Hearn to Sadam Ali: Kell Brook Coming for Your 154-Pound Title

He says word for word that he wants Brook to fight for that title. How does Brook deserve a shot at a belt held by Ali who didn't deserve it either?

Right, Ali was a cherry pick gone wrong. But he was ranked, so he gets a shot by technicality; Brook isn't even ranked. I think the most logical path is Sadam fights Liam Smith. Meanwhile Brook fights someone to get ranked. Then inevitably gets a TS against the winner of Ali/Smith.

You're putting words in my mouth. All I said was that Brook is undeserving of a title fight at 154.

No i'm not, and i completely agree with you.

Your first post seemed like a response to somebody saying he deserved a shot, which is why i questioned it.

I'd make Brook fight a proper fight at his own weight before he got a title shot, never mind a gimme fight at a higher weight to test the waters

It's going to end up bad, Brook never really had much to his game IMO and he seems to be taking a lot more damage than he used to, but thats what happens when you step into world class waters

So what... he’s a schmuck for not doing it still. He’ll never get another chance to win belt in a third weight class. I’d do it and drop down again.
he would be a schmuck for calling him out before he wins his next fight. first things first. plus, belts arent everything to everyone. there is a lot more money to be made at 147. if he wins this, he has some big dogs out there that he can try to fight.

the problem with a lot of you fans is that you think every fighter in boxing and mma is all about their legacy, and that they will forget the money to add one more title. in reality, most are more worried about the money. and its hard to blame them for that considering they may have another 40-50 years to live after retirement.

but who knows what Jessie is thinking (actually i do but cant say). he is smart to worry about the fight in front of him. he would look foolish to dismiss this guy

he would be a schmuck for calling him out before he wins his next fight. first things first. plus, belts arent everything to everyone. there is a lot more money to be made at 147. if he wins this, he has some big dogs out there that he can try to fight.

the problem with a lot of you fans is that you think every fighter in boxing and mma is all about their legacy, and that they will forget the money to add one more title. in reality, most are more worried about the money. and its hard to blame them for that considering they may have another 40-50 years to live after retirement.

but who knows what Jessie is thinking (actually i do but cant say). he is smart to worry about the fight in front of him. he would look foolish to dismiss this guy
Beating the Ali that is going to be beat that version of Brook is no different than Crawford challenging the Horn that beat that version of Pac.
I am talking more about money here than legacy. easy bonus of name value just calling urself a 3 dev world champ rather than a 2. #EASYWORK

Last edited:
Back