Fighter etc.

I had myself hyped up to see one of the best horror films ever made, I feel like it is up there honestly but with the exceptions I had built up I think any movie would have let me down.

I think this actually at least our 4th or 5th Christian Bale conversation, i'm ok with that.

best sports movie ever? You've obviously haven't seen the magic of Henry Rowengartner in the Rookie of the year

Exactly. I thought both films were awesome.

I had myself hyped up to see one of the best horror films ever made, I feel like it is up there honestly but with the exceptions I had built up I think any movie would have let me down.

I think this actually at least our 4th or 5th Christian Bale conversation, i'm ok with that.

I think it's best to go into a movie with minimal exposure. I remember going into The Dark Knight only knowing that Ledger was the Joker and that he had died prior to the movie releasing. Didn't see a single trailer and didn't even know Two-Face would be in the movie. Blown away.

The Dark Knight Rises, on the other hand, I saw 90% of the trailers and TV spots and was excited the entire year before it's release. Then I was disappointed

I think it's best to go into a movie with minimal exposure. I remember going into The Dark Knight only knowing that Ledger was the Joker and that he had died prior to the movie releasing. Didn't see a single trailer and didn't even know Two-Face would be in the movie. Blown away.

The Dark Knight Rises, on the other hand, I saw 90% of the trailers and TV spots and was excited the entire year before it's release. Then I was disappointed

I was pretty much the same with Dark Knight, wen't in ready to see just another super hero movie, but fuck I was slapped in the face with a very well made film.

I had the opposite experience with Dark Knight Rises, heard a lot of bad things but thought it was very good and almost as good as the previous film.

I agree, walking into a movie with minimal exceptions is pretty much the best way to assure a legit reaction.

Bale is soooo good lol, I'm also ok with it.

best sports movie ever? You've obviously haven't seen the magic of Henry Rowengartner in the Rookie of the year

I actually watched it again recently (weed). It is an awesome little movie. Sane Busey FTW

282749_large.jpg

Bale is soooo good lol, I'm also ok with it.

Really wish Tarrentino would use Bale in one of his films, feel like he would fit very well into Tarrentino's world but I could totally see those two not getting along at all.

It's so crazy that that is the voice of Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years.

But yeah Rookie of the Year was surprisingly good. It's no Major League, but it's good. Another good one is Field of Dreams. I just rewatched it recently and it is just choked full of heart. And James Earl Jones.

But yeah Rookie of the Year was surprisingly good. It's no Major League, but it's good. Another good one is Field of Dreams. I just rewatched it recently and it is just choked full of heart. And James Earl Jones.

Best baseball movies in no particular order:
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Major League
The Rookie
League of their own
Rookie of the year
Sandlot
The Natural
Moneyball
Bad News Bears (original)
Mr. 3000 (RIP bernie)