Help needed: Whey Protein for kid's breakfast

In fairness, nobody actually eats full English breakfasts daily in the UK. It's usually a treat or hangover thing. I do love them despite the 3000 Cal's of processed meat and fat!

Some continental breakfasts you get on holidays are pretty awful. Who wants garlicky sausage at 7am? I'll never forget the people's breath in the morning ski bus in Austria. Grim. And not sure croissants are the epitome of health.

A lot of builders and site workers tend to have full English breakfasts daily in the UK :)

Also nobody in France has croissant everyday for breakfast, more of a weekend thing. In my family and friends at least.

A lot of builders and site workers tend to have full English breakfasts daily in the UK :)

Also nobody in France has croissant everyday for breakfast, more of a weekend thing. In my family and friends at least.

I guess if you're working the roads for 10 hours you can burn that shit off.

I'm not surprised at the weekend thing. What hotels etc call a "continental" breakfast is same as English one - not what most people actually eat.

Black pudding is a big thing in France, boudin noir :D You don't have it in Canada? :eek:

It's heart attack on a plate, hence why it's only a one off when hangover for me. I definitely wouldn't be able to eat that everyday for breakfast.

Is that a national thing in france or is it regional? I save my indulgence in France for pastries made with apricots.

I actually live in the US and I don't see it in food stores often -- if ever. They had it in Canada, because of all of the Brits, and called it blood pudding --- which it's not. It's blood sausage but was labelled blood pudding.

blood-pudding.jpg

About a month ago I had blood sausage at this specialty meat place in Minneapolis. Solid stuff.

Is that a national thing in france or is it regional? I save my indulgence in France for pastries made with apricots.

I actually live in the US and I don't see it in food stores often -- if ever. They had it in Canada, because of all of the Brits, and called it blood pudding --- which it's not. It's blood sausage but was labelled blood pudding.

blood-pudding.jpg

About a month ago I had blood sausage at this specialty meat place in Minneapolis. Solid stuff.

National. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudin
Interestingly enough it seems the Brits called it "pudding" as it sounds like "boudin".

You like apricot pastries? How about apricot pie with frangipane?

tarte-aux-abricots-et-a-la-frangipane.jpg

Our pediatrician recommended a smoothie we give to the kids. It's pretty basic, and honestly, I think you are just splitting hairs worrying about the sugar content in the protein as we don't even use a full scoop.

Carbmaster yogurt or greek yogurt
Frozen berries
Banana
A lot of spinach
Ice
A little bit of whey protein (whatever is cheap)
Water

The frozen berries basically overpower the flavor so you don't taste the spinach at all. It's really the only way to get my kids to eat green veggies well.

Back