Have you ever had a crush on your coach?

This is definitley ghey.

This is definitley ghey.

giphy.gif

I will definitely admit to using closed guard tactics on my coach Marcelo.

But even though it's closed I'm always open.

If TS is asking an honest question then I don't think this is a useless thread. I'm going on the assumption that TS is a guy that likes guys. Not my thing but it doesn't directly affect me so, knock yourself out. Would the question be more valid if asked by a lady that likes guys? I find the repeated flippant dismissal closed minded.

So to answer TS' question. Nope. Trained strictly with male coaches so never had the temptation.

No, only trained under men and am not gay. I've had students have crushes on me, which is extremely awkward and pretty difficult to deal with because you don't want to actively avoid someone who's training under you, but you also don't want to encourage someone if it's not going to happen. It's a very fine line to walk.

Don't know if a gay student has ever had a crush on me. The few gay guys I've known who grappled were quite well aware of how awkward their sexuality could make grappling for their straight partners if they joked about it or made any kind of references, so they tended to be all business. Which I think was good. By the same token I don't think it's appropriate for men or women to make sexual remarks, even joking ones, when rolling with each other just because the nature of grappling is already so intimate. It's really easy to make people feel uncomfortable rolling with the opposite sex (especially if they're new) so best not to bring it up.

Yeah, I did, she was my judo coach, pretty good looking. Yes, I tried to ask her out. No, it did not go well. So much cringe and facepalm if I recall correctly.

You can't hit a home run if you don't swing.

Yeah, I did, she was my judo coach, pretty good looking. Yes, I tried to ask her out. No, it did not go well. So much cringe and facepalm if I recall correctly.

Were you a student or staff? Because if you were a student I find coaches/student dating inappropriate.

The only exception to me, if you were a student, is if you were a brown/black belt because by then your becoming a peer.

My coaches are men and no, I'm not gay or bisexual, so this is a non issue for me.

Yes. My high school tennis coach. Damn when she would run, her boobs were bouncing up and down. Being a 15 year old watching those things up close.

My female wrestling coach cleans up nice

Mostly males coaches so no.

No, never, even though I'm so goodlooking, oh wowwww, yeahhh!!!!! that I think I'm the greatest gift to women since slice bread, I wouldn't trade eating mussels with sword fighting

WTF is this thread!??, I knew it, rubbing bodies with sweaty dudes makes one geeeyyyyy! BJJ is geeyyy! I think I should stop training BJJ asap!

I crush my coach with the presh.

For realz... a jiu Jitsu academy is not the best place to find a significant other... the coach / student dynamic is problematic. People wind up leaving the academy after break ups.

As far as the bromances go... don't be scared, homie... it's just jiu Jitsu. It won't make you gay...

Last edited:
Professionalism people.. professionalism

And real professionalism not the type used as an excuse to be disingenuous catty

Hmm, I did get caught in north south tonight and well... I suppose for most people it would be seen as pretty gay... But I mean having sweaty ball sacks and taints all up in ya grill is pretty standard newaza training. Impossible for me to look him in the eye from that position, so it's all good.

To answer the question. No, I've never had a woman coach before.

Never had a female coach but I've had students (and mom's of students) who I believe did when going thru a divorce it became more prevalent.

I have never had a female coach. I went to a free yoga-taster-session once, the woman who taught there was pretty hot, but that is really it.

Back