Heavyweight is worse than flyweight, this past weekend only further cements this fact.

light heavyweight is almost as bad as heavyweight, especially with davis and bader going to bellator, and none of them cut much weight and DC is bumping up to prove how bad heavyweight is
1 fighter is moving up to HW?
If LHW is so bad, why are 71 MWs cutting a huge amount of weight to avoid the LHWs? You would think at least half of them would move up to get the easy, high paid fights?

HW is best because it shows who the baddest men on the planet are. Everyone else are just skinny dudes or manlets.

I don't care who the 170 pound "champ" is when the worst heavyweights can easily kick his ass

back in the day in boxing weight was not as much of an issue. Joe Louis was 196 when he KO 260 pound Primo Carnera
Hunt was put in a coma by Manhoef who has fought at 170 and Manhoef is basically a can.

It's the UFC HW.
PRIDE HW was awesome with Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop etc

Last edited:
In the UFC.. only 3 times has a HW ko'd someone in a title fight, by Cain and Stipe. Flyweight, it has happened twice in title fights, both by DJ. Flyweight has faster ko's in a title fight then the MW, WW and BW divisions, 2:08 by DJ.. Rhonda has a KO in the same amount of time as the fastest HW KO in a title fight. DJ only sits behind Silva and Hughes for finishes in a title fight by a single fighter. FW has more sub wins in title fights then any other division.. 4 by DJ, HW only has 1.
Dude, there are more KOs at HW than at flyweight. + more spectacular

Dude, there are more KOs at HW than at flyweight. + more spectacular
That wasn't my argument.. comprehension skills aren't up to par? The "more spectacular" is subjective, as to me, martial arts is about skill, not just winging sloppy bombs and connecting. So a HW KO to me and many others who grasp Combat Sports, isn't always "spectacular" in doing so.. I'm more impressed when a HW gets a submission victory.

Borg is 24 with 5 years experience, in no way was that worse than a vet who has noob level wrestling yet is still top 10 by doing nothing but spamming overhands
So you complain about HW being too old, but Borg being too young?

In the UFC.. only 3 times has a HW ko'd someone in a title fight, by Cain and Stipe. Flyweight, it has happened twice in title fights, both by DJ. Flyweight has faster ko's in a title fight then the MW, WW and BW divisions, 2:08 by DJ.. Rhonda has a KO in the same amount of time as the fastest HW KO in a title fight. DJ only sits behind Silva and Hughes for finishes in a title fight by a single fighter. FW has more sub wins in title fights then any other division.. 4 by DJ, HW only has 1.

wow great info

Brock couldn’t cut it in the nfl

not true, he made it to the last cuts and was offered a practice squad position, he also could have probably made the roster of another team but only wanted to play for minnesota

All UFC division are full of bums. Dont let some elite trees blind you from seeing the forest of cans.

Nah, Flyweight is the only division that has only one fighter worth watching. HW’s are always something to look forward to.

I’ll take a sloppy KO from a HW over two manlets anyday

Why dont you go watch street fight videos, if you want to see no skill brawl. Sitting on your couch being a fat ass and weighting 300 pnd does that make you a heavyweight but it does make you a fat ass tho.

You can say it's crap all you want but im fairly confident that volkov would murder midget mouse.

Heavyweight worldwide is actually stacked to the roof: Stipe, Minakov, Ngannou, Volkov, DC, Cain, Werdum, Blaydes, Brock, very likely Jones, possibly Rumble, Bam Bam, Ivanov, Reem, eventually Gus,etc.

FW is garbage because there is no changing of the guard Andre champ is the biggest ducker and record ladder in UFC history. A healthy division should be changing the belt atleaat every few defenses.

Heavyweight fighters should be all about power wrestling and heavy slugging.
LHW should be about big brawling types and tall rangey guys
MIddleweight and Welterweight should be a nice balance of all types. fast transitioning wrestling, boxing, muay thai and all that.
Lightweight and featherweight, we should be seeing more athletic awesomeness, explosive movements and fast high paced action. If all these fools stopped weight cutting we would be getting this since they wouldn't be gassed by the 2nd round.
Bantam and Flyweight is basically watching hyperactive little midgets. Before you all slate me for what I said about Bantam, Cody and the other elite Bantams should all be really fighting at featherweight.

At the moment, heavyweight in MMA are just fat brawlers suffering post usada. A proper heavyweight would be someone like Aleksey Oliynyk, although he is way past his prime now.
The last ACB I tried to watch had Tanner Boser fighting DJ Lindermann. It was boring..... so painfully boring, I had to switch it off.
They were barely doing more than pushing each other to the cage wall. Ugh!

i think you miss the point, it's not about team sports, it's about higher paying job taking away the elite athletes from the potential pool of fighters.
i think you miss the point, it's not about team sports, it's about higher paying job taking away the elite athletes from the potential pool of fighters.
Well where are the elite athletes at flyweight? Because there are no professional sports that cater to 5’5 125lb males.

Why dont you go watch street fight videos, if you want to see no skill brawl. Sitting on your couch being a fat ass and weighting 300 pnd does that make you a heavyweight but it does make you a fat ass tho.
I don’t want to see a no skill street fight brawl.

Which is why I enjoy watching MMA HWs. And flyweight is boring as crap outside of MM.

Nah, Flyweight is the only division that has only one fighter worth watching.
You don't think that's selling Cejudo a bit short? Also, Joe B is 25-0 against non-GOATs. FLW isn't better than heavyweight, but if they had Horiguchi and Bagautinov back, TS wouldn't be so wrong.

But as it stands, I think HW is closer to turning a corner for the best than FLW is.

I don’t want to see a no skill street fight brawl.

Which is why I enjoy watching MMA HWs.

buentello+struve.gif

{<jordan}

Back