Heavyweight is worse than flyweight, this past weekend only further cements this fact.

light heavyweight is almost as bad as heavyweight, especially with davis and bader going to bellator, and none of them cut much weight and DC is bumping up to prove how bad heavyweight is

So if DC cant win the belt then it would be proof of the opposite right?

I feel like fans of FLW are the most sensitive children on this site who live vicariously through MM. His success is not your success.....

I'm not a flyweight fan nor an MM fan, I just think heavyweight is god awful followed closely by LHW

I'm not a flyweight fan nor an MM fan, I just think heavyweight is god awful followed closely by LHW
FLW isn't good.... The shiittier Pettis was one win away from a titleshot... Cariaso.... Moraga.... Reis, Borg..... These guys are just middle of the pack fighters getting title shots because FLW sucks.

So if DC cant win the belt then it would be proof of the opposite right?

No, it would be proof heavyweight has 1 good fighter, unless you think DC would lose to a top 10 heavyweight like mark hunt, Ngannou or black beat with their great TDD

{<jordan}

you are arguing that you would rather watch nonathletic fat guys KO each other, which is fine, but it's still the worst division skill and talent wise.

Flyweight is far worse skill and talent wise. Which is why guys like Chris Cariaso, Wilson Reis, and Ray Borg are considered number one contenders.

How is Alexander Volkov fat? He’s 6’7 and in good shape. HWs are truly talented because they don’t have to cut weight to gain an advantage.

Flyweight is far worse skill and talent wise. Which is why guys like Chris Cariaso, Wilson Reis, and Ray Borg are considered number one contenders.

How is Alexander Volkov fat? He’s 6’7 and in good shape. HWs are truly talented because they don’t have to cut weight to gain an advantage.

Imagine there was a position in football and basketball for 5'9 160 lbers, that paid millions of dollars per year, do you think the middle divisions quality would be the same?

Those guys are considered contenders because MM has been beating everyone. Just like LHW a barely top 10 guy like latifi is now a "contender"

Arlovski would be one of the easiest fights for even a guy like Woodley to KO, no chin and old and yet he's 1 fight away from top 10 again lmao after a 5 fight losing streak

Because there are like 15 fighters in the UFC outside of top 10. And half of them don't even deserve to be signed. This happened because UFC is wasting money on chicks and midgets, instead of investing money in HW division. Soccer moms fighting Cyborg are paid better than most HWs.

3rd worst
I think the best HWs are better than the best FLWs. Even shot overeem, arlovski and Werdum are better than Borg, Cariaso, Reis.....these guys are just average, even in their prime.

No, it would be proof heavyweight has 1 good fighter, unless you think DC would lose to a top 10 heavyweight like mark hunt, Ngannou or black beat with their great TDD

{<jordan}

That one good fighter lost to struve and had a close fight with reem. So its obviously more competitive than your making it out to be.

The truth is you should have some big MWs and LHWs going up to become champ and being successful but strangely there isnt.

Because there are like 15 fighters in the UFC outside of top 10. And half of them don't even deserve to be signed. This happened because UFC is wasting money on chicks and midgets, instead of investing money in HW division. Soccer moms fighting Cyborg are paid better than most HWs.

There's nobody to invest in at heavyweight unless you want a bunch of tuivasu guys who are 5-0 and have to be fed non-wrestlers for at least 5+ fights to gain some hype

people underestimate how hard it is to have any sort of sustained success at HW. with the power these guys have in their hands anyone has a chance to get knocked out any night and they eventually do sometime. stipe and cain are the only two who have had some sort of sustained success and even cain's "sustained success" was against mostly bigfoot and JDS. there's not the same threat of being finished at FLW (even though I know statistics say that something like 27% of FLW fights end in submission it's not like you see any of the top five getting shocked with subs). hard to have a deep division when the power in these guy's hands are so overwhelming that there's really no such thing as a fluke KO at HW

Flyweights are great. They suck to watch because they're 5'3" and the cage is 6'+. They look like midgets.

HW is great to watch because you know that you're watching the best fighters in the world. Even if they suck and are horrible athletes, they're still the best fighters.

Dada 5000 > Mighty Mouse in a fight

I think the best HWs are better than the best FLWs. Even shot overeem, arlovski and Werdum are better than Borg, Cariaso, Reis.....these guys are just average, even in their prime.

best at what? the entire landscape of combat sports at heavyweight is bad because of football and basketball (and even rugby in some other countries) and LHW to an extent as well. There is no dilution from other sports at the smaller weights

There's nobody to invest in at heavyweight unless you want a bunch of tuivasu guys who are 5-0 and have to be fed non-wrestlers for at least 5+ fights to gain some hype

They could sign at least 10 guys from Russian promotions that would beat anybody outside of UFCs top 10.

people underestimate how hard it is to have any sort of sustained success at HW. with the power these guys have in their hands anyone has a chance to get knocked out any night and they eventually do sometime. stipe and cain are the only two who have had some sort of sustained success and even cain's "sustained success" was against mostly bigfoot and JDS. there's not the same threat of being finished at FLW (even though I know statistics say that something like 27% of FLW fights end in submission it's not like you see any of the top five getting shocked with subs). hard to have a deep division when the power in these guy's hands are so overwhelming that there's really no such thing as a fluke KO at HW

this is a result of many terrible chins as well as average to below average striking. Stipe is the first heavyweight who actually has slightly above average understanding of boxing and even then he gets stupid in his fights and does reckless things

Arlovski would be one of the easiest fights for even a guy like Woodley to KO, no chin and old and yet he's 1 fight away from top 10 again lmao after a 5 fight losing streak

So then why didnt top lhw and KO monster anthony johnson easily knock him out?

Back