Help! Annoying co-worker gets away with doing nothing

That leaves me with only one option. Filming them in the act. Get them both fired!!!

I can't wait.

If you had a dedicated, hard working co-worker who was more qualified than you, you would have to work as hard or harder.

Unless you are a team, and she brings down your production, I don't see why it would make you happy for someone else's life to be harder. It doesn't affect you, other than making you look like a relatively better employee.

I only care about Sally-Does-Nothing if we’re competing for a promotion. That’s when I do what you’ve already started TS. I drop subtle but not malicious sounding hints. Example:

“Hey boss, I’m trying to find Sally, I need to make sure we’re running the same report. Have you seen her? Oh not here yet?.. I hope she’s okay. That’s the third day in a row.”

“Hey boss, I finished the TPS report, but I’d like to compare it with Sally’s before I leave. Can you pull it up? Oh she hasn’t turned it in? It was needed by today right? No prob, I’ll just go to her desk and see where she’s at with it. Oh she left early today? I hope she’s okay, she’s been needing to leave early a lot lately.”

“Hey boss, I noticed there’s been a lot of lag time on the computers lately. I had the IT guy look into it. He said that someone’s been playing a lot of World of Warcraft on station 8 whatever that means. It’s probably another business in the building tangling with our WiFi, but I thought you should know. What? Sally is station 8? Well it can’t be Sally. Mr. IT said whoever it is literally plays for hours a day. If it was Sally she’d never be able to get those TPS reports in on time. BTW, do you have her report for that comparison? No, still not done huh? No prob, she should be back from lunch any minute, I’ll just ask her myself. Must have hit traffic on the way back because she left like 50 mins ago.”
Too much trouble to say "Sally's a lazy bitch. "

I have an annoying co-worker I hated in silence for years doing the same job I do. I joined first, It’s a fat woman that is hardly in the office, full time salary same as me but comes in late, leaves early and is there 4 days a week.

She does half the work I do for the same salary and less knowledgeable. Yet my boss treats us as equals and keeps covering for her. He likes us the same, i hang out with him sometimes. I want to punch her IN THE FACE. I resent every moment. Her cubicle is next to mine, she makes loud personal phone calls all day. I told her keep it down. I totally avoid her all day. I never say hi or bye and keep industry knowledge to myself. I hope she loses her job. But isn't.

I approached my boss a few times and asked where she was when she was missing, he seems to be covering for her. I decreased my work output. I am pissed. If I tell on her too much I will look like a weasel. What should I do?
Your going to get fired for doing less work and the companies life will continue. Shes treated different cause shes a woman, plain and simple. Probably uses the kids excuse or has something in common with your boss you dont. Just keep your head down and do your work.

10-8, 10-9, 10-8 Annoying Co-Worker

I actually had a similar experience. I worked for the help desk for a credit union. There were 6 of us, 3 women and 3 men. I always knew that they women didn't do shit, but couldn't prove it. Then one day we got a whole brand new system that was able to track how man tickets everyone took and finished. Us 3 men did 80% of the tickets and one of the women only did about 10 tickets a month, while we were averaging like 200-300 tickets a month. It was super fucking annoying, but I got a new job like 4 months after that.

I only care about Sally-Does-Nothing if we’re competing for a promotion. That’s when I do what you’ve already started TS. I drop subtle but not malicious sounding hints. Example:

“Hey boss, I’m trying to find Sally, I need to make sure we’re running the same report. Have you seen her? Oh not here yet?.. I hope she’s okay. That’s the third day in a row.”

“Hey boss, I finished the TPS report, but I’d like to compare it with Sally’s before I leave. Can you pull it up? Oh she hasn’t turned it in? It was needed by today right? No prob, I’ll just go to her desk and see where she’s at with it. Oh she left early today? I hope she’s okay, she’s been needing to leave early a lot lately.”

“Hey boss, I noticed there’s been a lot of lag time on the computers lately. I had the IT guy look into it. He said that someone’s been playing a lot of World of Warcraft on station 8 whatever that means. It’s probably another business in the building tangling with our WiFi, but I thought you should know. What? Sally is station 8? Well it can’t be Sally. Mr. IT said whoever it is literally plays for hours a day. If it was Sally she’d never be able to get those TPS reports in on time. BTW, do you have her report for that comparison? No, still not done huh? No prob, she should be back from lunch any minute, I’ll just ask her myself. Must have hit traffic on the way back because she left like 50 mins ago.”

*Wait until there is just one slice of pizza in the break room* “Hey Sally, there’s one slice of pizza left in the break room if you want it.” *You know she does. Wait until she enters the break room then, “Hey Boss, no Pizza? Didn’t you hear there was pizza in the break room? If you head there now you should be able to get some.”

“Uh oh. Someone left the coffee pot on all night. It’s caked with burnt coffee. Oh Sally made coffee yesterday? No prob, honest mistake. Tell you what, I’m doing a Starbucks run. Want anything?”

*Next day*

“Whoops! Did someone leave on the coffee pot again last night? No? Then why all the burnt coffee? Oh no one cleaned it...Classic. I forgot who burned it...oh Sally. I’m surprised she didn’t clean it before she left, that’s not like her is it? Oh I remember, she had to leave in a hurry early yesterday, she must have just forgot. Well I’ll clean it because I don’t think Sally’s here yet. That traffics a bear. That’s why I always leave home early. My Mom always said, ‘If you can’t be on time, be early.’ BTW, I was gonna order the office Pizza today. I’ll make sure to save you a slice because I know you missed out last time. I think some people had more helpings than others is all.”

“Out sick? Poor Sally. She has the worst luck. She always seems to get sick on the Fridays before 3 day weekends.”
Taking notes...im definitely using one these. Nothing feels better than getting somebody fired thats lazy. Im usually lazy one so if ur lazier than me thats a problem.

Every job I have had there is always that person. Seems like a real world necessity to differentiate yourself between a hard worker or a passerby. You could always choose to not do much work also, hopefully not. GL

Up until last August I was supervising 1 staff member who was lazy. For the 1st year I supervised him I used different strategies to try get him to be more productive. From being a hard arse to being overly encouraging of the work he was doing. For the record the best way to motivate him was to instil the fear of losing his job. But the amount of time and energy it took just wasn't worth it. I wanted the lazy prick gone but my boss and HR wouldn't allow it so I just let it go. Dealing with staffing issues sucks.

Up until last August I was supervising 1 staff member who was lazy. For the 1st year I supervised him I used different strategies to try get him to be more productive. From being a hard arse to being overly encouraging of the work he was doing. For the record the best way to motivate him was to instil the fear of losing his job. But the amount of time and energy it took just wasn't worth it. I wanted the lazy prick gone but my boss and HR wouldn't allow it so I just let it go. Dealing with staffing issues sucks.

It took my wife over a year to fire an employee who wasn't working any of her case load. HR departments are fucking absurd. And it isn't like there wasn't proof. Every case needs to be entered into the computer and its progress is tracked and reviewed by quality. On top of that there were tons of witnesses that could attest to the fact that she was leaving the office early and sometimes not even showing up. When she was put on warning the bitch claimed a medical issue to make sure she couldn't get fired which added months to the process.

It's 2:00 pm and the usless bitch co-worker just left, went home. I'm leaving too. That should send my boss a message.

He thinks I'm some minion glued to a cubicle for his wallett. Delusional.

It took my wife over a year to fire an employee who wasn't working any of her case load. HR departments are fucking absurd. And it isn't like there wasn't proof. Every case needs to be entered into the computer and its progress is tracked and reviewed by quality. On top of that there were tons of witnesses that could attest to the fact that she was leaving the office early and sometimes not even showing up. When she was put on warning the bitch claimed a medical issue to make sure she couldn't get fired which added months to the process.

You fire someone then have to go through the recruitment process again with the possibility of getting someone just as bad or worse. If you get someone really good they will be gone again soon. The lazy guy we had was good at the primary part of his job but that was maybe 40% of his time. Sometimes the easiest thing to do is nothing, unfortunately.

It's 2:00 pm and the usless bitch co-worker just left, went home. I'm leaving too. That should send my boss a message.

He thinks I'm some minion glued to a cubicle for his wallett. Delusional.

Start looking for another job if you don't feel valued.

I had this happen a couple of years back.

Words of advice- just do your job as best as you can and ignore it. She'll fuck up eventually. I tried doing the "right things" when this happened to me and it just made me look like I was being an asshole to the boss's kiss-ass. In my situation, the guy got a big head. He got caught drinking on his lunch break, threw a tantrum and got the boot.

Do you really need help with this? Either...

1. Mind your own business

2. If it really bothers you, just do the same amount of work as her since you're both getting paid the same. If anyone asks why your production fell off, just point to her.

Start looking for another job if you don't feel valued.

The position is highly desirable and they hire from within so finding good people as replacements isn't much of an issue. But I get what you are saying.

Also, what TS should know is that a lot of bosses and managers will screw over their most productive people. A boss doesn't want to lose a good worker so sometimes they will hold the person back so they can't move on or be promoted. Being really good can be a detriment to your overall career. lmao.

Furthermore, I can't believe how stupid some employees are during the review part of the year. If you get a yearly review then you should be on your best behavior the month leading up to it. Some people bitch and moan right before reviews and bonus considerations. lol, recency bias will fuck them.

I had this happen a couple of years back.

Words of advice- just do your job as best as you can and ignore it. She'll fuck up eventually. I tried doing the "right things" when this happened to me and it just made me look like I was being an asshole to the boss's kiss-ass. In my situation, the guy got a big head. He got caught drinking on his lunch break, threw a tantrum and got the boot.
Lmfao

Focus on doing you and stop being jealous. What does her performance have to do with you?

Had the same guy awhile back. They finally got sick of him and set up a hidden camera to catch him sleeping. Caught him masturbating in the shop. I'm not joking I even made a thread about it. I'd like to say that eventually karma comes around but I know that's not true. Got this fucker good though
Holy shit I remember that!

Back